It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Daughter Wants to join ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
ayyep might go with this one

or

Gotta love the action trannys

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hell, im 14...there are well repsected members about my and your daughters age. Young minds need encouragement to be great later in life.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
PS: I encourage you.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Lys. "I mean there are complete idiots on this site that are in the "adult" age range."

Had to logoff and give my kid the comp., now I know why my ears were ringing.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Really this site is probably a great outlet for creativity and frustrations that people experience during their teenage years. Ask me. Im 16 going on 17 in 2 months. This site is probably the only thing that really makes my cable connection worth it. Now I would warn you to make sure that she focused on her schooling as well because I have fallen off the wagon many a time replying to some thing in WOT and not working on a term paper.

ATS has no age limit. We can all make something of ourselves here.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Agent47]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I agree with most people here. there should be no problem with a 16-17 year old joining. As many have said before me, I wish ATS was around when I was 16. It would have made much difference.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gvret
I agree with most people here. there should be no problem with a 16-17 year old joining. As many have said before me, I wish ATS was around when I was 16. It would have made much difference.

I agree, I was Rebublican back then, arghhh. If I was able to view the world differently, through this medium and being on ATS, I would not have had to go through all I went through to form the ideology I have. 16 is a perfect age, kids nowadays are so aware. I was thinking of exposing my 15 year old nephew to ATS but I guess I have the same reservations, is he ready? I enjoyed reading this thread.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hey,

Im 16 my birthday is a few days before my Registered date...

Its very good way of learning stuff i wouldnt learn from tv but yes, alot of the stuff here is "hushhush"

My grammer/spelling makes me look like im 10 but thats becouse of a spelling disablitie that i have.

I started using a mic with speach software on my longer-more thoughet out posts but I broke my mic a few weeks ago

Just makesure she knows that "normal" people wont even consider 89% of the stuff posted here....

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think ATSNN or TA.com would be a perfect place for a budding reporter. I also think ATS in general would nurture a varied view of peoples opinions for her to gauge the concerns of said people all over the world.

My only concern would be the horrible addiction which ATS can become. Homework first! I'm sure you've got that covered...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Many prominent ATS members are under age..so why not. Just make sure she doesn't see things that you might not want her to see..(maybe like a .50 caliber rifle in action
)

-wD

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
My 15 year old reads in certain forums here, but is smart enough to keep his mouth shut...doesn't want to be called the names old Dad is for speaking his mind I guess...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
i extrememly excourage her to join. i am 15 and ATS made a world of difference for me. i remember the days pre-ATS, i was ignorant and think self centered. now with the things i learn in ATS made my teacher think of me as "wise"

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Dude, I'm 14... I joined ATS a few days after I turned 14. Trust me, she can join.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Now my 8 year old I might let loose on the forum, with adult supervision, he is one heck of a smart cookie. He would get into the UFO thing I bet...lol

He used to talk to God on a rock out in the woods. No kidding. Thats what he told me anyways.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Howdy Gazz. Liek everyone said here before she should be fine. But if anyone offeres her candy tell her to just say NO! lol specially that tricky KTPR

Ive been here for a long time lurking when i was younger and reading the main ats site. Im now 17 (18 in 2 months w00t) and ats has shaped the way i view the world. As long as she is skeptical and aware of the world she should do fine.

Does she need to be adopted lol just jk

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd say let her join. I'm 15 and this site has taught me a lot. I now have more street smarts than book smarts but hey, street smart is better. Also, this site keeps me out of trouble...sometimes

top topics

<< 1   >>

join