It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since when did deep thinkers become the crazy people?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If you start a thread by immediately calling all of those that choose to believe in God as being somehow non-intelligent, or below you, you will immediately invalidate your argument. Some of the most formative minds in history have been devout believers in various world religions. And yes, some have been atheists. But for you to talk down to anyone that believes in God is very wrong of you. The same argument that you used to invalidate the concept of religion, LOGIC, many scientists and physicists would use to say that there must be a higher intelligence to the universe. You can choose to not believe, and that is your right. But its the same right of others to believe. And neither side should be elevated above the other. Your intolerance is very very telling about yourself.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I bet ALL those replies were made by Christians...but seriously...some of those replies are so pathetically ignorant I feel like killing myself just so I can escape this moronic planet which constantly corrodes away at my soul

You feel like killing yourself?
So what's stopping you? Here's some deep thought. You are either afraid,
or you are lying. Then there's the possibility you are mentally unstable
and are on the virge of it any way. Nothing very pretty about any of that.
The Bible says that in the last days everything will be turned around.
They will even try to say that black is really white. I see this is going on everywhere.
The Christians worship satan?
Satan is turning the world upsidedown and you don't see it because you
do not think at all.
I suggest you stop being a fool because there is a frieght train headed your way.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
OI read your second page post.

Originally posted by CHA0S

You're missing the entire point...a deep thinker has the ability to question and explore these out-of-the-box concepts and ideas...whether they are right or wrong makes no difference...
Firstly, you seem to miss the point that you provide us an example of what your standard of deep thinking is. So the point I see is that you accept any rhetoric that is not "mainstream" or general as being an example of deep thinking.
That is not deep thinking.
If I say there are "Sheep flying UFO's and that these sheep are mutilating cattle in order to get more feed on the farm", is that deep? Because my view is outside the box?

it's the fact that they have the brain power to seperate themselves from the pack of sheeple, and stop being a mindless robot, and try to think for themselves...but when they do this, it immediately makes them crazy, like us conspiracy theorists who have the ability to question the Government and our supposed reality...we realize not everything is as it seems and exactly how we are told it is...but this makes us crazy people to everyone else...because they don't have the ability to exert such a degree of independent thought and question the truth about things...they believe everything is truly as they are told and the Government would never lie to them...it's a neat little package where they are never wrong because they know it all...so anyone who challenges them and offers out-of-the-box ideas are crazy...when it's just not true...they just have the ability to think a little deeper about things and think for themselves...
It is in fact you that is following the sheeple mentality. You catorgorize people as merely going along with a philosophy like robots.
This is a popular anti establishment rhetoric and criticism especially on these forums. You are somehow "knowing" of the philosophies true nature that others are merely following. But your knowledge is not unique or original, it is something you are following because you believe it is the absolute truth relating to the nature of those other people you label sheeple, this exactly mentality of those you claim are sheeple that you claim are labeling "deep" thinkers crazy.
You are no different. You are not deeply thinking but giving into to populist conspiracy anti religious opinion.
It is a shallow opinion that neglects all individuals by merely putting all of them into one box.

Yep...because all mind altering drugs used in anyway are BAD BAD BAD aren't they? AREN'T THEY?!?
Yes they are. My experience as a Nurse has supplied me with ample evidence that mind altering drugs are bad.

They couldn't ever possibly open and expand a mind allowing them to experience deep and complex thought patterns and mind blowing alternate states of consciousness which a normally functioning mind couldn't even begin to comprehend...I'm not promoting drugs...it's just something to think about...but obviously I'm going to be called a stupid crazy fool by others who "know" mind altering drugs could never be of such benefit...

[edit on 22/1/10 by CHA0S]
Perhaps they could and can, but I have seen plenty of induced psychosis, casual "experimental" use that led into dependence that brought about onsets of permanent brain damage, chronic mental illness and debilitating injuries, health problems and the many associated ripple effects relating to partners, dependents family and friends. So It can certainly blow your mind and yes, you will see a pattern and yes, it will alter your consciousness in a way you obviously have not comprehended or even though deeply about.

Deep thinking is not deep thinking if you need drugs.
That is drugged thinking.
It may feel deep.
But so are coma's.
So is psychosis.

