It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the ignorant hate spewed about Islam because of American propaganda.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by seattletruth

You think you have a problem with Islam in America you should take a look at what that vile hate filled cult has done to Britain

link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
until I hear a good explanation I view them as war mongering women hating radical nut jobs who can not live well in civilized society just look at what is happening in Europe they just do not want to fit in it is their choice and they are making it.

You have just exposed yourself as the ignorant hate monger that you are. That is literally the definition of IGNORANCE. "Until you hear answers, you'll continue to believe that", huh? How bout you don't judge Islam until you actually read the ENTIRE Quran for yourself, and then judge their faith.

Muslims don't care about non-believers.

YES women have rights. Lots of them. There's a whole chapter in the Quran dedicated to womens' rights, it's called "Women", and gives them lots of rights, especially after divorce or having a child.

No, the religion is not "war based". Islam is a religion of peace. Read the Quran. It shuns the agressors in any war, and only advocates self defense.

And PS... They don't hate women either. More lies from your ignorant mouth.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by seattletruth]

Uh, just to be fair, can you highlight those "rights" given to women? I know whatever I pull up out of the koran is going to be wrong, because I can't read Arabic and therefore, I am automatically taking the koran out of context (seen that argument 50 too many times, so I'm just sparing you the effort) yet when a Muslim wishes to make the creamy strawberry taffy and unicorn portions of the koran Trumped up for us infidels, it's perfectly fine to quote a non-Arabic translation. It's all so very confusing.

In any case, are these the right's you speak of?

The following is quoted from USC Compendium: "The Koran"-

YUSUFALI: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
PICKTHAL: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.
SHAKIR: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry guy, any book that advocates beating a human being is NOT advocating their rights. This is incredibly barbaric.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This hatred has got to end!

The best solution is to continue issuing fatwas against the blasphemous infidels.

Heads are gonna roll!

Playing with swords puts the fun in fundamentalism.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
This hatred has got to end!

The best solution is to continue issuing fatwas against the blasphemous infidels.

Heads are gonna roll!

Playing with swords puts the fun in fundamentalism.

I prefer Patriot acts and Predator missiles.

Or the mass-cull of the Goyim as the Elite Establishment like to refer to it.

Keep up the hatred!

G'day!

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Everyone is misunderstood. Everyone is an individual, though. While stereotypes do have their place and will never be gotten rid of, we should not hate any individual for a group they fall under.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
for anybody who still doubts the muslim intention in the west read about the muslim brotherhoods "the project" and then tell me its not well underway here take a look yourself 97.74.65.51...
@jinni your sarcasm is on par with a high school kids give it up or at least get better at it, or is that what you think all the people of the west are like?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Enough.

Thread temporarily closed.

OP. please contact me by clicking on the link at the bottom of the post and working out how (or IF) you might get the thread back on track.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thread is now open. Please stay on topic.

Edit to add... previous moderator warnings still apply.

[edit on 22/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
i don't like Islam, and i don't think it's a religion of peace at all, but I do think it's wrong to hate them, and that the NWO wants to destroy Islam because it threatens their dream of a global order to have a force that powerful.

i'd take Islam over global tyranny!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
First of all I wanted to say that none of you has risen to my challenge. I asked you to bring me quotes from the Quran in context that say that all disbelievers must die, or war must be waged against all disbelievers.

Every single one of you that brought quotes from the Quran failed this, as you brought many verses, but you only brought one verse at a time.

I asked for you to bring the whole context.. as in.. The verses preceding it, or in some cases after it.

None of you will be able to do that, because you get your out of context quotes from the same talking-point anti-Islamic propaganda websites.

Read the verses preceding each and every one of the quotes that you posted, and you will find that the Quran only justifies war in terms of self defense. The "disbelievers" that "must be killed" are only in reference to the invaders.

The Quran clearly states that God does not love the agressors.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Go back and read the Koran suras I posted OP. Go and read 10 verses before and 10 after if you like. You will find the context does not change from what the verse is saying.

