It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona slammed with worst storm in state history

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That is so true. You would think people had rabies the way they react to water when driving here,lol

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
That is so true. You would think people had rabies the way they react to water when driving here,lol

lol! too funny!

Yeah, I was supposed to meet some friends out tonight for happy hour, but I decided to not go. Not because I can't drive in the rain, but because nobody else here can!

You know, on a positive note....I bet after this storm, the skiing in Flagstaff/Snowbowl will be amazing.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by nikiano]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My concern with all the additional rain fall will be the possibility for an EQ event to happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It's because someone from Buffalo (me) moved here.

While it does seem pretty bad out there... this old-hand at Buffalo winters scoffs at this wind and rain in January (though it does look impressive up in Flagstaff).

No flooding by us, but I've heard of lots of road closings in Phoenix.

Hmm..interesting choice. Bet second choice was CO. Everyone who is someone is moving to either, or. I'm staying put, I want no part of the new deal.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i'm up here in flagstaff az (7500 ft), and it is pretty intense. feet of snow. then the rains came late afternoon and the weather turned windy and relatively balmy. the streets turned into a soupy slushy mess... which is all about to run downhill into oak creek canyon. as someone posted earlier, they are evacuating parts of sedona as oak creek swells.

it turned back to snow at about 10pm. they call for more feet.

as my buddy said, this is not a storm, it is a phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
When this is over I am planning a trip to payson when the roads are good. My nine year old has never seen the snow.

Looks like the tornado was a false report they are saying in the news.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Not everyone hates the Snow

This guy right here loves it...

And it makes for nice pictures...

But those were taken prior to This Storm...

Right now?

It Looks like this...

Lights flickering, Internet off and on wind really heavy in gusts... They are saying 2 more days and I have 15 foot pile shoveled outside my door...

I Love it

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Thats absolutely beautiful

Too bad we dont get snow here

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I am with you here, but lets just normalize this a bit before jumping to big conclusions.

I am no spring puppy, and I can tell you, as well as other older folks in this venue, that every year we see extremes in some place in the world or the other.

When I was a kid in Boston, and you can ask others who lived here 50 or more years ago, the winter was like no other I have ever seen. It is not because I was a kid, it was because it WAS severe. My dad had to dig a tunnel to get to the next door neighbors house. No bullcrap here, and I have never seen anything like that since.

This world if full of extremes, and they happen all the time. It just matter where you happen to be at the time and place when extremes happen.

Just look at all of the catastrophies that happen somewhere in the world every year, and imagine that you live there. you may start to think that this is the start of a trend, however it is really so localized, that you become blind-sided because you have never seen such stuff before.

This is a dynamic planet. Be glad you are not in Haiti today, or last year in China, or before that in Japan... Snow, Extreme Drought, Heat, Rain, Flood....the list goes on.

Start to get worried if the snow sticks around some spring and does not fully melt before the next winter.

Chill out :^\

(edited for spelling, where found)

[edit on 21-1-2010 by charlyv]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Yes, of course you're correct. You must understand that getting rain and storms like this in Arizona in January is like suddenly a dry county gets booze in every store one day. It's crazy stuff and we go nuts over it.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks, pretty pics aside it is pretty dangerous outside. No one should drive.

Pretty Happy the power is on atm, just hope it stays that way for the night.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Road conditions set aside, I wish we had that weather at the moment. Sick of the 40 degree celisus (104 F) plus temperatures here in the Australian desert we get almst daily

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have lived in the San Diego area for twenty years and this was without a doubt the worst wind I have ever seen here. I was convinced a funnel passed over my house. The whole house was shaking (at first I thought it was an earthquake) and then I thought the windows were going to blow in.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by OuttaHere]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I firmly believe that this is directly connected to the M Class Flares from Sunspot 1041 which has been affecting us since it began on the 17th, it has shown more action than we have seen in the past two years.

More to come tomorrow. Does this relate to the strange weather anomalies, the 900+ earth quakes in Yellowstone ? I think so.

Does it have anything to do with the meteorite which crashed into the Dr.s office in Virgina this evening? maybe.

Did the warning a friend of mine recieved a few days ago from his source at an AFB in Arizona have to do with it? Who knows.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I actually prefer it up here over Phx in part due to the fact that we get this weather, I need seasons or I get off rhythm...

Internets been down since last post but other than that nothing tragic going on here I know of at the moment.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
well we are flooded in, and my daughter has a temp of 102 I can not get down, and no way out to get her to a doc. More rain coming. I am worried.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well keep her hydrated as you know, that is most important. Call your DR and let him/her know whats going on and it will give you the support to know everything will be ok.

We are here for you.

Please keep us informed of the condition and the weather, looks like more storms headed your way but nothing you cant handle.

Be sure and have your candles at ready and plenty of water drawn up in case you loose power.

Everything is going to be alright.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Arizona made a redneck voodoo pact with the devil in 1872 and god is punishing the state for it. Ok, I am just kidding. don't kick me off of this site.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Your getting bad weather through irregular weather patterns due to weather manipulation from corparate millitary interests, do I hear one up for "CHEMTRAILS" sorry for the sarcasim. But here in the UK (England) we have had unusual weather patterns for almost 3 years and every winter tends to get shorter in the seasons. For example 3 years ago we had winter when it was supposed to be spring from March til May 2007 then in 2008 we had winter from november til end of Feb then in 2009 we had winter from Feb til April and again in December at its worst very much like April's snowfall and let alone we are here in 2010 January and we had been hit this time from severe flooding across the country over 25 county's. I find it very unusual we had the snow and its still the same temperature to snow but it rains heavy and gets very misty even though mist only should occur when there's warm air...i think but its been below 0 C in most places and no higher than 3-5 C in the day. Plus i also remember how we had clear skies from the 20th december and then i saw plenty of these well-known chemtrails being sprayed for approx of 10 days and every single person from every local town were either getting sick, bad coughs, nausea, mainly coughs and tempermantle spells of hot and cold temperature drops in there body's. I got the chemtrail cough for over 2 weeks but refused to take the swine flu vaccine and my mother took the tamiflu and got very sick. Whereas i had eaten healthy with lots of greens, veg and fruit and drank plenty of fresh juices and water and i still forght the virus-whatever it was and got better within those 14 days whereas my mother was sick for over 6 weeks taking medication, cough medicine, tamiflu, paracetamol. And i didnttake any medicine i just did it out of pure curiousity if its possible to survive an illness as such with out the medication. It was a scary experience as there were a few times i thought i was going to be a gonna. But im fine now. I believe there's more to these chemtrails then meets the eye as everytime they spray with have very strange weather and very dangerous storms. People suddenly get sick then they say oh people should take the tamiflu vaccine because its the swine flu when its not. So bad weather = lower the immune system and taking the wrong type of medicine's = lower the immune system even more. Ive witnessed it and its not nice seeing that happen to loved ones but if its true about world depopulation then god helps us! You don't have to look to far to notice rapid changes around the world suchas unusual earthquakes more estunami's, more people getting sick and more poverty. You tell me what is REALLY going on???

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wonder what the chances are of this being man made or not.

Either way, stay safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join