[edit on 22/1/10 by atlasastro]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

If you start a thread by immediately calling all of those that choose to believe in God as being somehow non-intelligent, or below you, you will immediately invalidate your argument. Some of the most formative minds in history have been devout believers in various world religions. And yes, some have been atheists. But for you to talk down to anyone that believes in God is very wrong of you. The same argument that you used to invalidate the concept of religion, LOGIC, many scientists and physicists would use to say that there must be a higher intelligence to the universe. You can choose to not believe, and that is your right. But its the same right of others to believe. And neither side should be elevated above the other. Your intolerance is very very telling about yourself.
I'm not saying all Christians are simple-minded...but it's prretty apparent that the vast amount of them are blindly following something they have no real idea about...and they don't even bother to question it...in fact, they'd rather just force it down everyone elses throat like it's the absolute truth when they COULD be WRONG...and they can't even consider that possibility...the point of this wasn't to attack Christians...it just so happened a good real life example involved Christians...which doesn't surprise me in the slightest...but as I've said several times now...people need to examine the point I'm making...not how I make it...if the Christian thing offends people, well, I'm sorry about that...but too bad...and I accept people have the right to believe what they want...though I disagree with Atheists just as much as I do with Christians:

I'm agnostic...I believe a God(s) could exist...because it's just as ignorant to state God does exist as it is to state he doesn't exist...so you see, I'm veiwing this with an open mind, and I'm not trying to do what an Athiest does and attack Christians, stating there is no such thing as God, and it's insane to believe such a thing.

reply to post by randyvs

they will even try to say that black is really white.
The christians worship satan?
Maybe Satan wrote that because he knew one day people would start catching on and that was just another safety guard on his plan? Did you CONSIDER that? Would you even CONSIDER it possible...or is at as another poster said: "unthinkable"?

You feel like killing yourself?
So what's stopping you? Here's some deep thought. You are either afraid,
or you are lying. Then there's the possibility you are mentally unstable
and are on the virge of it any way.
How about this:

And what with the utter contemptuousness the masses hold towards such topics, the belief that we can change things before they completely manifest has been dwindling in me more and more, and thus making research and speculating on such topics less of a priority for me. In fact it is my belief that ultimately the true conspiracy and goal of the NWO is to lessen the ability of people to seek out the truth of EXISTENCE in favor of this narrow minded physical reality we currently see manifested before our eyes.
I know exactly what you mean...everyday my belief that we can change the world before it goes to far is lessening...fading away...and I'm on the edge of giving up hope...oh so close...but I try my hardest to keep a flame inside me alight...something inside me doesn't want to let go...maybe those people who state some of us came here to help this world are correct...I lean more towards that beleif all the time...but maybe I'm just looking for a reason to justify my existence here...why I stay and hold onto the hope of change...but I'll tell you now...if nothing has changed by 2012, or a few years after 2012...any last hope I have shall surely melt away...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

The time for small talk and questions is over the time of the Gentiles just
ended every body left on earth right now will soon be engulfed by fear at what is coming upon our home. The video was a demonstration of fear.
It is our fault because we could have stopped it.
If you have an ear listen THERE IS A FREIGHT TRAIN HEADED YOUR/OUR
WAY. Do you get it, the warning, do you understand that warnings come from
kindness?
By the way I didn't waste anytime even reading your last post.
Dosn't matter
Gotta run.
Soon your eyes will be open very wide.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

There is plenty of ignorance and blind allegiance to go around OUTSIDE of religion too my friend. By no extent of the imagination is it somehow more prevalent in religion than not. No matter what the topic is, when people make up their mind, it is human nature for most to put blinders on and not accept the possibility of something else. That doesn't make it right, but it is not right to talk about religion and talk down to believers like that. I am about as logical on open minded as it comes, and I am Christian. and you described about Christians is not me whatsoever.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by johnny2127]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
one mans " deep thinking " is another mans " verbal diorhea "

what troubles me more [ just my personal opinion ] is the widespread attitude that these perveyors of ` alternate thinking ` are correct - WITHOUT any evidence to support thier claims

now that is crazy

i have nothing against alternate thinking - but too many people on sites such as ATS.com seem [ or at least claim ] to instinctivly believe any claim that runs counter to the " mainstream " " government " or " esteblished " view on the matter at hand

and they call others ` sheeple `

the OP raises a very interesting point - when he states [ paraphrasing ] -:

