Sick of the ignorant hate spewed about Islam because of American propaganda.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hej! listen mister its not because of American propaganda, I live in Belgium FAAAR faar away form the USA and I live with muslims. I know how they are and I know what they do.

The plain truth is that most of them (not all of them) are agressive and they try to change the way we live here in our secular society, we give them rights and they abuse free speech to kill of our free speech.

They kill our presidents and have attempted to kill the cartoonist that drew Mohamed. They want to impliment there own right system (sharia) and they there were even cases where parents complained to the school where children of all gender could take a bath in the same pool.

Islamists are the people that didn't want to give a hand to the pricipal of a school because she was female.

These are the people we are dealing with

They want to built minarettes in our western societies they have built mosks and they keep demanding more. These people have no boundaries and if you think that we anti-islamists are ignorant then YOU my friend are shallow and stupid.

cmon mister, lets have a discussion because frankly you have no foot to stand on, I hopen the news papers and everywhere in the world EVEN russia there groups of islamists commiting acts of terror.

Don't get me wrong i have islamist friends but I can get along with them because they are what you could call "moderate" islamists they do ramadan but they drink have sex and they curse.

But the islamists that follow the exact word of mohamed and Allah are people to be feared.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Are you kidding me!!! You just took my thread and flipped it on it's head. And the funny thing is everyone listens to your MSM fed garbage about, "the poor Muslims are the victims." "If we could only help them out they wouldn't want to set Americans on fire and hang there chared bodies from bridges." You can read my TRUE other side of the story here ( www.abovetopsecret.com... )

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This compilation seems pretty compelling to me...

Question:

Does the Qur'an really contain dozens of verses promoting violence?

Summary Answer:

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

These verses are mostly open-ended, meaning that the historical context is not embedded within the surrounding text (as are nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence). They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Qur'an.

Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to abrogate or even balance out the many that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation, convert to Islam, or are killed. This proclivity toward violence - and Muhammad's own martial legacy - has left a trail of blood and tears across world history.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah." There is a good case to be made that the textual context of this particular passage is defensive war, even if the historical context was not. However, there are also two worrisome pieces to these verse. The first is that the killing of others is authorized in the event of "persecution" (a qualification that is ambiguous at best). The second is that fighting may persist until "religion is for Allah." The example set by Muhammad is not reassuring.

Qur'an (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Qur'an (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding caravans with this verse.

Qur'an (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Qur'an (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').

Qur'an (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle, as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. Here is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.

Qur'an (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Qur'an (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by seattletruth

Again, here in America we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH and that means Islam, Allah, Muhammad, and any Muslim can be made fun of, JUST like us Christians, Catholics, etc...

And the list goes on...

OH yeah? Here in the US you can make fun of anything you want, right? That's freedom of speech. BUT, there is ONE religion you CANNOT MAKE FUN OF IN ANY WAY. Guess which one it is. Go ahead, make fun of it. Write a book about it. You will be thrown in jail. There are people rotting in jail in Canada and Europe already for questioning this "special" religion. Guess which one it is....

IDIOT.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by CaptChaos]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

IMPORTANT

OK, listen up and learn. Yes, non muslims do kill there families and other horrible stuff as well as muslims...but the difference is, muslims are told to do the killings BY their RELIGION! (Sura 5:32) Christians and others do wrong just like the rest of the world, but we are not told to kill our children or any type of killing because they leave the faith, like muslims are told!

Here are just a few suras that tell muslims to kill me. (Good luck by the way...I'm well defended. It will take more than a knife like the sick videos muslims make)

Compared to what Jesus Christ said: Matt 5:44 - But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (KJV)

"Prophet, make war on unbelievers and hypocrites, and deal rigorously
with them." - Sura 9:73

What the Bible says: John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

"Let not the unbelievers think they will ever get away. They have not
the power to do so. Muster against them all the men and cavalry at
your command, so that you may strike terror into the enemy of Allah
and your enemy... Prophet, (Muhammed) rouse the faithful to arms!
If they (the non-Muslims) incline to peace (accept Islam) make
peace with them." - Sura 8:59

"If they reject your judgement, know that it is Allah's wish to scourge
them for their sins." - Sura 5:49

Now, with the above statement in mind, read what Jesus did for you:

John 19:1 - Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.

