It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions & Pop-Culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I find that a helpful way to predict the future (or at least to get a general vibe as to what's going to happen) is to analyze current pop-culture. I think that art reflects life and sometimes is a harbinger of it. Pop-culture elements before 911, like the oft-cited hip-hop album w/the towers exploding, the Spiderman poster w/the towers, the film "The Two Towers,", tons more...can be subtle or not-so-subtle precursors to coming events. If you see the same motif or symbols or storyline being played again & again, it is usually significant. The whole "DaVinci Code" phenomenon & a resurgence in interest in the Holy Grail, the Templars, and Illuminati-type organizations comes to mind--what sort of events are we anticipating that we would be so interested in those topics now?

I also think that Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 is going to have an unbelievably huge impact on the election & the summer. It is a key event, whether it gets released in the US or not.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I totally agree. A bet bush is so mad at blair right nor for faerighnheit 911. I get odd feelings about things...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yup, does seem to be a subtle influence. I was talking somewhat about this on the 911 threat, and gave my opinion on what happens, The album cover was a great example. I think its a mass conciousness thing, artists and such use thier imaginations for art, and part of that is a sub concious thing,....heres the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Half way down is why I think they pick up on it.

Still trying to understand the whole prediction thing, but my mind has worked out why to me, it works anyways. No one can really say, but that was an IMO.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Maybe you are superconcious of your environment so you may put pieces of a puzzle togather. Just a theory for a specific case of this odd prediciment.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Could be a lot of things, I just suspect its something, in the end, none of us know, but its fun to try to figure out.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Does anyone want to join me in figuring it out? It would be cool. Anyways, send me a u2u if you want to.

new topics

top topics

join