It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More bias in US against Muslims than other faiths

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
And speaking of hate crimes:

" the little Christian girls who were attacked and decapitated by Islamic jihadists on their way to school in Indonesia

the Christian farmers who have been killed by Islamic jihadists in the southern Philippines

the Italian monks in Algeria, the ones who came only to practice their vocation of charity and not to convert anyone, and who were killed as they lay asleep on their ship in the port, when Muslim fanatics crept aboard in the night and slit the throats of every last one

the Italian lady doctor who had given her life to helping the Muslims in Somalia, and who was murdered there two years ago

the Christian priest who was murdered in Turkey for the apparent sin of having ministered to a handful of Christians -- less than half a dozen Christians

the beatings of two Anglican clergymen by Muslims in Great Britain

the clear "hate crimes" of the mass gang-rapes of "Aussie" girls

the Jewish boy Ilan Halimi, who was lured into being kidnapped, and then held and tortured, slowly, over many weeks, with his half-dozen Muslim captors delighting in calling Halimi's family to ask for ransom, and allowing them to hear his screams, as he was being tortured in the background -- and then, finally, was tortured unto death?

Christians in Pakistan who are accused of blasphemy and sometimes beaten to death -- not only by ordinary Pakistani Muslims, but all too often with the connivance or collaboration of Pakistani policemen

what happens to Hindus when they happen to walk by an excitable group of Muslims, exiting from Friday Prayers, and without Jews or Christians to kill, are happy to make do with Hindus, who may be beaten to death without fear of punishment in Bangladesh

the killings not of soldiers, but of the most inoffensive Buddhists, monks, and schoolteachers, in southern Thailand, their heads cut off, their bodies sometimes mutilated, by Muslims, all because they were not Muslims themselves, but Infidels

what Muslims have done, in "hate crimes" on an industrial scale, to Christians in Nigeria (with a little help from Egyptian pilots), to Sudanese black Christians and animists in the southern Sudan, to those who are not Muslims everywhere that Muslims find they can get away with the kind of things they like to get away with, whenever the Infidels prove insufficiently submissive

the Muslim from Saudi Arabia who, in a fit of islamitude, slit the throat of his former, and too-trusting, supposed close friend, a Jewish friend, in Houston "

Quite a roll-call of peace

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In response to the title of this thread;

You have Bush, Cheney, the illuminati, and the "real" government, TPTB, to thank for it all.
The current POTUS is the same.
I have no problem with Muslims. The ones i know are wonderful people.
You should have a problem with TPTB. Are there bad Muslims? Sure. The same can be said for other faiths.

The above is based on the assumption that 9/11 was self inflicted, that Osama is a CIA operative, and that nothing we are told is real.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
accompanied by a breakdown of said 'hate crimes' by religion:

Anti Protestant ..... 59
Anti Catholic ........ 76
Anti Islamic ..... 156
Other .................. 204
Anti Jewish ..... 967

What is also interesting about these figures is that the people committing the crimes against Jews is small, whereas the people committing the crimes against muslims are the same ratio. That means that Jews are ganged up on whereas muslims get into one on one altercations, which could indicate that it was started by the muslim.

Awareness that there is no such thing as hate crimes against muslims is something that muslims need to be made aware of.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

My feeling is that the west has no right to dictate what is and is not allowed to go on in other nations. Who are we to decide moral code in other religions? They are the ones to establish the rules of their countries and religions just as we are. There are extremists in all factions. The actions of the few cannot be used to condemn the entire group. The Catholic priests pedophilia scandal was not exploited to enact sanctions and military action against Italy.

Say there is a legitimate threat by a radical element and their crimes are going unpunished by their native country. Would that justify sanctions that devastate the progression of that entire country? Or a military campaign that will cause thousands of deaths, as well as destroy that countries landscape, resources and infrastructure?

"Spreading democracy", preemptive military strikes, regime changes, complete government reorganization, resource management, endless invasion & occupation and overthrowing legitimate governments without justification can only be seen as the forcing of western influence. The most extreme level of it possible. What else can you call it?

Why single out religious practices of only Islamic Muslims? Christianity plagued the world worse than any other torturing and mass murdering countless innocents. Judaism originally preached capital punishment for gays and lesbians. Somehow the respected faiths are the ones that alter and modify their original principles? They assure that changing Gods original laws and obeying only ones they choose still remains legitimate anyway. What a load!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Those crimes are astonishing; muslims are worse than nazis -- the nazis just wanted the Jews out of the way but muslims want everyone except themselves taken out, they hate everyone. What have the muslims ever done to help anyone except themselves? They are a strange breed.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The liberal media fully expected an anti-muslim bloodbath in the US - and of course it never happened.