Isa 53:5 - But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his STRIPES we are healed

Matt 27:26 - Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

"Believers (Muslims), take neither Jews nor Christians to be your
friends: they are friends with one another.
Whoever of you seeks their friendship shall become one of their number,
and God does not guide (those Jewish and Christian) wrong-doers." - Sura 5:51

Compared to the Holy Bible: Mark 2:16-17 - And when the scribes and a Pharisees saw Him eating with the tax collectors and sinners, they said to His disciples, How is it that He eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?
17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.

More..
The infidels are your sworn enemies Sura 4:101
Prophet, make war on the infidels Sura 66: 9
Never be a helper to the disbelievers Sura 28:86
Kill The disbelievers wherever we find them Sura 2:191
When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them Sura 9:5

and on, and on, and on.....

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Dallas1611]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
reply to post by sdcigarpig

You are also playing the blame game.

How about 9/11 where the people in the white house killed 3,000 people of their own countrymen so that they could make a quick buck?

How about Israel stagings false flags ALL over the world, so that they can play the "victim" card?

This is not a one sided thing, all sides are guilty, and at the current moment the U.S. is the GUILTIEST of them all because it is invading many countries under the pre-text of "war on terror" when in reality it's a bunch of Bankers making quick bucks.

Do you even believe in the U.S. anymore? I mean let's face it, what happened to the constitution? It got thrown out the window and now America is a Democracy which is NOT freedom.

America WAS a Constitutional Republic NOT a Democracy. This is a lie that is played on the American populace to get them to support MANY wars for PROFIT.

And who the heck are you working for? Many of these anti american posts are made by anti americans living overseas.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Man, I hate it when I see somebody post something that is just wrong and then feel Like I have to correct them. Oh well, here we go...

As far as catering to the Muslims, numerous schools are now making changes to their cafeteria food line-up in order to meet the requirements of Islamic dietary laws. They are also setting aside time during the school day for them to pray. I know you can find your own examples, but here are some...

www.csmonitor.com...

And these examples from Jon Quixote World (Copy-Paste, sorry):

(Taxpayer-funded) Amhurst, NH middle school students engage in borderline dhimmitude: 7th-graders host Islamist night in order “to encourage participants to reach out and learn from people around the world, and to promote curiosity and cultural understanding,” complete with misogyny, veiled (& separated) girls; nametags warn “death for drug trafficking”

(Taxpayer-funded) Minnesota community college to install Muslim prayer preparation rooms, but prohibits any display or reference to Christmas during holiday season; Update: Same college and others across U.S. planning to install (or have already installed) Muslim-only facilities .

(Taxpayer-funded) New Jersey school stages practice hostage drill – portrays killers as fundamentalist Christians to avoid offending Muslim students.

U.S. Circuit Court judge OK’s (taxpayer-funded) California school to force 7th-graders to pray to Allah, wear veils, memorize passages from the Koran, play “jihad games” (2003)

Controversy erupts in CA over Islamist (taxpayer-funded) grade school textbook that rewrites history, excoriates Jews, labels Muslims their “victims”; Same book yanked from Scottsdale, AZ schools for Islamist “indoctrination”

Ok, now that that is taken care of, lets look at some of that violence that is always claimed to be in self defense. I'm sure you know all about abrogation, where the later laws override the earlier ones? Isn't Sura 9 one of the last ones recorded?

9:11, 14, 38-39, 41

11. But if they repent, perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and give Zakât, then they are your brethren in religion. (In this way) We explain the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in detail for a people who know.

14. Fight against them so that Allâh will punish them by your hands and disgrace them and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of a believing people,

38. O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allâh (i.e. Jihâd) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter.[]

39. If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment and will replace you by another people, and you cannot harm Him at all, and Allâh is Able to do all things.

