It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia diversifies into Canadian dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Russia diversifies into Canadian dollars

www.ft.com

Russia’s central bank announced on Wednesday that it had started buying Canadian dollars and securities in a bid to diversify its foreign exchange reserves.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
We are in such a better condition as a nation one year after Obama has taken charge of our future! (I am of course being sarcastic) Our economy is failing, no matter what he does it isnt working, even today Obama announced his intention to go after banks, sending the markets falling...doesn't this man get the message? Finally, I want to send a big THANK YOU to Russia! (Again being very sarcastic) Thank you to a nation that was flooded with US dollars when their soviet system failed. Now these wonderful and thankful people are leaving us here in the dust to buy Canadian dollars...like that is going to be any more secure than US dollars. This of course is an attempt to further the demise of the US economy and our currency...something so many countries these days are doing, eventhough they in the years past have begged for US aid in times of crisis. It makes me truly ill to think that all of our effort as a nation to help the third world rebuild over the decades is being repayed with anger and vengance...thank you to Obama for appologizing to the world for America this past year...its done us a world of good!

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well actually...

The Canadian economy didn't tank as bad as the US economy did in 2008... Our national banks were able to keep most things under control.

We still did have our share of problems, however our economy isn't anywhere near as bad as the US is right now.

I'm not surprised Russia is buying Canadian dollars. The US dollar has been sinking, and buying the EURO would go against their political stance.

What's left?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

When the other countries look at America and ask for help, its akin to going to the obnoxious bully for help. The person will help you but they will think now your in my debt and I can do what I want or say what I want to you. Then you can rub our nose in it everytime by how we had to come to the US or bully for help etc. etc.. We don't respect other countries and that's what makes these countries mad. Do you actually think that Britain likes being made the "little sister" of the US when they not so long ago was an empire. They need us because they only have so much, but at the same time they hate us. What many of these countries see what is happening to us is a way for them to get some form of revenge for our behavior to them. They want to humble us, to make us feel what's it like to live like a third world nation and/or live in severe austerity for a number of decades.

All empires come down to earth eventually (the Romans, French, British Spanish etc. etc.), they over extend their power and don't have the money to pay for it (sound familiar). We may be going down the well trodden path that all empires go down. The rest of the world knows that the dollar is going to implode, and they are hedging their bets and moving into position to protect their assets and country from the massive calamity that will come.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Russia wants Canada's Oil as well what better way to get it that to buy it's dollars. And that the US dollar is tanking like a rock on cheese bread.

So to say.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Russia is eyeing our north as well as the u.s for shipping lanes. This is pure speculation but I wonder if there is a deal in their somewhere about that. I am prob way off the mark but I enjoy some speculation every now and again lol.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

wow, bully? Really? I love it when I hear from someone who's global travel usually is spent at an all inclusive resort and their global perspective is based upon the news reports that focus on groups that hate America because they hate the west...Ive traveled quite extensively and I have found a deep respect for America from people around the world. We aren't looked at as bullys at all. This is a myth that so many who claim to be world savy seem to be sucked into because they simply arent world savy. The truth of the matter is that there has never been a more giving nation like the United States....period. Dollar for dollar we have given more through the decades for the betterment of man than any other nation in history...this move by Russia is nothing short of a master plan to help destroy the US economy and is based on a deep seeded jealousy over our past prosperity. We never make nations repay their debts to us...europe after WW2 is a beautiful example...while at the same time we take technology, talent (docters etc.) and other "treasure" and rebuild infrastructure and systems...the US operations in Haiti..yet over and over again we get creamed in the "court of public opinion" by those who are either "self hating" americans, or eurotrash who wish to see our demise.

new topics

top topics

join