It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Justices Sell The Nation to Corps

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

What will any of that accomplish? We're just peasants to these people and we have no money or power to entice or convince them. I honestly think it's time to start offing politicians and put the fear of god back into them. There's a reason we have a second amendment. We need to start using it before they take that away too.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Originally posted by koolerthanjesus
I think most of us can agree this is a bad decision. But shouldn't we be looking to where to go from here? Any ideas out there? All this vitriol is counter productive. Isn't it? Or do we just vent rage and go on with business as usual.

Agreed. The only two places to go are:

1) Limiting the influence of corporations and unions through constitutional means that do not suppress freedom of speech.

2) A constitutional amendment.

I'm with you on this initiative Johnny.

Who disagrees? and why?

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

What will any of that accomplish? We're just peasants to these people and we have no money or power to entice or convince them. I honestly think it's time to start offing politicians and put the fear of god back into them. There's a reason we have a second amendment. We need to start using it before they take that away too.

We are not peasants. We are a free people who have been attacked.
We have to fight back according to the ideals we live by.

To resort to violence would only give reason to screw us even further.

The game is not over, it's only the 1st quarter.

We need to regroup as one, and go for the goal.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
Conservatives should be happy with this ruling. We are the group in the country that does not believe the constitution is a living document.

The Constitution was made to be a living document, damnit. Stop this crap about how the Republicans and conservatives have it so hard in the country, that they're so oppressed and persecuted- BOTH of them are doing it! Really, I'm tired of hearing about these famous Republicans in high places from various parts complaining about how hard it is for them and how everyone persecutes them.

What about us, damnit?! They're both #ting on us, the only reason the Reps are getting a bad rap is because for the last few years they held all the power, did nothing for you and I while throwing more support to their kiss-asses. They lose the election, they satrt this persecution crap again, crying about taxes and saying they support you and I, then pull this, showing they learned NOTHING. You can say that Washington has liberal corporations, yeah, well come to VA, where it's far-right everywhere.

It's this extremisim, this #ing gang-mentality for partisans that has doomed us to be living in a Star Wars-styled Corporate Sector.

Hey, that's it, the UN is the Galactic Empire, the US is the Corporate Sector. No rights, just privileges for all those not on the corporate board.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I'm sorry my friend, I respect your opinion but I think we're way past that. They control the government, they control the economy, they control out money, they control virtually every aspect of our lives. This game has been going on for decades now and we are completely without power or voice. If you look through history, change from within doesn't come peacefully. We have an openly corrupt and broken system that only benefits the haves. The only way we're going to return to our prominence as a great nation is to demolish this corrupt system and erase those who built and protect it.

I also believe we should off a few politicians every few years just on principal. One of my favorite stories of all time was about a corrupt mayor in a small Mexican town. This man was wholly corrupt and evil who took the towns people's money and sold them out to American businesses who wanted their land and resources. One day while walking out of his offices, the man was gunned down in violent fashion by the people. There since hasn't been much corruption in that towns politics.

Also Americans are retarded (look at some of the responses in this thread) Americans are too fat, lazy, and stupid to do anything until the stakes are going to be raised. Americans have done their best to be in denial and avoid any sort of responsibility through the last decade. If you took down a few politicians and maybe a few choice people in the media, I think it would be the slap in the face a lot of Americans need to get off their ass.

At this point I don't care if a civil war happens in the country. I'm almost in favor of it because I think this country would invariably be better afterwards if we just fought it out.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

I also think there has to be some way to level the playing field to allow, for lack of a better term, third party/alternative candidates. I know some people find third parties to be anathema but America should always be about choice. The big 2 have done a wonderful job of having a monopoly on the election process. I don't just want two names when I go into the booth. There a re solutions to these problems. We can't just acquiesce and admit defeat. We have to use our noodles.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I

C - I'm sorry my friend, I respect your opinion but I think we're way past that. They control the government, they control the economy, they control out money, they control virtually every aspect of our lives. This game has been going on for decades now and we are completely without power or voice. If you look through history, change from within doesn't come peacefully. We have an openly corrupt and broken system that only benefits the haves. The only way we're going to return to our prominence as a great nation is to demolish this corrupt system and erase those who built and protect it.

Z - History disagrees with your statements, but you are entitled to believe as you want to.

C - I also believe we should off a few politicians every few years just on principal. One of my favorite stories of all time was about a corrupt mayor in a small Mexican town. This man was wholly corrupt and evil who took the towns people's money and sold them out to American businesses who wanted their land and resources. One day while walking out of his offices, the man was gunned down in violent fashion by the people. There since hasn't been much corruption in that towns politics.

Z - This paragraph is probably illegal. You can't off Politicians, this is a ridiculous statement. We live in the USA.

C - Also Americans are retarded (look at some of the responses in this thread) Americans are too fat, lazy, and stupid to do anything until the stakes are going to be raised. Americans have done their best to be in denial and avoid any sort of responsibility through the last decade. If you took down a few politicians and maybe a few choice people in the media, I think it would be the slap in the face a lot of Americans need to get off their ass.

Z - Some are. Right now you are not exactly beaming with brilliance yourself.

