It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we winning the war?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zepar

Ive heard a lot of people joking about getting a visit from agent smith, but ive never read any actuall accounts of visits.

They will be watching though. Forums are rediculousley easy to hack. Most hackers start out hitting forums. So for the Gov. no problem!

Then again if you got a knock at the door and they told you to stop. Would you? or would you come on and tell everyone.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

Of course I woluld come on here. Even with the threat of death lolz

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

If we were winning there would be change. Calling this a war is too broad, I would call this an invisible occupation. It is hard to fight a war when most of your comrads don't even know they are on the battlefield.

This is their invisible war.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Yeah ive already discussed something similar with a previouse poster. I should,nt have called it a war i agree.

Something must be happening, some kind of change, if the Government is considering taking action. Maybe more and more people are starting to believe us rather then accepting there crap.

Im confident that as more and more people look to the web for answers and at younger and younger ages. The conspiracy movement will grow with it. This may just push the balance in our favoure.

I dont think conspiracy theorists will get such a bad press in a couple of generations or so. Maybe thats whats got them rattled. So there taking pre-emptive measures. If they've got nothing to hide then they've got nothing to worry about. Its not as though we make stuff up and hope people will jump on board. A lot of evidence is shared to back up claims.

So lets just say for now that we've got them rattled.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be fantastic if in the years to come the followers did grow and the government crumbled from the pressure and finally debunked the conspiracies that have driven us all this time.

One can only hope...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zepar

Yeah it would. Thats the only way they could ever shut the movement down. The only problem is. In destroying the evidence that they're lying. There also destroying the evidence that there telling the truth.

If they now came out and said look. O.K you were right, this is what happened, and they could'nt show us evidence to back it up. Then we'd be inclined to think that they were just selling us a lie. Made up to cover the real truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

All the claims on ATS about conspiracies and the like never, ever have substantiating evidence. It's filled with either:

1. People making stuff up, getting the wrong end of the stick, or generally being confused or ignorant
2. Rational minds who cry foul when people in group 1 start spewing on the site.

ATS has never broken the news of any actual conspiracy. It's not exactly high journalism. Most of the folks on this board think 11:11 are magic numbers, that 2012 will be a bad year, that Indigo kids exist, that aliens live in Nevada, that HAARP is trying to fry their brains, or that the US has an army of genetically-modified supersoldiers.

ATS is all talk and no trousers. It's as threatening to the government of the US as my dog.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

I understand where your coming from. The reason that ATS has never broken a story is because the things that could be classified as evidence. Are usualy spread out over many different threads and many different subjects. They get lost amonst petty arguments and Ego trip, rants.

It is you the reader who has to bring it all together and make up your mind. Yes it is mixed in with all the really out there stuff. Most conspiracies would never get off the ground without something that points towards deception. A lot of theories have no evidential basis at all. I just steer clear of those. The question still remains though. Why threaten action against something thats does'nt matter?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

That's not 'breaking' a story, but 'plastering ATS with so much information some of it could be used to break a story'.

Even then I don't agree with you - I've not seen any damning information at all on ATS, and I've not heard anyone ever mention it. If ATS had done that at some point - actually helped in uncovering a conspiracy - it would be big news.

But it hasn't, which seems to make the explanation that ATS contains a vast number of kooks who don't know what evidence is far more likely.

I'd argue that people running around making claims about things without any evidence is very harmful indeed. Teaching people to not value critical thought is disgusting. It's tolerated on ATS because without it, ATS would be full of threads marked 'HOAX', and empty, not serving nearly as many adverts.

Conspiracy theories are dangerous because they're usually all nonsense. I've yet to see one 'outed' on ATS that had any merit at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

I think you've got it in to your head that the people who made this site are reading every last post waiting for someone to crack a case.

You dont come accross as the sort of person who would even accept anything as proof. If this site is so crap then why are you on here.

Saying something is rubbish is easy. Trying to prove its not is harder than you think. I bet you just read a post, comment on it and then off on your next argument forgeting all you've even read.

You've got to pick your way hrough all the crap, to find those little nuggets of gold. Try it and you may just supprize your self.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join