41. March forth, whether you are light (being healthy, young and wealthy) or heavy (being ill, old and poor), strive hard with your wealth and your lives in the Cause of Allâh. This is better for you, if you but knew.

And my personal favorite from among them...
9:29
29. Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah[] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
OH yeah? Here in the US you can make fun of anything you want, right? That's freedom of speech. BUT, there is ONE religion you CANNOT MAKE FUN OF IN ANY WAY. Guess which one it is. Go ahead, make fun of it. Write a book about it. You will be thrown in jail. There are people rotting in jail in Canada and Europe already for questioning this "special" religion. Guess which one it is....

IDIOT.

Who exactly are you calling an idiot? If it's me, you may wanna reread what I wrote and in what CONTEXT I wrote it before you call someone an idiot...cause you may look pretty foolish once you actually understand what I meant!

[edit on 1/22/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
I don't hate Islam, I don't really understand it, but you have to understand some things and why most Americans don't give a ---- about Islam.

1. America was founded on Christian beliefs, the majority of people since America was formed have been Christian, so when the people of Islam move to this country and then DEMAND their beliefs and ways superseed those of the majority and founders...your going to have problems.

2. We in America are definitly not perfect, and we have people who do some dumb, VERY dumb things, but when you read about fathers killing their kids because of boys, phones, hair, make-up, etc...it sets a bad tone...now yes we have people who do this stuff to, but not at the same rate as those of Islam.

3. Americans have never been face to face with such serious people before. I mean when someone is willing to strap bombs to themselves, their kids, their friends, etc...and blow the crap out of themselves and others...that alone will make any OTHER culture say..whoa...and second guess thier true intentions...

so thats my take on it....

WOW! I think your post and all your further posts on this thread vindicates what the OP has said! Georgia must be some place!

S+F for seattletruth! sadly I dont think many people on here are beyond being spoon fed by the mainstream media.......some dont seem to be beyond being spoon fed by their mothers!

[edit on 22-1-2010 by kingmonkey]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A teacher of mine once said "Do not judge Islam by the Muslims you know, and do not judge Muslims by what you know of Islam."

Ok, only 10% or so of Muslims are radical fundamentalists that want to slaughter anyone who does not believe in Muhammad and his book, but that's still a pretty large percentage.

There are plenty of honorable and good Muslim people out there, but Islam is evil and was brought forth from the Deceiver. A wicked being masquerading as an angel of light that tells his servants to lie and kill in his name and to fight against those who worship the true God (Jews and Christians). Sounds like the Devil to me...

My point...
Some Muslims are good, a few are bad, Islam is evil.

By the way, the whole "Christians killed so many... blah blah blah" reasoning doesn't really stack up.

Here are some quick facts…

The first Crusade began in 1095… 460 years after the first Christian city was overrun by Muslim armies, 457 years after Jerusalem was conquered by Muslim armies, 453 years after Egypt was taken by Muslim armies, 443 after Muslims first plundered Italy, 427 years after Muslim armies first laid siege to the Christian capital of Constantinople, 380 years after Spain was conquered by Muslim armies, 363 years after France was first attacked by Muslim armies, 249 years after Rome itself was sacked by a Muslim army, and only after centuries of church burnings, killings, enslavement and forced conversions of Christians.

By the time the Crusades finally began, Muslim armies had conquered two-thirds of the Christian world.

The greatest crime by "christians" during the crusades was the sacking of Jerusalem where they killed somewhere around 30,000 people. There were 855 known victims (the dead kind) of Islamic terrorism just last month. The crusades dont even compare to the slaughter Islam has brought to humanity.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Mykahel]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'll keep this short,

I agree with you completely. Since before 9/11, since I was a kid, there has been an alarming amount of Anti Arab/Muslim sentiment in America....you could say it's "Anti-Semitic", but that's over some people's heads.

