It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Baio Gets Death Threats on Twitter After Posting Michelle Obama Joke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Scott Baio Gets Death Threats on Twitter After Posting Michelle Obama Joke

www.usmagazine.com

Some called the actor -- who has often used his Twitter page to speak out about his Republican beliefs -- an "asshole" and many said his post was racist.

Baio, however, insisted the post was just a joke and shared screenshots of several death threats he received.

"Easy to find your house Scottie boy and finish you," one commenter wrote while another threatened to harm his wife and family.

Below, take a look at the drama as it unfolded from start to finish -- and caused his followers to skyroc
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What started the obama fanatics to threaten to kill him and his family was this.
WOW He wakes up to this every morning. shows this picture.

im sorry by that picture alone i can see his point that is scary lol

only reason i am posting this is it show's how far gone people in america are for the obama's.

www.usmagazine.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What a bunch of overly dramatic crybabies. Politicians and public figures are constantly getting caught in funny poses that eventually make their rounds in photographs.

Racist? Please.

They've been caught picking their noses, scratching their behinds, had their image taken mid sentence where they're making horrible faces. Then there is the obvious Photoshop jobs meant to be silly or even ridicule.

Look at all the photos of Hillary in various 'banshee poses.'

Yes, Michelle is yet another unfortunate soul to get caught like that on camera. Nothing personal or racist. It's what happens when you're high profile.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Does this mean that Bobcat Goldthwait was right in calling Scott Baio the Antichrist?

Old joke. But seriously, people need to get over themselves. If you are a public figure you are open to the public and that includes satire no matter how poor the joke. Larry Flynt proved it for us all before the Supreme Court.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This does not surprise me.

Liberals are very hate-filled people. Most are still on suicide watch since Scott Brown destroyed Barack (CSPAN) Obama in Massachusetts. This might have just pushed a few of the moonbats over the edge.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
More mindless crap for us to talk about while we all get raped.

I was totally glued to the TV when I found out Scott Baio was having a baby.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Rule number1!
Don't Fool with Chachi or The Fonz will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Kudos for Mr. Baio for speaking his mind in the bizarre world of La La Land. The reaction to his joke explains why more conservative celebrities keep their opinions to themselves.

The double standard of hatred is just mind numbing with these folks.

Three Cheers for Chachi!!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow it sounds like Scott is getting

ZAPPED

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Good for Scott Baio. you keep speaking and showing what you believe don't let these morons change you.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Gee what would happen if he said something really bad about Obama's, and shows that the guy who made threat, not only is his mama ulgy, she gave him a pea for brain.
And not only was the pea small, it was green.

Now don't get all in tizzy, is only joke, and your mama an't that ugly, or I wouldn't been over last night makin you a new baby brother.

If you want my address it's
1600 Pennsylvania Av.
NW Washington, DC

And really I wasn't that offended by what Scotty said, man it's hell.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Funny picture. Nothing racist about it.
America has become so ridiculous with political correctness that I think people now go out of their way to find things to be offended by.

The only people that it is ok to make fun of is white people.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Very true. The racism card is totally over-played.

I would like to commend you for being insightful, and I wish that more ATS moderators had minds as active as yours.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
wow, they are blind idiots and that's an understatement

can you guys send this link to these fools?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe this will wake the sheep up and force them to stop supporting idiots!

so so so so stupid, so stupid they are stoopid

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What's with picking on the first Ladies here, people? Wasn't Blair's wife horrendously treated by the tabloids when he was in power across the pond?I am one of few Americans who actually knows who Tony Blair is, and I remember seeing a piece the BBC did about Blair's wife being framed as being unattractive.

Michelle is an attractive woman; this is just an awful pic of her.
But why was Blair's wife treated rather mercilessly?
Why the unflatering picture of Obama's wife?
What's behind all of that is what I want to know.

