It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Shadow Elite" Gets Main Stream News Attention! Will it wake up the Unconcious Americans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
'Shadow Elite': Do You Know Whose Agenda You're Being Sold?

Janine R. Wedel
Author, "Shadow Elite"
Posted: January 21, 2010 06:31 AM
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Take, for instance, former Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff, who has taken to the airwaves virtually nonstop since Christmas day. Pushing for full body scanners as a cure-all for lax airport security, he revealed only belatedly that he also represents the only company to have initially qualified for the government contract to manufacture the full-body scanners. Before this came out, how would we have known if we were being directed to a certain viewpoint? The public had no way to sort this out because the public didn't know there was something to sort out. And even after the revelation, the public will likely remember Chertoff's warnings more than any caveat.

Or Ambassador Peter Galbraith. He engaged in insider self-dealing while supposedly serving an altruistic agenda for the Kurdish people. Galbraith, a longtime champion of Kurdish autonomy, has worn many hats vis-a-vis Iraqi Kurdistan in the last decade. He advised Bush's Deputy Secretary of Defense on Kurdistan and helped draft the Iraqi constitution. Presenting himself as a disinterested expert, he published opinion pieces in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and other outlets staunchly advocating Kurdish independence and the right of the Kurds to control oil resources in their region. At the same time, we now know, he acquired the potential to make up to $100 million in business dealings involving these same oil reserves. Even associates in Galbraith's non-business Iraq activities said they were unaware of his business goals. As one former Iraqi diplomat and legal advisor put it: "The idea that a foreign oil company was in the room drafting the Iraqi Constitution has me reeling....It casts a tremendous pall on the legitimacy of the process."

I have never seen a story about the Shadow Elite in any main stream news outlet before today. This gives the subject credence, confirmation, and credibility. How will the people still asleep view this conspiracy that we "awakers" have been trying to yell about for a long time? Will shining a light on this shadow elite finally start MSM talking? At least some will see the light, and begin their own journey on a quest for the truth.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i dont see how this gives the story credibility when the MS themselves arent credible... not saying it isnt true, this kinda thing is rampant everywhere, did you read the red cross haiti conspiracy someone came up with, most of those people have avested interested in seeing that haiti gets back on thier feet cause they will make millions... nothing new here..

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nothing new to you or me. This will be something VERY new to some people who have never been exposed to this situation. Huffington post running a piece like this will touch a few more lives, and the movement will grow.

It gives the subject credibility by MSM covering a topic that is usually on nutty conspiracy boards.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I guess it's a step in the right direction but the Huffington Post really isn't considered MSM. It's a private 'news meets blog' style website.

I have seen things about the 'shadow elite' from true MSM agencies, though. However, it's typically downplayed on the side of 'This is all grand and A.O.K but the conspiracy theorists will love it.'

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

(News) The idea that a foreign oil company was in the room drafting the Iraqi Constitution has me reeling....It casts a tremendous pall on the legitimacy of the process."

Wow even that surprises me

Disgusting. Simply Disgusting.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Perhaps they're starting to get it into their thick skulls that if they start telling people the truth, the ratings will go through the roof, and the advertisers will be beating a path to their front door for a chance at 30 seconds of airtime on their show...

...but I doubt it. :/

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
A little offtopic, but Chertoff's as a last name is funny to me. Chert in russian is one of the names for the devil, CHYORT = would be the right pronunciation. Chyortov or chertov would literally mean "of the devil", but in eveyday language a phrase like "chertov politik", for example, would mean "damn politician". Simple explanation as there are lots more overtones that I cannot easily relay in english, as I am not a linguist.
There are many times when people's names are very ironically related to their character.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Take, for instance, former Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff, who has taken to the airwaves virtually nonstop since Christmas day. Pushing for full body scanners as a cure-all for lax airport security, he revealed only belatedly that he also represents the only company to have initially qualified for the government contract to manufacture the full-body scanners. Before this came out, how would we have known if we were being directed to a certain viewpoint? The public had no way to sort this out because the public didn't know there was something to sort out. And even after the revelation, the public will likely remember Chertoff's warnings more than any caveat.

I found out after the fact of starting a thread about Rapiscan Systems that Chertoff was involved with them. Rapiscan Systems is a OSI Systems company. OSI has some weird ties....www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join