So they have to make do with polls which say that Americans don't like religions that preach hatred and murder, specifically against them.

How very surprising.

If anything this poll shows how incredibly tolerant we are as a nation, but that would make a liberal choke on its tofu burger.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Now I constantly hear Christianity being ripped in America. And mostly by the government. But I'm sure Islam is perceieved more negatively than the other faiths at present.

My problem with Islam is it's almost all taught as radical Islaam. Most of the Imam's will tell you that an infidel is by definition a nonbeliever(nonmuslim). Most of the Imam's have declared Jihad on the infidels. Most of the Imam's are teaching you can secure a place in heaven by killing an infidel.

Bin Laden outlined the condition for him stopping his attacks, convert to Islam. LOL

During the past 60 years all Muslim countries in south asia have terrorized most nonmuslims into leaving for nonmuslim states. Those who stayed faced state sponsered discrimination and exclusion.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Now I constantly hear Christianity being ripped in America. And mostly by the government. But I'm sure Islam is perceieved more negatively than the other faiths at present.

My problem with Islam is it's almost all taught as radical Islaam. Most of the Imam's will tell you that an infidel is by definition a nonbeliever(nonmuslim). Most of the Imam's have declared Jihad on the infidels. Most of the Imam's are teaching you can secure a place in heaven by killing an infidel.

Bin Laden outlined the condition for him stopping his attacks, convert to Islam. LOL

During the past 60 years all Muslim countries in south asia have terrorized most nonmuslims into leaving for nonmuslim states. Those who stayed faced state sponsered discrimination and exclusion.

A recent groundbreaking statistical examination of Islamic doctrines appears to overwhelmingly identify the roots of the motivation to conquer with the doctrines themselves. About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. While there might be some subjectivity to this analysis, the overwhelming thrust of the inferences should be taken note of. This new analysis sheds light on not only understanding the roots of terror, but also on how to address Islamic radicalism.

Listen, if we had Jewish Rabbis teaching to their people that they could secure a spot in the afterlife by killing a nonjew, if they were encouraging them and sponsoring their efforts to cause large scale loss of life to nonjews... I mean cmon. Islam is a violent religon. It is. It's a fact. They teach that nonmuslims are essentially substandard human beings. They teach they should spread their religon through war. I've been to the middle east, several different countries. All Muslims are not bad. Just like you have some extreme christians on either side, consevrvative or liberal you have some on the muslim side. The difference is the mainstream muslim beliefs scare me. And what their mainstream teachings are scare me. And it should. I lost many friends in 9/11 and on the USS Cole. Like some of the right wing talk show hosts have been saying, All muslims aren't terrorists, but all of these terror attacks have come from Muslims. And God forbid you toss up Mohammed in a cartoon.

So yea I may have an unhealthy stereotype, actually no I don't. I have many muslim friends who think that their religon is full of psychopaths. I know that all muslims are not bad people. I'm not stereotyping the entire religon. But I also think their religon as a whole is a bad thing, it encourages violence and puts the lives of my friends, family and fellow americans in danger.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by DrJay1975]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Murdoch met with the Saudis a few weeks back. So I'm waiting to see the MSM direction with this. Will he push the discrimination thing or let the truth be told about Islam.

Any report of bias against muslims is coming from... muslims. They have nothing to back it up.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Here's an example of muslims protesting profiling... that's not taking place. Why would they want to do that? To gain sympathy for muslims? To make people scared to be called a racist? The 2003 guidelines don't establish anything close to actual profiling of Arabs or Muslims... so why the fuss?

www.kuna.net.kw...
"WASHINGTON, Jan. 26 (KUNA) -- Executives of the Arab American Institute (AAI), American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) and the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) met with U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder on Monday to discuss issues of concern to the Arab American and Muslim communities, the AAI announced on Tuesday.
The officials spoke with Holder about several controversial policies developed under the 2003 Department of Justice Guidance on Profiling, which include several loopholes allowing for widespread profiling based on race, ethnicity, religion and national origin, the AAI said."

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
What is also interesting about these figures is that the people committing the crimes against Jews is small, whereas the people committing the crimes against muslims are the same ratio. That means that Jews are ganged up on whereas muslims get into one on one altercations, which could indicate that it was started by the muslim.

Awareness that there is no such thing as hate crimes against muslims is something that muslims need to be made aware of.

Perhaps it has to do something with Israel's Govt. financing and supporting “Handbook for the Killing of Gentiles/ Non-Jews”.

Did I gave special emphasis given in the handbook on "killing of gentile babies"? Ya' know perhaps the Gentiles didn't allowed their babies to be killed and guess as per Torah it would be hate crime to not allow God's people to kill their babies.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by December_Rain]

[edit on 27-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Who knows what group has such secret books.

