It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the ignorant hate spewed about Islam because of American propaganda.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

No, America was founded on Christian principles and as far as I recall, Only John Adams was a gnostic with his wife, and Thomas Jeferson a nondenominational semi-christian. The rest were full blooded christians.

But what few recall is that America is not only founded on Christian principals. It was founded on Abrahamic principals. The founding fathers did not go wild for resources and kill people of different faiths. As a matter of fact they attacked North Africa to eliminate piracy and allow cultural and resource trade across the Mediterranean.

Also, have you ever thought that the reason all religions seem the same is because... maybe its a history of God trying to put them right? I don't think any religion can get it right. You just try your best. As a Catholic I remember Jesus saying true religion comes from the heart. That makes me believe that any religion that encourages true human nature, that being peace love and good will to all, are all loved by God and going to where they belong after death.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
3. Americans have never been face to face with such serious people before. I mean when someone is willing to strap bombs to themselves, their kids, their friends, etc...and blow the crap out of themselves and others...that alone will make any OTHER culture say..whoa...and second guess thier true intentions...

This is very true. And the normal human response is to paint these muslims as victims of poverty or brainwashing or some mystery that is a defense mechanism that allows the human nature to accept the behavior.
However, this isn't the case.
Islamic ideology is completely different in a few simple ways.
1. Islam is not plural, which means they do not follow the Golden Rule or consider all men equal. Instead muslims are superior by their beliefs and those inferior should die.
2. Islam is 57 OIC (Organization of Islamic Countries) countries who are under one belief system which makes them a powerful force in the world. This includes 1.6 billion followers under Sharia Law.
3. Islam has the goal of dar ul Islam which is world domination.
4. There is a specific documented plan for world domination gleaned from Saddam's computers as well as AQ's.
5. The second round of major terrorism attacks after 911 are not planned to start until 2010. You can see the increase in activity everyday since the crotchbomber on Christmas Day (a Christian holiday like 911 was).
6. Terrorism will not cease until the plan ends with global domination in 2017.
7. Muslims will use various methods, including MSM, to claim they are victims and discriminated against in order to gain support and sympathy.

So what can be done about this?
1. NATO is a defense organization. Until WMD are used we will be subjected to increased terrorism attacks like plane service disruption, other transportation incidents, tanker trucks, sniping, etc.
2. Don't fall for propaganda that allows muslims to play the victim.
3. Report suspicious incidents. Speak out. (Ft Hood)
4. If you are discriminated against, bullied, any sign of hate upon you by a muslim, report it.
5. Don't fall for muslims trying to insist that Americans need to learn more about their culture. No, muslims need to assimilate.
6. Sharia Law does not apply outside the OIC. Zero tolerance!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsmappy
And when the Twin Towers came down the Muslim cheered!
ALL of them. So don't feed me this crap about a FEW Muslims...blah, blah, blah
You are in a Christian Country. DEAL with IT!!!!!

You said it all in three lines! Good point!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

I hear what you are saying and am glad for your fellows that you are a true believer.

Perhaps I did not make myself clear. For 'leaders' read the top bods, the intranational leaders such as the pope and others in the vatican or Ayatollah in islam. If you are not one of them then I believe your own personal faith is being manipulated and used for other ends than you intend. I also believe this goes back to the very beginning. Back further than the first Priest Class, further than Sumer or Stonehenge, way way back to the first time someone unscrupulous acquired secret knowledge.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Islam is not a race, it is a religion. Comparing the hate of Islam to hating an ethnic group is really stupid. I have studied Islam, I have had friends whom were Muslim and some that are now Christian. I know the truth and your post is hypocritical, contradicting and shows your ignorance.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Kinda like the third reich, huh?but that wasn't very Christian. We don't consider it a Christian war.

This thread wasn't created to bash other religions, it was created to understand why Islam is so hated and spoken against/for. I have no problems busting on ANY religion if that is the main focus, but this is not. The argument here is WHY ARE AMERICANS BUSTING ON ISLAM/MUSLIMS?