You need to go after the MAN you don't like whether you are the
PRESs, or a celebrity being POLITICAL to get attention.
The women should be left out of it. Why make jokes about anyone's woman anyway? It's stupid.

I agree with Ashley D, I don't think people should have gone all ba%$it about it, but I think there's something here that everyone's missing ! As in how low it is for anyone to bring the women into it in the first place. Whether you are the english press core, or an actor named Scott I don't understand the desire behind wanting to hurt the man by framing his woman as being unattractive.

It seems ball-less .

However, it's good that the psychos have been reported to the proper authorities.

Just my two cents

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don't know about others here but everyday i get emails with ugly, funny, obnoxious pictures of our DC elites. It's honored satire and has been that way for centuries. Nothing new here at all. Seems like the Obama koolaid drinkers and zealots are becoming like our Muslim fanatic brothers in their absolute madness in protecting their Messiah!

Zindo

[edit on 1/21/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Doesn't Hollywood have a saying "Any publicity is better than no publicity."?

Probably the biggest break Baio's had in years.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There's a few different things going on here.

1) America is obsessed with "celebrities."

Go to a newsstand or supermarket. You'll see dozens of publications for sale dedicated to these "celebrities" and their lives. What they look like, what they wear, who they date, what they eat etc. This is a multi-billion dollar industry. Like it or not, there are millions of people who follow these people's lives more closely than their own. And yes, in the US the President and his family are considered celebrities.

2) People enjoy "lowest common denominator" humor.

The question of "what's funny" has always been a difficult one, but one thing is certain, there are millions of people out there who are entertained by the absolute stupidest things. Yes, they laugh at fart jokes, at people falling, at anyone who looks different, and as shown by youtube people enjoy watching other people look bad.

3) Combine items 1&2.

This picture and the dozens like it should not shock anyone. On any given week you can see headlines on these tabloids saying things like "Stars Caught Without Makeup!!" or "Stars Cellulite on the Beach!!" and these issues sell incredibly well. Why? Well, apparently people want to see "celebrities" looking bad. They want to see pictures of them with their gut hanging out, with a finger up their nose, picking at their underwear, taking something out of their teeth... whatever.

4) There are people out there who insist everything is about race.

Unfortunately this country is still plagued by groups of people who want to divide us along racial lines. No... I'm not talking about the conventional racists. I don't mean the bigots and white supremacists because they're not smart enough to divide the country. I'm talking about a far more intelligent group. I'm talking about people who can take any story out there and decide that it all comes back to race. The Al Sharptons, the Jesse Jacksons, and the Charlie Rangels. Who is Rangel? Charlie Rangel is the Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee in Congress who announced that anyone who runs against NY's governor this November is a racist. Weird, right? NY has a governor who was appointed, not elected, has miserable poll numbers and is deemed by most voters as a disaster, and yet if a better candidate wishes to throw his hat in the ring Congressman Rangel has already declared him a racist. Just an example...

So consider those 4 thoughts when trying to understand this.

We have a culture of celebrity obsession that stalks famous people and enjoys looking at stupid pictures of them. The worse the better.

We also have groups of people who work day and night to try and split this country along racial lines. Hateful people who unfortunately have led others to the same hate. I hope all of you clicked on the link to this story and read some of the comments that were posted to this guy's twitter. That is ignorant hate in its truest form. Blind, ignorant hate.

What we have here is really pretty simple... a guy posted what he thought was humorous and a group of psychotic hate mongers latched onto it as their cause of the day.

The whole situation is a sad display of our society today on so many levels.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A bit melodramatic.

When is a joke not a joke? Is it because Mr. Baio was once a TV star? If Joe Nobody told the same joke on his twitter page, would he get threats?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What is even more astounding is that people still listen to Scott Baio. I personally haven't paid him any mind since he broke up with Joanie.

Djarmus, yes people are interested in celebrities. But what does that have to do with Scott Baio?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by TheComte]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As if he was speaking of her skin color and not her horse teeth.

I dread people who can't take a joke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join