It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Dem Health Care Talks Collapsing - Thank God!

page: 1
7
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
ObamaCare will be on life support until November 2010.
Then the American people will shove a stake through its heart. RIP
Politico




posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


woohooo its a partay! now they will have to discuss the REAL problems again!



posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


woohooo its a partay! now they will have to discuss the REAL problems again!


That would be the economy.
I can already see the next "cash for clunkers" deal.
They better do something.
No more democrats want to get "coakleyed" in November 2010.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43
 




woohooo its a partay! now they will have to discuss the REAL problems again!


oh, health care isn't a real problem?
ok, so we'll skip that problem for now, and discuss something else...
does it matter what that something else is? No. It doesn't, because whatever it is republicans will be against it just to make the current party look bad(some of them have stated this), and nothing will get done, and then, Thank GOD!! They will all get voted out of office, so we can get a bunch of republicans in who are no better then democrats in all of the areas where they are supposed be better, such as spending(republican administration spend way more the the dems.). We'll end up with more awesome infringements on freedom like religious wackos legislating, and corporate interests ruining our way of life( see either of the 2 headlining threads about the major supreme court decision today, which was supported by conservative judges).

Think. Please.

Before you jump to any conclusions, I did not vote for Obama, i am not a democrat, I am not a republican, and i don't necessarily agree with the current health care bill. I just see the system as a failure. It's petty and stupid, and the people who will be fans of this thread are likely buying right into that.


junk.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206
 


I agree with you so much! It should be about whats best for people and no what is best for x political party. They should make it so that nobody can hold a term for more then 4 years. Get rid of the parties all together and just elect people based on how they respond to the issues. No more lobbyists.

Healthcare is a real issue and it will continue to be even if it doesn't go anywhere now. Republicans seem to be against everything but offer no solutions of their own.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
WELL I THINK THERE are a few more nails in now Obama's political coffin soon ready to set sail for Kenya.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206
 


Think before you post.
Did you see and read that 2,000+ page monster that Pelosi and Reid
created? It's a disaster! It's dead now. Thank God!
Yes, the health care system needs fixing BUT that ObamaCare
would make it worse.
-------------------------------------------------------
What we need is Tort reform.
We will NOT get that with Obama in the White House.
Team Obama is in bed with the trial lawyers.
Why can't we buy health insurance over state lines?
I hope you don't want the Canadian Health Care system down here.
Currently, it's IMPLODING up there.




posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by livingtruth
 


ohh I get it... because you are one of the people that thinks he wasn't born here.... OMG! THAT IS SO ORIGINAL AND FUNNY!

How would you solve the healthcare crisis we currently have? What are you major issues with the current plan being proposed? What do you think would be going on that would be so much better if McCain won?



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by livingtruth
WELL I THINK THERE are a few more nails in now Obama's political coffin soon ready to set sail for Kenya.


He will just go back to Chicago and cry.
Obama is too arrogant to be president.
I think Axelrod is the only person holding the White House together.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by livingtruth
 





WELL I THINK THERE are a few more nails in now Obama's political coffin soon ready to set sail for Kenya.


YES!!! then we can finally get the other party in to power, you know the one that we replaced a couple years ago because they sucked so bad and their approval ratings were in the gutter. the one that ran the country into the ground with all their failed policies, which are exactly the same as many of the current policies....


all that horse power and we're just spinnin our wheels.....


the voters suck worse then the parties....



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by livingtruth
 





WELL I THINK THERE are a few more nails in now Obama's political coffin soon ready to set sail for Kenya.


YES!!! then we can finally get the other party in to power, you know the one that we replaced a couple years ago because they sucked so bad and their approval ratings were in the gutter. the one that ran the country into the ground with all their failed policies, which are exactly the same as many of the current policies....


all that horse power and we're just spinnin our wheels.....


the voters suck worse then the parties....








And then they can appoint more SCOTUS members


www.abovetopsecret.com...

"FIGHT THE SOCIALISMS LIGHT WITH STRAIGHT CUT FASCISM"



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 





Think before you post.
Did you see and read that 2,000+ page monster that Pelosi and Reid
created? It's a disaster! It's dead now. Thank God!
Yes, the health care system needs fixing BUT that ObamaCare
would make it worse.


read before you assume that i need to think before YOU post.... neener neener.

I never said i support the plan.



What we need is Tort reform.
We will NOT get that with Obama in the White House.
Team Obama is in bed with the trial lawyers.
Why can't we buy health insurance over state lines?
I hope you don't want the Canadian Health Care system down here.
Currently, it's IMPLODING up there.


and who are "the conservatives" in bed with?
i never said anything about canadian health care either.
i did in fact buffer my entire first post with facts to help you NOT jump to conclusions...and you STILL did. Fail.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by livingtruth
WELL I THINK THERE are a few more nails in now Obama's political coffin soon ready to set sail for Kenya.


He will just go back to Chicago and cry.
Obama is too arrogant to be president.
I think Axelrod is the only person holding the White House together.


Well I'll tell you, if this SCOTUS decision is challenged and the GOP doesn't jump on
board yall may go back in the water grave. Better hope your "news" boys don't wash the lot of you to back this insanity, although it looks to late, you'd better back off now, TIS a real game changer.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Health care reform teetered on the brink of collapse Thursday as House and Senate leaders struggled to coalesce around a strategy to rescue the plan, in the face of growing pessimism among lawmakers that the president’s top priority can survive.