See this ALWAYS happens..people want to bring in OTHER religions so they can bash them...and when I don't bash them too you guys think I am anti-Islam and must be pro-christian...which is wrong because I TEND TO STAY ON THE TOPIC. This has nothing to do with christian based fools, wars, and attrocities. Again, I will gladly speak my mind on any religion...had this title said: SICK OF THE IGNORANT HATE SPEWED ABOUT CHRISTIANS BECAUSE OF MIDDLE EASTERN PROPAGANDA, I would have much to say as well....

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsmappy
And when the Twin Towers came down the Muslim cheered!
ALL of them. So don't feed me this crap about a FEW Muslims...blah, blah, blah
You are in a Christian Country. DEAL with IT!!!!!

Riiiight. Like there aren't Americans who say things like "turn the middle east into a glass parking lot". Or Americans who cheer when we carpet bomb entire towns.

And the Muslims I saw on 9/11 were too busy trying to wipe the dust from the towers out of their eyes/mouths to cheer. I guess those were tears of joy and gasps/coughs of adulation, right?

And if you EVER try to force your Christian "god" on me because I am an American, you will be very sorry. I dealt with that control structure (Christianity) for too much of my life and refuse to conform to it now.

Best part of this all? Jews, Christians and Muslims all pray to the same guy.
Ain't that a HOOT!

The ignorance in this thread ceases to amaze me. So many people just do not get it. They do not get that man has always tried to control man, and by exploiting the primal "us versus them" urge through religion a small group of men can control entire nations.
Person A: "My team is blue."
Person B: "MY team is RED!"
Person A: "DEATH TO ALL RED!!!" *bang* *bang*
Person A: "Dear blue god, I am so righteous because I pray to you. Thank you for forgiving me for killing Person B. He was not one of "us", so you understand. I sleep so soundly."

Thank you OP for this thread. It has opened my eyes and expanded my ignore list. I do not know how someone can claim to deny ignorance and then grasp onto a book full of re-interpreted Sumerian and pagan stories as if some magical "god" wrote it. Wow.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Islam may, or may not, be all that some of you claim it to be. I suspect that many of you are nothing even resembling experts on the subject... But I digress.

Muslims, and Christians have lived together in this country for many, many years...lived, and worked, even played together. The danger to us, meaning all of us, not just non muslims, is the fundamentalist zealot. It's him that brought down the twin towers on 911, not your neighbor who was over yesterday to borrow/return the rake he borrowed...or the nice lady down the street who just dropped the kids off after picking them, along with her kids, up from soccer practise. What's their religious belief got to do with anything, they're our neighbors and friends...or they will be if you let them.

There are extremists in their midst...Muslim, Catholic, and others... So? Are you going to let them rule your lives by inoculating you all with hate? Then they've won without a shot being fired.

Evil Islam... Evil Christians... Evil Judaism... They want us to buy into the paradigm of hate and conflict.

I, for one, refuse to play... I will judge, to the best of my ability, each according to his/her character, or lack there of...

If you all, and I mean all of you, which ever side you profess to support, want to play this game of Russian roulette...feel free.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
DON"T WORRY EVRYONE...
I know how to end the debate... Do you know which religion has killed the most people...

ATHEISM/HUMANSIM.....500,000,000 and counting in the US alone since Roe V Wade. That's the population of the states of GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, and FL COMBINED! It is far more then the crusades and any other religious war combined since recorded history.... HUMANISM... the silent JIHAD!! The "non-religious" are the most violent plague the world has ever known. Islam is tame in comparrison.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by trueperspective]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pujols5

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by seattletruth

uhhhhh . . . no.

Nothing taken out of context from the Koran.

Read page after page . . . the context itself is plenty horrid.

100+ hideously violent exhortations and instructions re what to do with Non-Muslims!!!

No amount of rationalizing works.

No thanks.

Hey dude, how bout i bring the verses from the bible and you bring the verses from the quran, we'll see who has the worst verses, i guarantee you will be humilated and will lose any ounce of credibility you had or ever will had, so are you up for it?

