It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More jobs lost dims recovery hopes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Recent employment figures are being put together for release on Feb 5th.

However, what has been seen so far does not look good.

Rise in jobless claims signals bump in recovery

A surprising jump in first-time claims for unemployment aid sent a painful reminder Thursday that jobs remain scarce six months into the economic recovery.

The surge in last week's claims deflated hopes among some analysts that the economy would produce a net gain in jobs in January and help fuel the recovery

Obviously things aren't going as well as they had hoped. I think news like this is one of the main reasons we are seeing such a back-lash at Washington now. I think the saying is as true now as it was in Bill Clinton's campaign - "It's the economy, stupid."

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Hi Frogs,

I also think that the high unemployment rate is forcing a lot of people to snap out of their slumber and wake up to the reality of what is really going on with this criminal government...

Almost everything we see in the news now is just exposing the NWO more and more.....

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

The surge in last week's claims deflated hopes among some analysts that the economy would produce a net gain in jobs in January and help fuel the recovery

I hate when they Have a recovery , and don't tell anyone.

This is still more of the same , we haven't seen bottom yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Originally posted by Frogs

I hate when they Have a recovery , and don't tell anyone.

This is still more of the same , we haven't seen bottom yet.

Now that first line made me LOL for real.

Agreed we haven't seen the bottom yet. I too feel another bubble is set to pop. I've seen good arguments put forth that commercial real estate or China may be next. Either way, I agree it probably isn't over.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The 'green shoots' aren't sprouting like the Obama administration had hoped. I hope that they don't dump more FERTILIZER on us.

new topics

top topics

join