It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very odd slide show from ABC news, the Norway Spiral and 15 pics of Jesus, Mary & random faces!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
G'day!

I'm not too sure what to make of this ATS, but it struck me as odd so I thought I'd bring it to the attention of your good selves anyway!

Unusual Sightings

It's a slide show containing 16 pictures, obviously titled "Unusual Sightings", the first image is of the Norway Spiral. (I forgot how damn cool it really is, you HAVE to check it out!)

Anyway what follows is truly bizarre, 15 pictures of faces in pancakes, tree stumps and the like, all supposedly Jesus, the Virgin Mary or just faces!

What the hell does the Norway Spiral have to do with these images??

Are they trying to say the Norway Spiral is as mundane and unimportant as these other trivial occurrences.

So this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12a845decdff.png[/atsimg]

Is comparable to this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30ccb33b483b.png[/atsimg]

And this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b2083c66d48.png[/atsimg]

And another 13 like it.

Talk about making a mole hill out of a mountain!

Any thoughts??

All the best, Kiwifoot!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
We'll the slideshow is titled Unusual Sightings and they are both in that catagory so i'd say they were ok to relating the two. We see what we want to see.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boston1023
We'll the slideshow is titled Unusual Sightings and they are both in that catagory so i'd say they were ok to relating the two. We see what we want to see.

I think you're missing the point here, yes they are both unusual sightings (vastly differing levels of 'unusual' though IMO).

But ONE unusual atmospheric sighting compared to a 15 chance pictures of Jesus!! You don't see a problem there?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
yeah it is a slight oddball but even in their post they state that the scientists say it is exhaust from a russian rocket and the russians claiming no such test. So if they were trying to make it mundane then they shot their chances down with the caption. and don't forget they even had wacko jacko in the slide show.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't think seeing a resemblance to what we think Jesus might look like on a pancake and the sky opening up in a vortex with a blue spiral are quite comparable!That's like saying seeing a dog sit up on his hind legs and seeing a dog fly an f16 are equal after all they're both dog tricks.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
well apparently the guy who made the slideshow did. Making something out of nothing, but this is a conspiracy site so it's a given :-p

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I don't think seeing a resemblance to what we think Jesus might look like on a pancake and the sky opening up in a vortex with a blue spiral are quite comparable!That's like saying seeing a dog sit up on his hind legs and seeing a dog fly an f16 are equal after all they're both dog tricks.

THANKYOU! I thought it was just me lol!

It's just striking that it is that ONE image and the others, surely they could have rustled up a few ghost images, the Moscow Cloud/UFO pic, and others, know what I mean?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
its a media ploy to discredit it as pure make believe iffy farce bs. i think a better slideshow for the norway spiral should have the russian and romanian ufo clouds and other things like that..

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
its a media ploy to discredit it as pure make believe iffy farce bs. i think a better slideshow for the norway spiral should have the russian and romanian ufo clouds and other things like that..

I agree, but is it so obvious that it can't be, that's why I put it in 'Disinfo', it doesn't make much sense!

All the best Kiwifoot!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Regardless of what anyone thinks about the origin of the spiral,those awaiting the "Maitreya" are claiming this is a sign.

These are just "false signs and wonders" to herald his coming announcement for global unity(aka NWO!)

If you've paid any attention to the recent threads on this,they are coming closer to this by the day. This being on the news is just more propaganda.
It's connecting-the-dots for the gullible who will believe the Maitreya is "the Christ".

Ignore it!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
Regardless of what anyone thinks about the origin of the spiral,those awaiting the "Maitreya" are claiming this is a sign.

These are just "false signs and wonders" to herald his coming announcement for global unity(aka NWO!)

If you've paid any attention to the recent threads on this,they are coming closer to this by the day. This being on the news is just more propaganda.
It's connecting-the-dots for the gullible who will believe the Maitreya is "the Christ".

Ignore it!

Interesting take, so you're saying they're trying to connect the Spiral WITH Jesus and Mary.

I hadn't considered that, I just felt they were attempting to trivialise the Spiral, but your theory seems plausible too.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I know (LOTS OF) people who are so selfish ("I'm the best and I make so much money" "You don't know what I've been through!") and obsessed (whether they know it or not) with pop culture that they would look at said slide show and go "Yes these are unusual. OH, American Idol is on weee!" I am not joking about this. They would never think twice about it. But their brains have already stored this information. And why would anyone want anybody to store this information sub-consciously? Hmm....