" people instinctivly reject a proposition they do not understant , if it runs counter to thier previous beliefs "

the counter point to that is :

" why do people believe propositions they do not understand - just because they run counter to the ` mainstream ` view " ?

i will give you examples - how many threads and posts here are littered with claims allong the lines of :

` i dont believe anything the government says `

` i dont believe anything fox news says `

etc etc

a simple rebbutal is to invite such claimants to drink drain cleaner - on the grounds that the government advises against drinking the stuff

i have been in two face to face incidents where the claim ` i dont believe anything the government says ` came up

in the first - i invited him to take a swig of bleach - he refused - surprise , surprise

in the second - i simply asked ` why are we driving on the left hand side of the road ` ? [ we are in the UK ] instant change of topic

bottom line - different / alternative / conspiracy / controvertial etc does not mean automatically mean correct - esp if no creddible evidence is presented

and a view is most certainly not automatically wrong - just because the govrenment subscribes to that view

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

If I say there are "Sheep flying UFO's and that these sheep are mutilating cattle in order to get more feed on the farm", is that deep? Because my view is outside the box?
Of course some people are going to be over the top and not make much sense...there is a line between the deep (or out-of-the-box) thinkers and insane people...but who decides where that line is?

It is in fact you that is following the sheeple mentality. You catorgorize people as merely going along with a philosophy like robots.
This is a popular anti establishment rhetoric and criticism especially on these forums.
It has nothing to do with anti-establishmentism...it's about people who can think "outside" of the system...they can think independently and don't just "robotically" do and believe everything they get told in an unquestioning manner...

You are not deeply thinking but giving into to populist conspiracy anti religious opinion.
Nor does this have anything to do with anti-religious opinion.

Perhaps they could and can, but I have seen plenty of induced psychosis, casual "experimental" use that led into dependence that brought about onsets of permanent brain damage, chronic mental illness and debilitating injuries, health problems and the many associated ripple effects relating to partners, dependents family and friends.
You work in a hospital...this is where you will see those that abuse drugs...instead of using them in a way which may be of benefit...

First off, yes, to gather anything truly useful from these substances, you need to have a disciplined approach to it. Just like any method used by psychonauts, such as meditation, sensory deprivation, sleep deprivation, or fasting. You can not cultivate anything from these without discipline.
This is very true, it takes a mature approach with the right intentions. This is what people fail to see...

Deep thinking is not deep thinking if you need drugs.
It may feel deep.
Not true...so so so so wrong...well, right in some cases with most drugs...I'm not going to start describing personal experience as that's a big no here on ATS...but I can tell you now some narcotics can produce states of mind which increase brain activity excessively and produce states of mind which are vastly more aware and capable or deep though than the normal mind is...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think it's a symptom of the 'quick response' expectation of modern society, a 'no time to think' general attitude common, that a moments hesitation means 'you lose' having missed the opportunity... the slightest stalling for ponderance is to drop out of the current.

People today require constant action and excitement... to the point of dramatization, it's the mover and shaker that has the stage. I'm told that thinking isn't fun, and I've actually seen it depicted once on a University Campus that had a big bronze statue of "The Thinker" when it was said; "He looks depressed, thinking is stupid!"

The prevailing idea is that so many others have for so long 'done the thinking for us' so we can now 'keep it stupidly simple' and just 'live simply that others may simply live', that the only knowledge we need is experience -but I see that even that is being compromised by the media- as more people "know all about it" without any real experience at all (that would be dangerous, don't go anywhere it's all on the internet or bother doing it when it's already there on Cable)!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
What a fantastic topic of discussion. thank you to the OP for starting this. I agree wholeheartedly about this. It infuriates me when I try to talk to people about these issues, and they just instantly dismiss it, simply because its "strange" or doesn't fit the mainstream ideas that everyone else just seems to go along with. I stopped caring about what other people thought of me ages ago. I'm very open with people about my weirdness. I revel in it, and when people try to tell me I'm crazy I just tell them, "yes, yes i am. I'm also much smarter than you. So?" I know its a rather arrogant statement to make, but it makes a point lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Some people might benefit from watching this as it answers some of the questions in the thread...