C - At this point I don't care if a civil war happens in the country. I'm almost in favor of it because I think this country would invariably be better afterwards if we just fought it out.

Z - You should care if you consider yourself a Patriotic American. Violence is not always the solution, it should be the exception to the rule, not the norm.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

...So you have no concept of American history, the creation and philosophy behind the bill of rights and specifically the 2nd, or the principals set in place by our founding fathers.

Well have fun knocking on politician doors holding a petition, that should get you real far in the modern world.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This ruling shouldn't surprise anyone. Time to wake up and realize that the most important power a US president has is the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice because they have lifetime tenor and cannot be impeached under most circumstances. What did you all expect ???

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

...So you have no concept of American history, the creation and philosophy behind the bill of rights and specifically the 2nd, or the principals set in place by our founding fathers.

Well have fun knocking on politician doors holding a petition, that should get you real far in the modern world.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by CuriousSkeptic]

If you say so, but while we are discussing stupidity, and how important words are we should try to not use the wrong words, or nebulous statements.

What 2nd ? the amendment? The right to bear arms?

or,

the 2nd bill of Rights? Roosevelts Economic proposal?

Big difference.

And the founding fathers had nothing to do with appointing school Principals, they were Principals who worked with principles.

Seems it is "your" comprehension of American History that needs brushing up on.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
But who will be the one world leader someone would need to lead the the entire world

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Only three rules are needed:'
1) Only a person can donate money to a campaign (not a union or a corporation or a trust - only a living, breathing person with their intellect intact)
2) Every dollar received by a campaign has to be accounted for in terms of how much was given and who gave it
3) There should be no limits on how much a person can give

That's all we need for campaign finance reform...nothing else.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Leave it to Conservative Justices to protect free speech and defend the Constitution!

Bravo Conservative Justices!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Leave it to Conservative Justices to protect free speech and defend the Constitution!

Bravo Conservative Justices!

Hi Carseller,

We finally agree on something.
You get a star. But wait a second.

You are being sarcastic right?

Ziggy Strange

[edit on 22-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I hope you guys all realize this entire thing was done because a group of ameteur film makers where forbidden to air a documentary on hillary clinton because it felt too much like an ad campaign.

I guess freedom of speech doesn't matter to you guys?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffkingman
I hope you guys all realize this entire thing was done because a group of ameteur film makers where forbidden to air a documentary on hillary clinton because it felt too much like an ad campaign.

I guess freedom of speech doesn't matter to you guys?

Freedom of speech matters a whole lot.

However you don't sell the Nation's future under any guise.

The fact remains the rules changed for everything in the worst way.

Did you not read what the problem is, or are you just posting because you are bored?

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I know the problem, I know it sucks, but you can't start taking rights away just because some people can abuse it.

It really was a no-lose solution for the supreme court.

Either they rule against the film makers, and the whole thing turns into a big stink about them restricting our rights, or we go into where we're at now.

It's not the end of the word. Really.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've read this entire thread ( what can I say, I have no life right now ) I respect many of you in this thread (Ziggy and Doc and few others) but to me, this this entire debate is like watching a burning barn and trying to decide if it's the blue flame or orange flame the is consuming the barn.

Just a small clue for ya'll...............................
....................................THE BARN IS ON FIRE!!!

several of you have stated you are "staunch" Constitutionalists, how funny that THIS is your Biggest gripe, Not the FBI circumventing the constitution.

Nope that doesn't make your "team" look good or bad, so not important

Not the amount of lies that start two wars, ( who cares who dies )

Nope the IMPORTANT thing is which team "wins" at ALL our expense

Really? comon folks get real

we live by the "golden rule" who ever has the most gold, Rules!!!

BTW when a corporation can make living babies then I will consider it a "person"

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffkingman
I know the problem, I know it sucks, but you can't start taking rights away just because some people can abuse it.

It really was a no-lose solution for the supreme court.

Either they rule against the film makers, and the whole thing turns into a big stink about them restricting our rights, or we go into where we're at now.

It's not the end of the word. Really.

Jeff,

You are saying that it's ok because it offers relief to something politically driven, and specifically designed to pervert elections, to make a ruling that changes the American system by giving foreign powers the ability to buy the vote with unlimited funds?

That is the most insane, and moronic defense I have heard yet.

Sorry friend but you are just refusing to see what it was that happened.

The world did not end, just the citizens ability to pick their representatives.

Completely absurd.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

I hear you and you are right.

By the way, your Avatar is quite disarming.

I think the reason people are wagging appendages is that some teams are still saying the barn is not burning, and that we just got a better barn.

Check the libertarian thread.

Until we all understand we have been screwed, we have to keep on convincing the volunteer fire brigade that it's a fire, not a party.

The other issues you mentioned are dead on, we need to take it all on.

But taking names, and remembering them, is essential for it not to happen again.

Republicans in DC are rejoicing in this new found freedom of speech.

I'm for going after solutions, as a group.

Hopefully, we will all cone to some understanding of what happened, and what it fully means to us.

But as long as some groups are excusing this, they have to be rebutted by their respective counterparts.

With all due respects to you, and your Avatar.

Ziggy Strange

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join