It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US flight diverted after tefillin mistaken as bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

US flight diverted after tefillin mistaken as bomb

www.ynetnews.com

Authorities say a misunderstanding about a Jewish prayer ritual led to the diversion of a US Airways flight to Philadelphia.

City police Lt. Frank Vanore says a 17-year-old boy on the plane was using tefillin, a set of small black boxes attached to leather straps and containing biblical passages. One box is strapped to the arm; the other box is placed on the head.

Vanore says the crew on US Airways Flight 3079 questioned the teen, who explained the ritual. Still, the pilot decided to land in Philadelphia.

The flight had left LaGuardia airport in New York on Thursday morning
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
all i can say is if i saw a person with leather strap tied to a box on his head and arm...i would assume there crazy ..but thats me.

+ the article doesn't say if he refused them to look into the box's he had tied to him lol

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-1-2010 by TheAmused]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
They must've missed the exploding prayer rugs and incendiary rosary.
Why are they trying to discourage people from flying so much? There is something more to it than we know. People used to call me weird, TSA and Homeland security have me beat by a mile.

Btw: thanks for helping me somehting new, i never knew what those boxes were called or what they're for.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
While the airline's actions are ridiculous, it is refreshing to see that they are not targeting Muslims exclusively.

new topics

top topics

join