It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona slammed with worst storm in state history

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Arizona slammed with worst storm in state history

www.azcentral.com

A huge winter storm slammed into Arizona Thursday, flooding highways and forcing some evacuations, stranding travelers at the Phoenix airport, and prompting Gov. Jan Brewer to declare a state of emergency for the entire state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.myfoxphoenix.com

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Growing up in arizona my whole life I can assure you that we have never seen a storm like this. We never have thunderstorms in the winter and yet the last three days the storms have been filled with thunder, lightening, and even tornado watches (which NEVER happens here).

We are now under a weather emergency. The airport has canceled some 120+ flights, huge sections of our freeway are closed, and mass flooding is making driving conditions horrible all over the state.

There is a tornado watch in effect until 10PM az time, with winds getting up as high as 75MPH. They are expecting sever flooding and power outages in the saburban areas as well as the downtown areas.

Please keep the residents of arizona in your thoughts. NAU has closed the campus until further notice, and a lot of grade schools (and a few high schools) have shut down as well until next monday.

I will keep everyone up to date with any more information I come across or any more personal insight I discover. Once again - if you live in the state of arizona they are recommending you to stay inside and not drive or go out for anything...if at all possible.

If anybody else from california or arizona would like to share your experiences, please do. This is the storm that just got done slamming southern california. As I type this, the small valley sidewalk behind my house, which is about 20 ft deep, is now halfway flooded. I've never seen it above 5 ft...

www.azcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Im with ya...I live near South Mountain. Supposedly Yuma Arizona gets only 3 inches of rain a year. They got 3 inches TODAY alone.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Update from Channel 3 News.... 5 semi trucks overturned on Interstate 8 from Yuma to San Diego due to excessive wind conditions.

Also low lying areas in Sedona Arizona asking people to evacuate.

Somone tell Henry Kissinger to stop playing with the HAARP technology.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by solarstorm]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well I live in the tempe/scottsdale area and from what i've experienced it's not the worst ever. But supposedly up in the high country it's getting bad and i've heard reports of snow or bad wind in the tucson area. It's been raining awhile and flooding will always be a problem with our hard ground. I'll keep ya posted if anything changes in this area of the woods.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I live out near Apache Junction. It has rained for three days now, but today was the worst. Still not too bad. Folks here do not know what to do when it rains outside of the monsoon season. They are shocked.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
just talked to my mom, she is still in phoenix, i recently moved to slc. she said the storm from 08/08 was far worse than what she is seing right now. that could be due to where she is located though.... the storm i mentioned from 08/08 was intense, im a huge fan of bad weather and really enjoyed that one. oh how i will miss the monsoons

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hello.... I live in the west valley, 83rd ave. the wind was bad awhile ago and it's been rainig all day, but this is not the worst I've seen here. I'm a native and alittle older than most of you, born in Globe Az. when there was gun fights in the middle of main street after the two bars closed.
Sorry off topic.
I don't think it is to bad yet, no power loss in my area yet. The wind is making my turbin fans on the roof spin really fast and make a lot of noise.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't know if this "pole shift" theory is correct,or if we're seeing the "birth pangs" the Bible mentions that are associated with the End Times.

Anyway,this is a very interesting site. While I don't endorse everything it has to say,it is the kind of site that appeals to Conspiracy Theorists. Lots to look at!

From 2012poleshift.wetpaint.com...

2012 Pole Shift, Earth Changes, Freak Weather, Early Warning Signs, Indicators:

Expect the unexpected, increasingly, as the pole shift approaches.

Watch for an increase in:

Sudden large rogue waves in new places

Sudden Hurricanes in unusual places
Sudden tornadoes out of season
Extremes in drought, heavy rains, out of season snows, flooding, severe storms
Mysterious Booms, methane flashes, odd underground whomping sounds
Disrupted cell phone, television and radio signals
Unusual animal behavior, disrupted species migration patterns
Unusual increases in violent behavior in human beings
Increasingly severe earthquakes
Rising Sea Levels

(See also the ten year chart from NASA)
Storm surge on coastlines with no storm apparent
Increases in Freak Storms, Out of Season Weather

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hey!

I'm up here in Prescott Valley @ 6000 ft. The snow has been off and on based on the temperature. We are expecting 10 inches. Not overly rare for up here but the wind is brutal.

Gusting to 50mph and I've even seen lighting up near Jericho while the snow is falling. Pretty wild indeed!

Becker

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Currently on post at Ft. Huachuca, southern Arizona for Army training. Today, rather tonite we were issued weapons.
I stood outside in the freezing rain for a couple of hours, soaking and cold. Of course Uncle Sam doesn't care when it comes down to the weather.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ok, An old friend of mine lives out past Tonapha at 481 ave. He said that all the washes are over flowing and he can't get out even with his 4x4.
He and his wife wanted to go and get pizza at Tonapha Joes but was stopped at the first wash and the coyotes are every where, I guess their borrows are flooded.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
I don't know if this "pole shift" theory is correct,or if we're seeing the "birth pangs" the Bible mentions that are associated with the End Times.

Anyway,this is a very interesting site. While I don't endorse everything it has to say,it is the kind of site that appeals to Conspiracy Theorists. Lots to look at!

From 2012poleshift.wetpaint.com...

2012 Pole Shift, Earth Changes, Freak Weather, Early Warning Signs, Indicators:

Expect the unexpected, increasingly, as the pole shift approaches.

Watch for an increase in:

Sudden large rogue waves in new places

Sudden Hurricanes in unusual places
Sudden tornadoes out of season
Extremes in drought, heavy rains, out of season snows, flooding, severe storms
Mysterious Booms, methane flashes, odd underground whomping sounds
Disrupted cell phone, television and radio signals
Unusual animal behavior, disrupted species migration patterns
Unusual increases in violent behavior in human beings
Increasingly severe earthquakes
Rising Sea Levels

(See also the ten year chart from NASA)
Storm surge on coastlines with no storm apparent
Increases in Freak Storms, Out of Season Weather

Does John McCain and his wife still live there? If so thank her for the vicious storm. God is not mocked.

Sen. McCain's Wife Poses for NOH8 Gay Marriage Campaign

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

All that time in Tempe and i didnt know you lived in A J.
I just spoke to my mother in Ahwatukee and she says its terrible!!!
See i'd be at Wal-Mart right now looking for bargains LOL That was my second home....
I miss AZ some of my best friends in the world are there!!!

Keep your chin up and be careful!!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've lived in AZ off and on since 1972 and I've seen worse. Few people believe this but I saw a tornado in AZ south of I 10 between Tucson and Benson once in 1976. The winds are really bad in Southern Arizona right now and I'm afraid a window is going to blow out and thinking of running some tape across them.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by ChrisCrikey]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Near Warner & Cooper in Gilbert here. Backyard is mostly underwater and the wind is crazy strong. Since we only had 3 something inches of rain last year, we can use it for sure. Having lived here since the '60's, I'll agree that it's definitely not the worst I've seen either. (That would probably be the time we were hit by a microburst!)

Oddly enough, a dust storm warning was also issued. Where the heck is there any place dry to make dust? Weird.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

I don't have a clue what this question has to do with my post about Pole Shifts and weather!

"Does John McCain and his wife still live there? If so thank her for the vicious storm. God is not mocked."

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
McCain? HAARP. an angry God? Please, dont go overboard. Its rainning and its needed. Big deal.
I know rain there is the end of the world, but seriously.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TurnItOver

How do you live in Tempe and Scottsdale at once?
Thats quite a hike.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join