I'm not dude, but I would just like to comment the bottom line if you want to make a comparison is, the Bible teaches us to love our neighbor, in fact it is the highest command next to loving God. And America HAS loved it's neighbors, risked their lives for the underdog countless times. Has any muslim country loved it's neighbor? No, not a one. They hate everyone, but I think they are becoming more modern lately, taking a liking to Hugo and Kim Jong for instance. They're sooo choosy.

link   
@Nixie_nox

When it comes to the history of World War II, the American media has developed a black hole concerning the genocidal policies of the Nazis against Christians. Everyone should know by now that not all of Nazism’s victims were Jews. Millions—we do not know and probably will never know the precise number—were Christians, mostly civilians selected for destruction for ethnic, religious, social, cultural, or political reasons. When Christians of that era are mentioned in the media, their victimization is either ignored, trivialized or distorted. Too often false generalizations about pandemic Christian collaboration with the Nazis against the Jews are made to deflect attention away from the huge numbers of Christian victims during the most destructive war in history...

www.holocaustforgotten.com...

link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Ohhh how many times I've said that even to so called friends.

It is an interesting reaction.

How to deflect the topic and make it about something else.

Agree with you.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Kinda like the third reich, huh?but that wasn't very Christian. We don't consider it a Christian war.

This thread wasn't created to bash other religions, it was created to understand why Islam is so hated and spoken against/for. I have no problems busting on ANY religion if that is the main focus, but this is not. The argument here is WHY ARE AMERICANS BUSTING ON ISLAM/MUSLIMS?

See this ALWAYS happens..people want to bring in OTHER religions so they can bash them...and when I don't bash them too you guys think I am anti-Islam and must be pro-christian...which is wrong because I TEND TO STAY ON THE TOPIC. This has nothing to do with christian based fools, wars, and attrocities. Again, I will gladly speak my mind on any religion...had this title said: SICK OF THE IGNORANT HATE SPEWED ABOUT CHRISTIANS BECAUSE OF MIDDLE EASTERN PROPAGANDA, I would have much to say as well....

I think you answered your own question. It IS about Christianity while ALSO being about Islam. It IS about control and encouraging divisiveness. All popular non-gnostic practices of religion are nothing more than psychotherapy and control mechanisms for societies.

Each religion has codes of conduct. In many ways that is good for society. At the same time practitioners and leaders of these same religions dictate behavior and encourage intolerance of others.

Ignorant hate spewed toward Islam is also ignorant hate spewed toward Christianity. A true spiritual practitioner would recognize that. Once a person rejects ego and finds the true soul within themselves, they realize that we are all indeed one, and our similarities do not end with our good traits, they extend to our bad traits. There is no "high road", there is no "better god", there is no "right way" of doing it if you are looking for some magical external entity to decide if you are good or bad.

My neighbor's hate toward Jews/Muslims/Catholics is my neighbor's hate toward me. I can only love my neighbor for being human and being me. I have weaknesses as well, and I only ask that my brother forgive me as I try to forgive others. I am far from perfect and make as many mistakes as my neighbor.

The hate and intolerance toward Islam that is popularized by the dozens of "experts" on ATS is abhorrent. These "experts" that know that all Muslims are evil are the same "experts" that claim a moral superiority via their god.

This is not just ignorant, it is pure hate. The same hate and intolerance that radical Muslims exhibit.

I cannot waste emotional energy in this thread. It is nothing but negative. Sorry if I offended anybody with my post here.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Bilw85

Some youtube videos and a fox blog? Really, case closed? How sad.

I would hate to think of some of the ideas that could be contrived from American youtube videos. What if a country got a hold of a the Jackass videos, does that group define America?

It is easy to pick and choose little reasons to dislike a group.

And you certainly need more then youtube.

I'm sure it wouldn't matter if I have 100 videos. You will stick up for someone who hates you until the knife is under your throat. I hold no wish for harming anyone. Muslims can do what ever they want. I do think God put 2 large oceans between us for a reason though.

link   
I agree we cannot group all Muslins together, but the problem is there is a large number of extremist Muslin that it has had some very big negative effects across the whole world.