Heck, the Koran, the Islamic bible, could be titled, "How to Kill Non-Muslims".

And it would be app.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Who knows? The original handbook text is mentioned in above link. Lol@ that's who know.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

This thread isn't about the West dictating how other nations conduct their affairs, it is about people of Western Nations being able to demand that immigrants from other nations follow the customs and morality of the hosting Western nations.

It is about people in Western nations having the right to take action against immigrant groups that begin acting like an invading army.

In response to your question, it comes down to what rights does any nation have in influencing another.

It seems to me that you are claiming that morality is subjective.

Is it your claim that any warlord who manages to take over a large enough section of real estate to call it a country, has a right to determine right and wrong in that country?

Cause that sounds exactly like what you are saying.

I disagree.

What you do in your own home is not your private business, if you are committing crimes. We do not tolerate our neighbors beating their wives and children, and for the same reasons we should not tolerate third world dictators who brutalize the citizens of their country.

In the one world community where we now live, we can not continue to overlook crimes of humanity because it is dressed up in religious robes or national sovereignty.

What one person does in his home effects others.

If you brutalize your family, it doesn't take that much of a stretch of imagination to recognize that given the opportunity, you will abuse others, maybe a member of my family.

On this small planet, the same principles should be applied to third world dictators, and radical groups.

Saddam got what he deserved.

The Taliban are getting what they deserve.

With modern technology, it is getting easier and easier to go after these third world thugs, and there is no reason not to go after them.

It has nothing to do with God.

It has everything to do with protecting the rights of man, not only one's own rights, but the rights of one's family, friends, and community.

Brutal thugs are a threat to everyone everywhere, and we have the right to take them out.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

This thread isn't about the West dictating how other nations conduct their affairs, it is about people of Western Nations being able to demand that immigrants from other nations follow the customs and morality of the hosting Western nations.

The West dictating the conduct elsewhere is very relevant to the thread topic if that behavior is acting as a catalyst to form the sentiment. The possibility of this becoming a developing trend is dangerously foolish. The fact is that a growing hatred of any particular group can propagate this way based solely on falsities.

Is it your claim that any warlord who manages to take over a large enough section of real estate to call it a country, has a right to determine right and wrong in that country?

Cause that sounds exactly like what you are saying.

I disagree.

Isn't this exactly how things are and have always been? What you're suggesting is allowing the warlord with the most power to determine right and wrong for every country.

With that I profoundly disagree.

What you do in your own home is not your private business, if you are committing crimes. We do not tolerate our neighbors beating their wives and children, and for the same reasons we should not tolerate third world dictators who brutalize the citizens of their country.

What I do in my home is most certainly my private business. If I perpetrate a crime against someone else it's punishable by law whether in my home or elsewhere, but only when proven. Leaders found committing crimes against humanity can and should be dealt with according to international law. Unfortunately, this logical step in the process is often bypassed in favor of harsher measures. Why? This makes me suspicious of allegations being cast to justify war.

When Saddam Hussein was accused of using mustard gas against his own people, why was he not tried in International Court? The US was involved with selling these weapons to him, why weren't these actions confirmed and documented in a judicial preceding? Why aren't these so called "Tyrannical Dictators" convicted of any crimes? There have been many horrifying accusations used to justify war, but not even attempt to solve this by prosecution?

They don't use courts because they're simply telling lies. Fabrications to gain favorable public opinion.

In the one world community where we now live, we can not continue to overlook crimes of humanity because it is dressed up in religious robes or national sovereignty.

What one person does in his home effects others.

If you brutalize your family, it doesn't take that much of a stretch of imagination to recognize that given the opportunity, you will abuse others, maybe a member of my family.

This has been another foolish developing trend recently espoused by the G.W. Bush administration. This mentality is a threat to freedom. Judging from our occasional interaction on ATS I'm quite confident you're an intelligent and sensible person. The fact that you are a supporter of this means this trend is apparently catching on? It's horrifying to imagine a future where punishment is administered preemptively. Worse than that is this taking place within a populace that forms their opinion of others by hearsay and propaganda.

All this bias behavior generates a false negative image that serves as the basis for which opinions are formed. This opinion generates only fear and hate and is built on exaggerations, distortions, subjectivity and flat out fabrications. As the OP stated, the greatest amount of prejudice is currently against Muslims. That's not coincidence, that is propaganda to hate and it has consequences everywhere.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst
As the OP stated, the greatest amount of prejudice is currently against Muslims. That's not coincidence, that is propaganda to hate and it has consequences everywhere.

But there is no prejudice against muslims in the US. That is a fabrication by muslims because of their agenda. Islam is not victims as you suggest.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join