This might be the start of opening your eyes for anyone that gives it a chance as it touches exactly what is going on.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

"Most people have never thought much about anything but their daily lives."

THIS is what freaks me out the most (and is most mind blowing)...that this is a TRUE statement....That I have actually been told most of my life that I thought TOO MUCH!!!! Simply amazing that people would not think beyond their noses, (or worse yet....beyond the talking heads on the idiot box.....)

For MY part, I'll just go on being thought of, (and treated like), the family nut and/or that friend you roll your eyes at when subjects beyond what the actor/actress/singer/sports figure of the moment is doing/wearing.....

peace, Ya'll

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

watchtheashes is the only person here who provided the truly deep post.

I would not have done as well.

Seeing as how watchtheashes is the only one here to provide the truly deep post, I think it is safe to say that watchtheashes is crazy - alternatively, abnormal.

So, apparently the deep thinker becomes a crazy person upon communicating their thoughts.

And as an additive, I would like to thank benevolent tyrant for -snipping- my snide comments in that thread a couple of weeks ago. You prevented people from seeing just how foolish I was being. As well, you helped me to realize that I was allowing myself to be angered by little things. Believe it or not, the moment I noticed you had done that, a chord was struck and I have not been tempted to be so aggressive since.

Now that was the kind of crazy that was not related to deep thinking.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You really didn't realize that those videos are designed to fool you the same way that they teach you that others are?

Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Okay. Think about it. The problems that we are facing in the United States has been caused by who??????? THE EXPERTS. Now I don't know about you, but that say's it all for me. As far as the Christian debate, we are all just human, and both sides of the argument has taken the low road sometimes. I happen to believe in Christ. Does that mean I am better than someone who doesn't. Not in the least. After all, Christ came for the sinners and that would be everyone. Peace is what he preached. The world cannot comprehend what that is.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
As a species, we time and time again demonstrate the same over-riding fear. We ignore this fear as much as possible, and throughout history have killed millions of people to avoid facing up to this fear. We see our resistence to accepting this fear in big ways and in tiny, little, forum board ways too.

We are scared of being wrong. And we're prepared to do almost anything before admitting that we are wrong, and yet if you truely want to be a deep thinker, that's where you have to start.

You have to accept and embrace the notion that everything you know, everything you believe, everything you've been taught, it's all subject to being wrong.

That's not to say it all IS wrong, but ignorance lives in places where we don't question.

And yes, I've found time and time again that deep thinkers are now regarded as nuts and loonies. I believe we're at a time when people are starting to work out that things are not how we believe them to be, and for everyone who "wakes up", there's plenty of other who are hitting snooze, and still others who refuse to wake up.

Some people would rather die than admit that they could be wrong about everything.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

BRAVO to this post.......

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

"Deep thinking is not deep thinking if you need drugs.
It may feel deep.
But so are coma's.
So is psychosis."

May I remind you that the structure of DNA (double helix) was discovered whilst Francis Crick was high on '___'. This is certainly one of humanities greatest discoveries and not to me to be merely dismissed as "drugged thinking".

'The mind is like a parachute, its best when it's open'

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What if drugs are chemicals that accelerate and heighten our abilities, and that they're there for that very reason? We call these things drugs now, and with that name we gain power over them, for by calling them drugs we make them harmful, bad, wrong, and we render any notions or thoughts that come to us whilst using them to be untrustworthy.

I can't quickly find a source, I'll keep looking, but I remember recently hearing that alcohol affects behaviour differently depending on how society views alcohol. In other words, if you believe that drinking alcohol makes you aggressive, it will, because you will excuse yourself that behaviour because you're drunk.

Same goes, I believe, for drugs. If you take drugs to get yourself monged out in a drugged up stupor, that's what you'll do after taking them. If you believe that they can open your mind up to a whole new realm of spiritual ability, then guess what?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
"Same goes, I believe, for drugs. If you take drugs to get yourself monged out in a drugged up stupor, that's what you'll do after taking them. If you believe that they can open your mind up to a whole new realm of spiritual ability, then guess what?"

Probably dumb to admit this, (I've been ridiculed and put down about it before), but some of the best art work and poetry I have EVER created were done when I was high on cannabis....

But then again, some of the dumbest things I have ever done, I have done whilst either drunk or in love....go figure.

Peace, y'all!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join