It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email From Tim Kaine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Matt --

It goes without saying that we are disappointed by the result of the special election in Massachusetts.

There will be plenty of time to dissect this race and to apply the lessons learned from it in elections to come. But in the meantime, we will continue to work tirelessly on behalf of the American people, and we will redouble our efforts to lay out a clear choice for voters this November.

And while the path toward change has never been easy, there is always a way forward.

This Wednesday, the President will be delivering his first State of the Union address, where he will lay out that path -- and Democratic Party and Organizing for America supporters will be gathering together at State of the Union Watch Parties across the country.

Can you help out, by signing up to host one?

All you need is a place for folks to gather, a phone, and a TV to watch on. I'll be attending an event in St. Louis, and we'll help recruit supporters from your area to come to yours. Then we'll launch the next step in our work together.

These State of the Union Watch Parties are a great way for us all to play a role as we forge a path forward.

No experience is necessary to host a successful event -- once you sign up to host, a local organizer will be in touch about what to do next.

I know that folks are feeling down after Tuesday's loss. But our nation faces real challenges, and with your help President Obama will continue to tackle them head on.

Please sign up to host a State of the Union Watch Party, and help move us forward:

my.democrats.org...

Thanks,

Governor Tim Kaine
Chairman

P.S. -- I want to thank our state parties and our DNC and Organizing for America staff and volunteers all across the country who worked tirelessly on the Massachusetts campaign. Together, we generated more than 2 million calls to Massachusetts voters in the final week of the election.

My response is as follows...

Tim,

The problem in Massachusetts is the same as it is all over the country with the Democratic party. The complete disconnect from the constituency.

If the Democratic party does not connect with the people they are to govern, I predict huge losses this November.

Obama led the Democrats to victory with the promise of Change, if this party does not change and does not bring jobs to this country, they will loose to the Republicans this November.

If the Republicans get back into office, the only thing they will bring with them is higher taxes for the lower and middle class, more war, and more of the same things we as a nation voted them out for in the first place.

Health care reform was supposed to be a good thing for this country, but unfortunately for the people, it turned into a boon for the Insurance companies. This was no mistake on the Democrats part, they bowed to Insurance company lobby groups.

The Democratic party decided to bend to the will of corporate lobbyists, instead of listening to the people. If this does not change, the people will wholeheartedly reject the Democratic party for the Republican party and we all know where that will lead.

My advice Tim, reject lobby groups. Get all Democrats to reject corporate lobbyists and embrace the will of their constituency. While lobby groups give you a lot of money, it's a deal with the devil. They are going to expect you to return the favor.

Corporate lobby groups don't vote for Democrats, they only pay for them. They also pay for Republicans. It's the PEOPLE that elect you to government, if you fail to understand that, you will fail to get those votes. If you fail to get those votes, you won't get the money from the lobby groups.

Corporations do not have the right to vote. Corporations are not people. I don't think that Democrats or Republicans understand that. If pandering to the corporations is what you think is in the best interests of this country the Democratic party is as doomed as the Republicans were in 08.

Please, embrace change, embrace the ideals you sold this country on. Keep your promises to this nation. Americans hate liars, and right now that is what the Democratic party is looking like. A bunch of disconnected liars.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Excellent summary of thoughts

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I like this!

I mean, I might not agree with some issues that democrats have, but they did promise stuff. And I want to see it happen! Very good!!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It's the truth, we should hold these people to a better standard. They expect us to not care, they expect us to plan a party when the country is going to hell. I won't stand for this. Neither should the American voter.

new topics

top topics

join