It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Divine Plan for each of us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I was just wondering people's opinions. I don't believe that each one of us has a set life to lead.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
A part of me says yes, and a part says no. I will look into it with my Aura Effect too on my research. I think it is obvious that you choose your path (unless of mental or other difficulties).

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have this feeling that there is no set path for any individuals - unless your parents/family push you and make you go in a set direction. =-D What would be the point of "God" giving each individual a certain path in life? This is the only thing a person needs to know: Get busy living, or get busy dying. =D

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My opinion is that when we come into the body we are at the mercy of the chaotic world, but that some things are somehow intertwined. We interact with certain people throughout our lives who we knew from former lives.
We learn life lessons thru them, and play out different roles.
Every person is unique and special, but the world is chaotic and almost no events are set in stone. Just my opinion.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I agree with darkblade. Certain interactions and the role you choose will be the ultamate path of your life.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I believe that there is a divine plan for each of us, but thats not to say that we don't have free will. Most people think that predestinationalism means the lack of free will. If you look back a hundred years ago to someone who was alive and try to put yourself in their shoes. They must have wondered similar questions. People then thought about the meaning of life, and whether or not they had free will, or whether fate was guiding their every steps. Lets say you were at a fork in the road, where you could go right or left. You pause and consider... is God, or fate, or something going to control which path I take? You decide to take the left, then you think... Just in case fate or whatever had me going left (since you WERE going to go left), I'll go right. So you go right. Looking back a hundred years from now, theres no question to the observer which direction you took. You obviously went right. You could have stood there playing mind games trying to decide for hours, but eventually you went right. You made a free choice.

Now I believe that God, fate, the universe (or whatever you believe in... God for me) sees time all laid out, not like we do, and knows the past, present, and future of our lives. So aren't we predestined to make the choices we were always going to make? The ones we have made, are making, and are going to make?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It is a reason why we come to live this life, we all have a divine plan.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Darkblade, what do you mean when you talk about former lives? I always hear people refer to them but never an explanation.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yes and no. I feel that ultimately there must be an overall plan for humanity as a whole but for individuals I don't agree. We must be able to decide our destiny. Then ofcourse one can argue that there is a plan but we don't have to necessarily abide by it.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i think each individual contribute to form the destiny of a greater cause, humanity for example. but i do not believe in a plan for each individual. maybe it's because what i seen or know from others, but it lead me to believe that it's the world it's every man for himself. the only destiny for individual is mercy in this chaotic world and the strongest survives

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mxyztos
Darkblade, what do you mean when you talk about former lives? I always hear people refer to them but never an explanation.

Reincarnation basically. I once had a dream where I relived the last 2 hours of what I believe to be my last lifetime. I got that dream one night after meditating and asking to know if it was a valid experience.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Man is the measure of all things, as the saying goes, but does man determine all things?

I am compelled to confess that, yes, even I believe that thier is divine authority which fosters some influence in our lives, though the level of influence is uknown as is the exact tenets of this divinity, personal experiences of my own have granted me great merit to say for certain that theer does exist a phenom of influence beyond our rational senses. Some are just fated to achieve greatness, may it be through karma or destiny.

Deep

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I do believe that humanity in its entire totality steers its own destiny through a collective train of thought. A group consciouss exerience, but on a vaster global scale, encompassing every thought expereinced by man/woman. The Media is the best example, it tends to sway and bias the populace of its respected country into acting out its accord, may it be right or wrong, the entire populace will spearhead in this direction.

This sounds a bit ambigious and scattered, but I am having troubles collecting my thoughts :shk:

Deep

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think that key aspects of our lives are predestined, but we have a choice as to how we get to these milestones.

How many times have you met people who's lives had almost crossed yours on more than one occassion? I think we are meant to meet these people, but the time has to be right in both persons lives, so there are many more chances given if we miss the first contact.

These people have a special place in our lives. They may introduce us to new ideas/persuits/relationships etc. They have a key role to play in our lives. Sometimes these may be fleeting contacts, other times they may lead to a lasting friendship/relationships and should never be taken lightly.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OK here is my theory.... I think that our lifes are all a trip. Like a long vacation, I think that the only things that are set, well not neccesarily set , but ment to be are... The end, and 1 or 2 stops on the way. In other words our lives are not set, we have free will , so we can get to our destinations anyway we want, the choice is the good easy way, or the hard bad way. Either way there are stops you have to make, but how you get there is your choice.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Is our life decided for us.........

Do we decide the genes we are given ?
Do we decide when and were we are born?
Do we decide what people tell us is right and wrong?
Do we decide what information is given to us?

The ego/mind has no really control over what happens to it, it wants to think it does.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There's no "big plan" for all of us. There's no such thing as fate or destiny.

Don't believe that if something gotta happen to you, it will happen. Don't wait for your big moment to happen, make it happen. Don't think you can't screw your life, because you can screw your life.

You're your only own master.There's no rules in chaos.

That's what I think.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The things you say morbid have some truth, you can create tomoorow by working today. And if you your looking at it in terms of screwing your life up you can.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Rom 9:11 (For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? [Is there] unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 [What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

fitzpatrick is on the right track.

let me put it in these terms. . . man is free to do what comes naturally. so unless man is his own creator, thusly defining his own nature, he is actually in bondage to the vanity of human character born into him by God.

now speaking of the spiritual process, an unsaved man is by nature carnal and selfish. therefore, unless there is divine intervention and a "gift of faith," he will never, by any means, correctly see the truth of God. also, to those who supress truth, as pharaoh, their life also is ordained by the Creator, but their end is not as glorious as those who are given "the gift."

but by all means, to those who claim to be authors of their own salvation/goodness, more power to you. as for myself, i must acknowledge my lack of strength and my over abundance of selfishness. in other words, please, let's not argue, this is just my take. i have nothing to prove, only things to share.

daved

ps. i know this puts me in the crossfire for flames, but please by kind and remember, this is only my view. if it threatens you, argue about it to yourself. i have already spent 4 years fighting within myslef about this after finally accepting the truth of it. i know every arguement against it since i formerly despised it with all malice. if you have questions, ask away, otherwise, i will not reply to flames.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Since everything is connected in unseen ways, everything we do affects everything else in existence even if only minimally and through a billion other permitations. With that said, there is no grand plan laid out for my life before I have even lived it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join