It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I guess I must address this issue personally...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Seriously this needs to be said, and yes a new thread was needed because I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

This is a conspiracy website first off, I believe you all knew that when you joined since the word conspiracy is thrown around quite a bit around these forums, but then again I guess some people may fail to notice this... how I don't know.

My point however, is that people need to stop making threads saying crap that they don't back up with anything what so ever other than some meaningless words they jumbled together only somewhat coherently.

And worst off is that people are now doing the same thing with their posts more often as well. Saying things like "Your thread is stupid, and your theory lacks evidence." (also I'd like to point out it would be a one line post but who cares?) while the person who made the thread more than likely put much time into putting their theory, or whatever they are sharing within their thread, together. Whether or not you agree is not a viable post - unless you actually put the time into researching why you think their thread is bunk, and back yourself up.

And too wrap this up, I need to share my new favorite quote of the week, which just goes to show you how lazy and moronic people are around here (and seriously, it is getting worse!):

Originally posted by --------
Very nice Phage, I was hoping that you'd comment on this.

^^This is not an acceptable post by any means! Like seriously, what sort of person waits around for their 'favorite ATS poster!!!!' to do the work for them (if any is even done at all) and then has the nerve to make a reply like that?

Do your own research!

One line posts I can handle, but people totally ignoring someones obvious facts they put together very well in a thread and then make a post telling them their wrong with nothing to back themselves up, and/or using someone elses lame post to guide their own lame post even farther down the crap wagon is just blatantly stupid, and rude.

I could go on but I think I made my point. Let's stop this "ATS Conspiracy" crap going on, and I call it an ATS conspiracy because I only have seen these sort of posts here on ATS.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Very nice Phage highlyoriginal,I was hoping that you'd comment on this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6e8aff3b592.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-1-2010 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
i have a feeling that this thread is directly focused on me because of your recent post in my thread

i hope this isnt true

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Not directly. It's really the website as a whole, honestly. Too many people think they can get away with leaving a one line post stating "You're wrong!" and think they are some how being smart and respected because of it.

And the whole phage thing really pisses me off. Seriously go crying to him every time you decide that going to google and typing in a search string and hitting search is too hard... how fun!

And to be honest, phage all together pisses me off. Yes I said it. All he does is leaves a ton of one line posts and for some reason the masses [of idiots] like to give him flags for his completely redundant posts. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i dont even know who phage is :/

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Somebody has some jealousy issues

can we counter this whole argument by also adding that it's stupid when a truther posts an opinion as fact with no concrete evidence and get's mad when we don't accept as fact?

Yet another whiny post by a person who could easily practice self restraint and maybe just ignore the things here that piss him off

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
im not pissed off at all :?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And to be honest, phage all together pisses me off. Yes I said it. All he does is leaves a ton of one line posts and for some reason the masses [of idiots] like to give him flags for his completely redundant posts. Go figure.

Please mind the terms and conditions, and not personally attack other members. Attack their points or positions all you like, but please mind the terms.... Thanks all!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Definite jealousy.

If you'd actually read any of Phage's posts which go into detail, you'd probably find that he's an extremely knowledgeable guy... i don't think there's anything wrong with people reading or enjoying the opinions of those who have an area of expertise or are highly knowledgeable in certain areas.

Just don't read Phage's relies if you don't like them.

Jealousy is such an ugly trait.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Nobody appreciates being singled out and attacked.
Some one line posts hold more weight than a paragraph of pure idiotic rubbish.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Nobody appreciates being singled out and attacked.
Some one line posts hold more weight than a paragraph of pure idiotic rubbish.

I agree with you! Just because a post may be longer, doesn't mean it's QUALITY. I'm a firm believer that a good quality post can be short and still get the same point across as someone that feels the need to use all of the maximum characters.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I've made a few threads in the Science forum and admit that I'm a complete novice.

I just find articles that I think will interest people and hope for a bit of a discussion and, if I can, I find related articles to help answer any questions.

I'm delighted if Phage makes a contribution to my threads. His posts are always pertinent and helpful.

He's got a nice sense of humour, too.

He and Arbitrageur have 'made' some of my threads with their contributions. I feel I'm doing something right if one of them takes the time to post.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Please mind the terms and conditions, and not personally attack other members. Attack their points or positions all you like, but please mind the terms.... Thanks all!

My bad, I apologize for singling out one person - it isn't phage I'm annoyed at it's the people who use his posts as their own evidence.

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Definite jealousy.

...Jealousy is such an ugly trait.

It is isn't it? Fact is, I'm not jealous. This is an website, a forum I post on, do you really think I care if I'm 'popular'? The real world is what I care about the most, and I am much in tune to reality I believe.

Once again, I know I shouldn't have singled out a single person, I was just pissed off and made typed that part of the thread in the moment, but I know for a fact that it annoys many others when people quote someones post and use that as their 'evidence' or 'proof' when they themselves never did any research at all.

And by the way, I never said phage was an idiot/stupid but his one line posts are helluva annoying. And yes in some posts he does do good research to back himself up, I wont say that he doesn't, but what bothers me is that he is very one sided/close minded and shoots down peoples posts before even considering that maybe, just maybe, there may be a conspiracy going on, or that the data he has is faulty.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well no offense but you really sound jealous...all we have to go off is this post you had which frankly sounded awfully whiney

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

join