The question to ask is why is the world seeing Muslins as an extremist culture? We all know that not all are, but there is a high enough percentage of them that we see continuous extremism everywhere. If I were you I would not be so upset with the world that sees Muslins in a negative way as much as being upset with the Muslins that are creating that view.

link   
2 posts

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I don't hate Islam, I don't really understand it, but you have to understand some things and why most Americans don't give a ---- about Islam.

1. America was founded on Christian beliefs, the majority of people since America was formed have been Christian, so when the people of Islam move to this country and then DEMAND their beliefs and ways superseed those of the majority and founders...your going to have problems.

2. We in America are definitly not perfect, and we have people who do some dumb, VERY dumb things, but when you read about fathers killing their kids because of boys, phones, hair, make-up, etc...it sets a bad tone...now yes we have people who do this stuff to, but not at the same rate as those of Islam.

3. Americans have never been face to face with such serious people before. I mean when someone is willing to strap bombs to themselves, their kids, their friends, etc...and blow the crap out of themselves and others...that alone will make any OTHER culture say..whoa...and second guess thier true intentions...

so thats my take on it....

I'm seriously trying to understand why the above post has so many stars. Everything stated is simply untrue or twisted. First, I have yet to EVER hear any muslim state that they want their religion to supercede ANY other religion in this country, let along Christianity. Where do you get that from?

Better yet, I see that as you simply making the OPs point. You are displaying a large amount of ignorance. Yet you are not the only one because you have gotten quite a few stars for the post. Hmmmm, really? That many people instantly agreeing without thinking it through?

Your second point is also a bit off. If you were to match up the number of violent crimes committed against children by their parents on a country by country basis (or percentage to make it more fair) I would be EXTREMELY surprised to find any muslim country that is NOT run under a dictatorship have more than the U.S.

I love my country but the simple facts are that you aren't basing your statements on any.

The last statement again makes the OPs point. Since a FEW people get brainwashed and allow themselves to become bombs because they feel their people have been invaded or wronged, well, that means ALL of them are like that? There are well over 1 billion muslims. How many suicide bombings have there been in the last 5 years? If you do the math you may be EXTREMELY surprised at how few there really are. Then, as with the second point I made, count up all of the murders committed in this country and figure out the percentage based on our population alone. I bet that number will be MUCH greater than the number of suicide bombers in the past 5 years. That would be only for 1 year of murders here!

So, I will NOT be giving you a star for your post. Though I should because it honestly made the OPs point very well. It was a wonderful display of ignorance.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
try liveing near a large group of muslims before defending them most will happaly admit thay are here to take over. thay only start trouble when thay out number the target at least 2-1.
just the other day my brother had to stop his car to chase 2 grown men beating a young gipsy boy with a crow bar and thay ran from 1 man vs 2 with crow bar thay are cowards thay intimidate only the weak or outnumberd. thay smashed the kids arm badly BTW
theres a muslim stand up near me one of his acts is called englistan, kind of says it all.
theres also a program i saw afew years ago called "who you calling a N-word(you know the one i mean)" see if you can find someware to view this if you want the truth about islama write up about it

most are scum a shame for the few good ones i`ve met, and i mean FEW

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I understand that their are many islamic people out there that are productive, moral people out there. These are not the people that most Americans have a problem with.

We take issue with the extremist, and the fundamentalist. These people are violent, and wish to destroy Western society. They have stated this themselves.

We also take issue with Islamic run governments. They show us why we have seperation of church and state in this country. A islamic run government allows all of the violence and any many cases endorses it. This can be seen in Iran and many other islamic nations in the world.

They condone the beating of women, and killing non muslims.

You seem to be a person that does not understand what we are mad about and take offense at anything anyone says.

ISLAM AT ITS MOST BASIC IS VIOLENT, INTOLERANT, AND A DANGER TO THE WORLD.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join