It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As of today, the United States is now Fascist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Analysis: Winners, losers in Supreme Court ruling

WASHINGTON – Big business and free speech won. Campaign finance reform lost. Political parties and many candidates, too. And for voters, there's both an upside and a downside. The Supreme Court's monumental decision upending decades of campaign finance law has a slew of winners and losers. It frees corporations, and by extension unions, to spend as much as they want to call for the victory or defeat of federal political candidates — by name — in commercials and literature. As long as there's no coordination with the candidates or campaigns.

news.yahoo.com...

I know that there are a few threads on this. Some people don't seem to understand what this means...so I'll explain it to you.

You have just lost your country's sovereignty and your Democracy is now gone. Now INTERNATIONAL Corporations can fund unlimited amounts of money to basically BLACKMAIL politicians. They can flood television networks with either negative or positive ads...destroying anyone who opposes them with slander. It will now be nearly impossible for an honest man to win a seat. In fact, we are now in danger of losing the few good ones we have left.

Without a doubt, we will now only have one party...a party that caters to corporations. The average person no longer has representation.

CONSERVATIVES should be OUTRAGED.
LIBERALS should be OUTRAGED.
ALL OF YOU SHOULD BE OUTRAGED.

If you think our political system is corrupted now....you haven't seen anything yet.

We all need to DEMAND that this is overturned or revised. Corporations are not a human being. They are an artificial creation made by human beings. This is a massive threat to individual freedom and democracy.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Mr. Glen Beck. If you so care about our country and our Constitution as you so claim...then you will be absolutely outraged at the corruption this brings to our political system. All his talk about CHAIRMAN MAO and yet he ignores the fact that a corporation from China now can has MASSIVE INFLUENCE ON OUR ELECTIONS and can corrupt our politicians.

SHould you choose to ignore it...or support it as Sean Hannity and Mitch McConnell....then you will expose yourself AS A FRAUD.

All the talk of Fascism that Glen Beck speaks of all the time yet he ignores this.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

You need to divorce the legality of the McCain/Feingold legislation from the ramifications of it being overturned by the Supreme Court. There is a tremendous difference.

You have to be willing to accept the constitutionality of a law and be thankful that the court is willing to rule based on the constitution. Now, more creative measures need to be crafted to accomplish the same thing that does not limit free speach. That the court over turned this does not mean the horror show you describe.

The last thing we need is a supreme court making decisions based on what the think the outcome of what that decision will likely mean.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

To be fair, this did just happen.

Oops, its 4 pm, I will see if he mentions anything.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's a shame that a bill has to become law before it can be declared unconstitutional.

McCain/Feingold was a blight on the Constitution and it was about time it was corrected.

Don't like who a company donates to? Don't buy their freaking product! Don't buy their stock! Leave Free Speech and the Free Market alone!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Don't like who a company donates to? Don't buy their freaking product! Don't buy their stock! Leave Free Speech and the Free Market alone!

Oh...excuse me...I guess you'd love for Chinese communist to infiltrate millions of dollars to blackmail politicians.

Go free market and free speech. You have no idea what this ruling really means.

In protecting the first amendment...it is destroying OUR SOVEREIGNTY AS A NATION....therefore crapping all over our Constitution.

A corporation is not an individual...a corporation is not a human being...therefore a corporation does not have free speech...only an individual WITHIN a corporation or business does.

Human beings have free speech.....LEGAL ONES in this country...not corporations who have sent all of our jobs overseas while our ECONOMY FALLS APART!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Okay, Beck is using ATS for his shows. SOB, is going over what can be purchased with the 1.9 Trillion raise in the debt ceiling.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks ATS, you are putting together Becks shows.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Lol...HMMMMM

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure how it is fascist. seems like unchecked capitalism to me.

of course I could be wrong and the brown shirts could be at your home tonight OP to take you away never to be heard from again

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
I'm not quite sure how it is fascist. seems like unchecked capitalism to me.

of course I could be wrong and the brown shirts could be at your home tonight OP to take you away never to be heard from again

------------------------------------
Yes. Capitalism won today.
Free speech won today.
-------------------------------
It also looks like the Iron Fist of Nancy Pelosi/ Harry Reid is
beginning to rust.
Like i said. The democrats will run for the hills if Scott Brown
wins the Senate seat in Massachusetts. He won!
Senator Scott Brown had a meeting with John McCain today
in Washington D.C.!
I wonder if he drove his pickup truck down there?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I agree that the constitution must be upheld, even if we don't like the results.

However the monster controlling government a few hundred years ago was the Church of England. This power prompted our founders to declare a separation of church and state so we could freely worship.

Todays' church is the corporation. We need to declare a separation of corporation and state, so we can own the fruits of own labors. Your time belongs to the corporation, as does your retirement savings, as does your income tax.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Dbriefed]

top topics

join