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Oh ABC....*Sigh* It appears that it is MSM attempt to trivialize things such as the Norway Spiral which captivated a global audience of curious people... it is almost as if ABC is suggesting that people who "see Jesus" in ordinary objects are somehow similar to people who definitely saw a perfect spiral in the skies above Norway... Demeaning to say the least.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

From
www.contenderministries.org...

(By the way,Christian sites are pretty good at rooting out deceptions,because we have been told to be "on guard" so as to not be deceived!)

Some of these signs and wonders detailed on the internet and in the Share International magazine, border on the ridiculous. Others should be a sign to believers that the time of the lawless one is drawing near. Indeed we should be looking up. Some of the more ridiculous claims to miraculous signs consist of cross impressions showing up on windows, patterns in the seeds of vegetables or fruits, or bleeding statues. When asked, the representatives of Maitreya are all too eager to say, “yes this is the energy of Maitreya you are witnessing”. In fact they will take credit for just about anything they are asked about, including UFO’s and aliens. Some of the more dramatic signs and wonders include Maitreya appearing miraculously to a group of thousands in Kenya and other orthodox religious groups throughout the world, where he is reported to create pools of healing water that draw millions of people. Just as the Bible prophesies, followers of Maitreya predict that these signs will increase as the day draws closer for Maitreya to announce himself to the world.

They also predict that “as soon as possible, Maitreya will demonstrate his true identity”1 on what they call the “Day of Declaration”. Apparently, in response to a growing demand from the public, Maitreya will be invited to speak to the entire world via the linked television satellite networks. You can bet he won’t be the only one we’ll hear making these claims. It’s unlikely Maitreya is waiting around to become the fulfillment of the prophesied Antichrist, but only time will tell. Perhaps he’s the false prophet in the making, or will work to bring about the one-world religion of the end times. One thing is for certain, what he speaks is in the spirit of antichrist and he is a danger to the souls of those he deceives."...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I just think that someone at the ABC are saying these are just examples of Pareidolia or Apophenia.

"Pareidolia (pronounced /pærɪˈdoʊliə/) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- ("beside", "with", or "alongside"—meaning, in this context, something faulty or wrong (as in paraphasia, disordered speech)) and eidolon ("image"; the diminutive of eidos ("image", "form", "shape")). Pareidolia is a type of apophenia." Wiki

"Apophenia is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data. The term was coined in 1958 by Klaus Conrad, who defined it as the "unmotivated seeing of connections" accompanied by a "specific experience of an abnormal meaningfulness"." Wiki

The human brain is an extremely efficient pattern recognition system and sometimes sees meanings in random data sets.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

Ignore it!

I'm with On The Edge here, it's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this, it would seem they're trying to liken the spiral to a religious symbol else there might be cases like the Phoenix Lights or other non blatantly religious "sightings"

I can see how it could be an attempt to trivialize the spiral, as all the others in the gallery are the types of things most people scoff at and walk away from, but it goes both ways there. This can be used to both denounce and venerate the Norway spiral.

Or perhaps they're simply trying to convince us that's what they're doing. Someone want's us to believe the spiral has something to do with a messiah, that much is obvious.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MetalCoffeeL
I know (LOTS OF) people who are so selfish ("I'm the best and I make so much money" "You don't know what I've been through!") and obsessed (whether they know it or not) with pop culture that they would look at said slide show and go "Yes these are unusual. OH, American Idol is on weee!" I am not joking about this. They would never think twice about it. But their brains have already stored this information. And why would anyone want anybody to store this information sub-consciously? Hmm....

Wow Bravo! I was just sitting here with a girl that acts just like that!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrno1

Originally posted by MetalCoffeeL

Wow Bravo! I was just sitting here with a girl that acts just like that!!!

I was just thinking about my post in this thread today at work. I remembered an instance just after Micheal Jackson died. When I sat at my desk in the morning one of these people looked up from their work and asked me "Did you hear about Micheal Jackson?" I said yes. (obviously) And then they asked me "What did you think?"

I didn't know how to respond. I really didn't. I hadn't bothered to form an opinion about his death the day before because I was umm probably reading or something!?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

edit on 30-6-2011 by caronwilliams because: (no reason given)

top topics

join