It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile: An Alleged Non-Human Pic?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
mrq

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Chile: An Alleged Non-Human Caught On Film

I saw this today on Rense. (I know, I know...).

Linky

All I can see is the basic shape of someone or thing strolling along (which is kinda funny...a little alien or chupacabra..just strollin' along..heheheh. Ahem.)
It's blurry (of course), so there's not enough to it to make me think it's anything unearthly. But I was curious as to what others thought about it.
Perhaps Photoshop it, look for signs of pastage, etc.

Be well.
-mrq

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That is strange, but the fact that it is blurry makes it suspect in my mind.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It wouldn;t make any difference if the picture actually was real. people would shout Fake either way
. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Not to mention, this was rense.com!

mrq

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
It wouldn;t make any difference if the picture actually was real. people would shout Fake either way
. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

Well.... We need a certain amount of skepticism, all of us, I think. Ya gotta be objective and honest. Can't go around believing every piece of dust on a lens is an alien falling out of his saucer just because it might be interesting to think that.
I see what you're saying, though. There are hardcore skeptics, and hardcore believers. What's important is what you think.

I think it would make a difference if the picture was real. If it was truly, undoubtedly legit, not everyone would shout fake. I'm not saying a real picture of a (insert creature) would make any difference to someone bent on not believing in such things - but I think it might make a difference to others who saw it and thought, "Hmmm".

I don't think the whatever-that-is in this picture is real, but I'm not an expert. That's just my opinion.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by mrq]

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by mrq]

dz

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
..why is it none of those two guys on horseback see this thing?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hey DZ
My theory to why the men on horseback dont see it, i see that they may be moving away from it and not seeing it for it is not in their line of sight

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's hard to say it is real............

saying fake is easy, but I honestly do not see any obvious photoshop work.
and the fact that it is linked to rense doesnt mean it is fake.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I wish I had a deeper education in photography, I have not a CLUE what to say about this picture.............amazing IF real...

My son says he KNOWS what this is though,
and he says somebody plucked a turkey and stuck a doll head on it and let it run around the park for laughs.
I dont really buy into my sons 'theory' but I thought it was interesting enough to post, since I have no theory of my own. Please keep in mind my son is only 11 years old, and we have seen a couple of plucked turkeys.

Cool find anyway!

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
looks like a deformed squirrel standing on its hind legs. Maybe its a new species... maybe not.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Kinda cute looking thing ain't it? At least they had sketches to go along with the pic.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
hmm i cant tell, Iv seen LOTS of UFO pics and you can see where they edited them most of the time

Im no photoshopper though Rense.com is somewhat known to have fake storys eta, but who knows, Truth hids in plain sight

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Story did not originate from Rense though. Sure all those who want to debunk something will look for oddities. Personally, I think it is an amazing picture, not sure what to think of it quiite yet. Hopefully it is something unique to our planet.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
There's a much bigger picture in the original link...

www.elcajon.cl...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It doesn't appear to be Photoshopped. (I had to know how to use Photoshop for my college work-study job.)

WHAT it does appear to be is an 18 inch baby doll that has had it's hair removed. Looking at the shape of the limbs and how the thing is standing, it looks a doll.

If I remember correctly, I also believe you can produce the streaky look with Photoshop or another photo editing software package.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Its too blurry to be of any use. I can't tell anything from that image. It could even be a long legged bird caught in a weird pose for all the visual information presented.

If it was real and nobody saw it, it reminds me of the Cumberland Spaceman photo, which I do think is real. Nobody saw that big space-suited character standing there either.

However, this image is far less useful than the Cumberland Spaceman pic.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

ok....I am TRYING to put up an image mrq sent me via u2u.....he sent me a note saying how funny the turkey wearing a doll head struck him so he shopped up a hilarious pic......he did NOT want to post it for it might waste some time, but I think we all LOVE a good laugh

I cant get the image UP as you can tell......come on mrq........show the nice people the Alien Poultry picture....pretty PLEASE???

I havent laughed THIS hard in a while, and I am sure I wouldnt be alone there.....put it up mrq?.......I am begging you on my knees PLEASE? Let the brainy people have a laugh.......

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I think its quite an intriguing picture actually.

Sadly its hard to imagine beings that small becoming some sort of Universal top dog.

There are ceretain criteria needed to evolve, one of them being physical strength.

This creature, even if dressed
, would not follow the philosophy of "survival of the fittest".

Question anything that visits you naked in your bedroom at night, except of vourse for J Lo.

mrq

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
ok....I am TRYING to put up an image mrq sent me via u2u.....he sent me a note saying how funny the turkey wearing a doll head struck him so he shopped up a hilarious pic......he did NOT want to post it for it might waste some time, but I think we all LOVE a good laugh

I cant get the image UP as you can tell......come on mrq........show the nice people the Alien Poultry picture....pretty PLEASE???

I havent laughed THIS hard in a while, and I am sure I wouldnt be alone there.....put it up mrq?.......I am begging you on my knees PLEASE? Let the brainy people have a laugh.......

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

Heh heh. Okeedoke.

Apparently I forgot that RiverGoddess's son mentioned the turkey as having been plucked...but it's quarter to six in the morning, and I doubt my foreman would consider last minute Photoshoppin' reason enough to be late.

Be well

-mrq

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by mrq]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Very interesting picture, and it doesn't look faked.

The only reason it might be found suspect (and this isn't me, mind, but someone else would probably say it) is the seeming deliberateness of the object's positioning vis a vis depth... right there, from that point of view, between two identically sized objects; a photoanalyst might say that the 'obviousness' of the depth clues are indicative of falsification.

Did that make sense? It's 6:00, and I haven't been to bed yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join