The news media, and Hollywood always portray the Muslim and Arab people as dirty, underhanded, plotting, ruthless, murderous, and so on. "Terrorists" are pushed to the forefront of representation of Arab or Muslim people. Although a small percentage actually commit "terror", it is considered the norm.

The Millions of people America has killed is overlooked. We are "good guys", to ourselves mostly. Our crimes are not the same though. "They" are bad...we....good.

Since 9/11 this anomaly has increased tenfold. I thought that it would have died down, but there seems to be an 'event' that happens to ramp the Arab/ Muslim hatred right up again. Lately, the "Underwear Bomber" stoked that fire again. It doesn't seem to change.

9/11 was a lie....the greatest con job visited on us in the last part of the century....I feel. And the Bush administration did it's best to play on the prejudice of many in the U.S.

So here we are discussing this on ATS.

Well, here's the rub. ATS has been, how can I say, infiltrated...bombarded...overrun...by people who seem to be "Wingerish", or very apologetic to the "Murkin" way of doing things. Many cop, armed forces, veteran, authority admiring, right leaning sorts.

It seems to increase more and more each month. Baffles me personally why they chose to flock here, but it feels like they have run of the place now, and some sort of thread 'voting power'.

So yeah, anywho, like I said, I agree O.P.

BTW, this country was not meant to be a "Christian nation". The Founders were mainly Deists, not Theists...which "Christianity" is entirely based on. Theist ideas are ones of intervention of a Divine God, complete with rules, traditions, Dogma, consequence, light versus dark, and all that good stuff. Just wanted to throw that out.

Every time I hear the phrase "But this is Christian nation"...I chuckle. Firstly because it's not true...Secondly....because if it were true....it's so far from being evident.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ok, I admit you write a good "article" (is this on a blog somewhere?)

You seem well-versed in all-things-muslim, so, help me understand a 13 yr. old girl getting 90 lashes for ANY reason. Help me understand little girls having their genitals cut away for ANY reason. Help me understand it being legal for a family to turn their 9 year old daughter over to a 50 year old man to be his wife. Help me understand why a daughter/sister can be killed by her own family if she "disgraces" them. You say it's none of my business? Muslim countries have no qualms about calling the Western world evil. Yet any of the things I listed above would land a Westerner in prison. I'm not trying to be haughty, I'm just curious of your reply.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingmonkey
WOW! I think your post and all your further posts on this thread vindicates what the OP has said! Georgia must be some place!

S+F for seattletruth! sadly I dont think many people on here are beyond being spoon fed by the mainstream media.......some dont seem to be beyond being spoon fed by their mothers!

[edit on 22-1-2010 by kingmonkey]

some of you really amaze me. My post was made as an opinion as to why a MAJORITY of American dislike/don't trust Islam/Muslims, NOT a personal belief. Why is it you retards can't read and understand CONTEXT, is it really that hard, or do personal biases block common sense?????

Georgia is actually a pretty good state by the way...but considering I have only lived here just over two years I am not sure what your argument is, other than a very SAD attempt to take a jab at someone you don't agree with...i.e. PATHETIC...

As for being spoonfed by momma and media...hmmm, well since you DIDN'T bother to ask, because again its another failed attempt at lookin like you got the upper hand and all the knowledge..
...I think my 14 months in the Middle East, 6 months in Bosnia, and 9 months in Kosovo gave me FIRST HAND knowledge of some things. And also, way to NOT point out that I personally stated in my "apparently vindicating posts"
that I know there are good Muslims/Islamic people all over the world.....so you keep going on thinking my post somehow proves anything...when really it was nothing more than pointing out why Americans clash with Muslims/Islam...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I for one will never accept Islam. All the previous posts of what the Koran says is proof enough of what it is: a violent extremist religion. Defenders say that all Muslims are not like that which may be true, but in my opinion, if you are Muslim and you believe in the Koran then you are a radical extremist. You can't believe in just the half that teaches peace. You surely believe in it all. I don't just believe half of the Bible, I believe it all.
I agree with all the posts here that explain why America feels like we do. We will NEVER bow down to Islam and Islam will NEVER dominate America like they want to do! Islam wants to dominate the entire world, but I tell you right now, I will die fighting Islam in America. I have lived a half of a century in America and I'll be damned if you extremist will come over here and try to push your radical f--ked up religion on me and my family! And, if you don't like it, GET THE HELL OUT!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't know about all of them hating us. I lived in an almost predominantly arab neighbourhood when I was in college and they were very polite and respectful of my right to drink and smoke and all of that. I saw their kids playing road hockey despite their clothing. I can't speak for what happens in America but I have never found those that came ehre to be any different than any other Canadian. They may dress differently and have a different religion but that is all.