The legislative landscape was filled with obstacles: House Democrats won’t pass the Senate bill. Senate Democrats don’t want to start from scratch just to appease the House. And the White House still isn’t telling Congress how to fix the problem.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) both tried to put a good face on the obvious chaos on Thursday, promising to press on.

“We have to get a bill passed,” Pelosi told reporters. “We know that.”

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) said, “No way is it dead, because it’s so important for the country. And we will find a way to pass [it].”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.




Read more: www.politico.com...

I received this Email from Dennis Kucinich:


Dear Friends,

Forty-seven million Americans are without health insurance. Why? Because they can't afford it.

And what's Washington's solution? Require people to buy private insurance with the government providing a subsidy to the health insurance companies.

What a pathetic state of affairs that our national government cannot respond to the needs of the people and must first respond to the needs of Wall Street and the health insurance industry and their stock prices.

I am going to continue to fight for single-payer. And I'm going to continue to try to get in the final legislation a provision which will protect the rights of states to be able to move forward with single-payer health care plans of their own.

It is time that we broke the chains, which the health insurance companies have on our political process. It's time that we have a government that we can call our own. And it's time that Congress respond to the needs of the American people first, and recognize that health care is a basic right in a democratic society.

Thank you.


This country is screwed if we cannot get our legislative branch to work together on real solutions.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206
 


So you appear to be for nothing???
--------------------------------------
That's a cool strategy. Be for nothing that way you can't be
criticized.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
So health care isn't a serious problem? Now imagine if your kids or nephews and nieces, etc. don't get lucky later on in life and land a job taking in less than $40,000 a year and can't afford the better coverage ("you have a lot of cash! Here, we'll help you" coverage). Coupled with debt up to their heads and one incident can take every cent they have away and have them paying people off for a long time to come. I would gladly pay taxes to support universal health care. Maybe people living in very well off neighborhoods and communities or people raised by mommy and daddy who paid for everything don't get it. But i do and I'm sure millions upon millions of people do. This isn't about republicans and democrats you morons, it's about your fellow citizens who may not be so fortunate in their health or pay checks. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't be allowed a life saving treatment or operation? If you can't afford it we'll make sure your paying this off for the rest of your life? You bought your insurance plan but we only ensure that you keep paying us to be turned down countless times?? Good going America you dropped the ball once again.

Good, you guys got Scott Brown too. Big accomplishment. another paid for politician.

These kinds of threads are starting to piss me off because they miss the point in its entirety. All it is is another "F&%^ you i'm the winner" circle jerk.


Edit> I don't support the current health care bill. But I'm sure that once the Democrats stop trying to push it through and give up that health care reform will be forgotten. Americas attention span is as short as their minds are open.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by patent98310]



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno
 


They have to get a bill passed!

I don't think they even care what's inside the healthcare bill.
Pelosi / Reid / Obama have egg all over their faces right now.
They have spent 12 months pushing this garbage through
both houses. Now here we are January 2010 and........what?
No Cap & trade. No ObamaCare. No nothing.
------------------------------------------------------
Pelosi,Reid and Obama should all be thrown out of office.
Ignore the American people at your peril.


[edit on 22-1-2010 by Eurisko2012]

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Eurisko2012]



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by patent98310
 


ObamaCare is dead. Stop whining. We won the election.
We have momentum and just wait and see what happens November 2010.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
In the mean time the current health care system will work
just fine. Democrat Congressman Weiner even admitted it!
The Emergency Rooms treat everyone.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Oh you must think i'm an Obama supporter? I was already editing my post to add that i don't support the current health care bill. Rep and Dem, don't matter to me. They really don't differ in the way they operate. They are both leading this country into the ground as the ignorant citizens fight their battles.

Momentum,That's cool, i hope republicans win come 2012. I would love to see Republicans playing the victim again when everyone's criticizing them for #ty governing. Then vise verse when the Dems win again. Then again after that.



posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by patent98310
So health care isn't a serious problem? Now imagine if your kids or nephews and nieces, etc. don't get lucky later on in life and land a job taking in less than $40,000 a year and can't afford the better coverage ("you have a lot of cash! Here, we'll help you" coverage). Coupled with debt up to their heads and one incident can take every cent they have away and have them paying people off for a long time to come. I would gladly pay taxes to support universal health care. Maybe people living in very well off neighborhoods and communities or people raised by mommy and daddy who paid for everything don't get it. But i do and I'm sure millions upon millions of people do. This isn't about republicans and democrats you morons, it's about your fellow citizens who may not be so fortunate in their health or pay checks. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't be allowed a life saving treatment or operation? If you can't afford it we'll make sure your paying this off for the rest of your life? You bought your insurance plan but we only ensure that you keep paying us to be turned down countless times?? Good going America you dropped the ball once again.

Good, you guys got Scott Brown too. Big accomplishment. another paid for politician.

These kinds of threads are starting to piss me off because they miss the point in its entirety. All it is is another "F&%^ you i'm the winner" circle jerk.


Edit> I don't support the current health care bill. But I'm sure that once the Democrats stop trying to push it through and give up that health care reform will be forgotten. Americas attention span is as short as their minds are open.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by patent98310]


Well friend these people don't give a lick about a people they don't see, the only to wake each of them up would be a horrendous diagnosis... Sad but true



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join