It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
How do you use mutters? Everytime the window opens its say that mutter is offline. Is mutter offline, I see new messages?

Secure

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

Well according to the original thread everyone, as long as they're registered and logged on, should be able to use mutter.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However it seems that a post minimum has since been applied (not sure how many) and until it is reached you can only see mutter but not participate in it.

No mutter, just a few more posts and you should be good to join the conversation.

We do important stuff in there.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

Just returned from your profile I thought it could be post #'s not above 20 but I have never had issues with mutter, and for a new member to be in BTS complaining if I could star and flag you I would just for the topic!

Mods applaud this member....take it from my acount if need be, I like mutter too, and a new member thats in BTS and ATS and asks this on inlistment date I'm amazed...unless your a closet lurker...

try again I did notice you only had 22 posts and maybe it is a 20 post min... to mutter..

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I will try again tomorrow after a couple of posts. As for the lurker comment I am not that new I used to go to this website in 2004-2005. If someone at PD hadnt pointed it out to me again I probably wouldn't be back(getting worked to death the past few years).

Secure

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
We do important stuff in there.

~
~
~
~

Ahem. Yes, where was I?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ok - help an old amphibian out here.

What's a "Mutter"?

If I decided I wanted to "Mutter" - where and would I go about it?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Just log on to BTS and the mutterbox (live chat kinda thingie) is on the right side of the recent posts and any BTS thread page.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

It appears to be a chat box that appears sometimes on belowtopsecret.com.

Secure

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Do you have any idea about the post requirement for mutters?

Secure

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
dizziedame faints.

gets back up and says:

Frogs you've been a member a long time.Much respect to you for hanging in here that long.

But I feel I have to tell you I am concerned for you. Apparently you have not paid much attention to BTS during your membership.

You may just be a very serious type of person and not enjoy frivolity and I am wrong.

I will admit I am mostly an ATS person and spend the majority of my online time on serious subjects.

Sometimes I do feel the need to unwind and go over to BTS. The atmosphere soothes my nerves and gets me back in mental shape to go back to ATS discussions.

SD is right....there really are some important discussions on the other side of this community.

Be Happy.

Spelling edit due to just getting out of hospital after surgery 6 hours ago. Not really myself just yet. lol

[edit on 21-1-2010 by dizziedame]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Be Happy.

Spelling edit due to just getting out of hospital after surgery 6 hours ago. Not really myself just yet. lol

[edit on 21-1-2010 by dizziedame]

Good advice.

Are you okay, was it a minor surgery?

Secure

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
After looking around I didn't notice anything about a posting limit for mutters, nor am I able to access it today either.

Secure

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have a dog named mutters, does that help?

My cat is named mitters, anything?

I call my mittens "mitties", no?

"I will come up with somehting that will help, just give me a moment or 2", he mutters as he walks slowly away.

"Now, what the hell is a "mutters" and what did I do with mine?"

Dorian Soran

The muttering doctor

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
"Now, what the hell is a "mutters" and what did I do with mine?"

Dorian Soran

The muttering doctor

It appears to be a chat box that appears sometimes on belowtopsecret.com. but mine isnt working for some reason.

Secure

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I still have not been able to access mutters. Has anyone else had this problem?
Does it have to do with a posting limit?

Secure

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ahhh - I figured it out.

It all depends on if you are posting from a red state or a blue state.

See, some don't want you to mutter because your muttering may infringe upon the rights of other, less fortunate mutterers.

Some don't want you to mutter because they think they should mutter for you. They know how to mutter best and what could you mutter that hasn't already been muttered anyway?

And, still, others wish you not to mutter as it may cause too much "mutterance" to build up in the "mutter-oh-zone" and we have our childrens mutters to think about. There shall be no "global muttering" on their watch.

If you are posting from outside of the contigious United States then I don't have a clue as how to help you.

OK, as you can tell I really don't have a clue as how to bring about "real mutter change" for you my friend.

I really didn't mean to make light of your situation but I wanted to make light of it - so I guess that really wasn't an apology was it.

Dorian Soran

The not-so-much-on-the-mutter doctor

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
Ahhh - I figured it out.

It all depends on if you are posting from a red state or a blue state.

If you are posting from outside of the contigious United States then I don't have a clue as how to help you.

I really didn't mean to make light of your situation but I wanted to make light of it - so I guess that really wasn't an apology was it.

Dorian Soran

The not-so-much-on-the-mutter doctor

I am posting from VA. Does anyone have a screenshot showing how their mutter screen shows up?

Secure

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
No screen shot to help you out but maybe my mom could help you out with what it looks like.

See, one time when I was quite young, my mother caught me muttering in the bathroom - very traumatic for all involved.

She went running and screaming out of the bathroom telling me if I muttered I would go blind.

My father chased me with a leather belt around the house saying he was going to tan the hide of anyone who dared mutter in his bathroom.

It was several years before I could mutter again. I may need counseling.

Dorian Soran

new topics

top topics

join