And for those claiming the Koran is evil take a closer look at the Old and New Testament. There are plenty of calls by god to murder women children and families for a wide array of silly things. The Bible is cherry picked just like the Koran. A holy book is a justification for what is already in a persons heart. People murder all over the world for all manner of reasons. This is not a soley religious principle. Empires did this based on the idea that they too were chosen by God. Politics finds rationalizations for every terrible action ever taken in history. It just happens to be that religions holy texts are ripe for the picking as most of them contain passages calling for death.

It is human nature: we are divisive and inheriently mistrustful of others and it is only fueled by media which will focus on the bad before the good.

How many believe all cops are bad? How often does the news show us the good cop risking his life? How often are we shown the bad cop tazering someone or using force? That colours your view of the whole

How often are you shown Muslims giving to charity or volunteering in a community? How often are you show a Muslim speaking out against the West?
There is no way anyone can possibly state with a hundred percent accuracy that ALL muslims are evil terrorists.

In my experience I have met more common criminals and see more murderers and arsonists and economic criminals being charge on a year to year basis then I see Muslims put away for terrorism.

My oppinion is this crusades style hysteria for the modern age and we as a species should no better by now.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Are you married? Do you like animals and walks in the park?

I think I'm in love

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am a Christian, and I agree blind racism and hatred is definitely wrong and it seems there are people promoting it with possibility of it being a gov. agency behind it, I don't know. The thing is in the Koran, if you read it, it is clear that Allah is not the one true God of the Bible. In the Koran it specifically states Christians and Jews, aka "people of the book" are the enemy as are all unbelievers and they must be converted or die. So in a sense Islam promotes hate toward these groups as it is in the Koran itself, there is no denying it.
Sorry but the truth is the truth, look it up yourself in the Koran.

One example from Koran:
“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as friends, they are but friends to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as friends, then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allâh guides not those people who are the wrong­doers.”

The true God of the Bible, the Jewish people and Christians are his people, he would not say this.

Link to more quotes from the Koran
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Surely if you accept everything in the Bible then you would see the blatant double standard in your views.

Heres a starter that cherry picks the bad like we do of the Koran.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel
A teacher of mine once said "Do not judge Islam by the Muslims you know, and do not judge Muslims by what you know of Islam."

Ok, only 10% or so of Muslims are radical fundamentalists that want to slaughter anyone who does not believe in Muhammad and his book, but that's still a pretty large percentage.

There are plenty of honorable and good Muslim people out there, but Islam is evil and was brought forth from the Deceiver. A wicked being masquerading as an angel of light that tells his servants to lie and kill in his name and to fight against those who worship the true God (Jews and Christians). Sounds like the Devil to me...

My point...
Some Muslims are good, a few are bad, Islam is evil.

Proof of my previous point.

10%? Got any figures to back that up? Studies by the Department of Defense perhaps? News sources?

"The Deceiver"? Ohhhhhhh, you mean Sky Fairies. This is a whole "my Religion like totally PWNS your religion" sorta deal?

"True God"...(Jews and Christians). LMAO Dude....I couldn't make this sh** up if I tried.

The funniest part of all this is.....you think it's real.

The sad part is....there are HUNDREDS of MILLIONS who believe the same thing...including Muslims.

Religion=Con Job

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join