Posting whole pages of any book will do nothing but take up space and people will not even read them. Do you even believe what your saying about "self defense against invaders!!"

You do know the history of these Ishmael descendants right? If you did, you would know that the MUSLIMS are the INVADERS and that they are told to kill the JEWS and Christians in the countries they invade.

I now see you have no clue what your posting, and all this is just to gain you points on this website. What a shame, you should feel embarrassed. Study history, ANY history books and see what the muslims did and still do.

I am just thankful that one day, my signature verse will come to pass and all the religions and NWO will get what they deserve.

God wants a world government...so He can destroy them more easily when he returns in the second advent.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas1611

No, really I didn't think I'd get any stars or flags because it seems like most of the people on this website hate Muslims and are proud of that fact, and quick to bring their bunk justifications to the table.

I just wanted to defend Islam, because it offends me to me to hear all the lies that are said. I got sick of it, and wanted to stand up for Islam.

Please give me one specific example from your quotes out of the Quran, and I will be happy to debate the context, and show you that it only justifies self defense.

If you want to look at imperialistic histories you will find that most other religions have the same problem. All throughout history there have been people that distorted their religion and used it as an excuse to dehumanize others and have an excuse for conquest.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

There are a lot of people like me that dont hate muslims because we are told too

I just see the posters foaming at the mouth with hate, majority don't even

know why they hate, its just a mob mentality

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There is no lack of hate anywhere, unfortunately, but it would be great if we could agree to agree upon what to hate, in a word: evil.

Regardless of religion, people often do what they want and what they think is right. Much of our activity seems to fall into these two camps by indulgence, on the first one, and neccesity/beliefs/cultural rules/laws on the second one. So none of the good or evil of people who are Islamic are any different than those of people who are not.

Anyone who is a terrorist is evil, and no one country or religion has the market corned on that. We can all agree. Hint: Timothy McVeigh = American.

The first European settlements were, as we may all remember, mainly populated by people seeking religious freedom. It's the very fabric of our earliest baby clothes, as a nation. We've never gone on the record to change this, and if we did, we would be wrong, and we all know that. NO one wants mandated or forbidden religion. It's a person's choice.

Having said that, generalizations and stereotypes are wrong. They are wrong when other nations use them against Americans, because I am not a corporation corrupting their lands and underpaying their workers. I am not the government, and I would not qualify for an office if I did care to serve in that capacity. Many people wouldn't. Should we be terrorized here for what some of us did overseas? No.

Nor should anyone else.

I apologize, OP, for what you've dealt with. A town I lived in for a couple of years after 9/11 lost a wonderful and beloved pediatrician from Jordan, who moved back there because his two young boys were repeatedly threatened at school. None of them even looked Middle Eastern, and they were actually Jordanian Christians!

Furthermore, most suicide bombers are unemployed (because of terrorism) and depressed. They are suicidal anyway, and are manipulated into doing it to serve a "purpose." They are used by terrorist programmes, lured with food and a place to go, and discarded. Notice none of their superiors believe in the cause enough to publicly declare their belief in it and blow themselves up? There's a reason.

No one in America would want to be considered "Jim Jones"-like because he was American and did awful things. We should not treat anyone else that way either, if we have any sense of decency or fairness.

Finally, as a Christian nation, as Christian people, as decent Americans, we have, on all these foundations, a basis for altruism because we are blessed/fortunate, because we honor God and remember His understanding and mercy towards ourselves, and that He made all of us in love, and that diplomacy will go further than ranting and weakly-based prejudices. Most Americans who know Muslims are probably not the problem, since the ones I have known and worked with are well-liked, friendly, smart, hardworking, funny, intelligent, and everything else that is the sign of a healthy, well-balanced person. If one wants to judge by what one has really seen, one must admit that Muslims do not cause trouble in America as a group any more and quite less than some more homegrown groups who openly spew hate and anarchy.

Again, to the OP, allow me to offer you a human-to-human apology for the behavior of other humans that hurt and offended you, and judged you so unfairly.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join