It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More bias in US against Muslims than other faiths

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

AS typical, the people who come here to defend Islam first insult everyone they disagree with.

Yeah, we are so brainwashed in America living in our big homes driving around in our big cars living the good life.

Sorry, I don't listen to Jewish owned media, except for movies and shows like Disney.

In Islam a female gets raped every second. They don't call it rape because the old man molesting the young girl is, incredibly, her husband, having bought her from her father.

Islam is still practicing slavery to this day.

answering-islam.org...

Um, yes, Indonesia was taken by force and treachery.

www.islam-watch.org...

When attacked and massacred by the Muslims, the Buddhists initially did not make any attempt to escape from their murderers. They accepted death with an air of fatalism and destiny. And hence they are not around today to tell their story. But their mindless slaughter evoked another and extremely opposite reaction from another set of Buddhists. This was also the most dramatic one so far – the Mongol invasion of Iran and Iraq by Chengiz Khan and his son Hulagu Khan. These Mongols were some sort of Buddhists by faith, whose homeland had been suffering the depredations of the Muslims for six centuries (from 651 to 1200) when the Buddhist Mongols decided that enough was enough and decided to pay back the Muslims with their own coin – with due premium added! The Mongols slaughtered the Muslims of Iran and Iraq with unremitting cruelty. The Mongols laid waste the countryside, burnt down cities slaughtered the Muslim population en masse, including the Caliph himself!.

The difference between the U.S. and Islamic countries is that here we punish the rapist, while in Islam they punish the woman for allowing herself to be raped.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
See the above post that's what i was hoping for
However you may continue as you wish though

If you don't want view points in opposition to your own, then why are you starting a discussion? You have been brainwashed by "Avatar" it seems. This world will never have any peace, its always going to be a battlefield. You may want to live your life happily in peace and quiet, while shaking your head at those who fight against other cultures trying to change ours. One day they will affect you though too. You can be as tolerant as you want and many of these invading cultures will respect you for it as they grow in acceptance; then one day they will start telling you how to live and dress, and eat, and pray. They won't remember your tolerance as they gain power. If you're a women, expect to be eating with the children and animals. If you're a Christian expect to be killed for your beliefs. If your a normal white guy, expect to be barraged with legal penalties for all sorts of hate speech laws.

I would rather have a Christian knocking at my door, or a Hindu teaching a yoga class, or a Buddist ...doing whatever Buddas do, or an American Indians dancing around a big awesome fire, then a muslim chasing my wife and children around with a machette for showing their nose.

I'm telling you, all of this is quickly headed down the turnpike. Jump on the new ARC, that is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and don't wait for this flood to start.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Fierce and persistent Hindu resistance to the Islamic Jihad prevented the complete Islamization of India

Unlike the complete Islamization of Persia, Egypt, Mesopotamia, Turkey, North Africa, the Islamization of India was never complete. After more than one millennium of Muslim Tyranny from 715 up to 1761, more than 70 percent of the population of India remained Hindu. This was NOT due to any Muslim charity or benevolence, since the murderous and savage beastlike Muslims have none of these characteristics.

The Muslim tyranny in India was as blood-thirsty and insidious as it was in all parts of the globe that were unfortunate to be trampled by the Jihadis. The Hindus suffered initial setbacks due to the innocuous but ill-founded belief amongst them, as amongst all other non-Muslims, that the Muslims too were normal human beings, who would after a victory, settle down to govern the defeated population. But the Muslims were, and still are, compulsively paranoid mass murderers who can be outmatched only by someone who are themselves doubly compulsively paranoid mass murderers as compared to the Muslims. And only when such a mentality will prevail over Islam, can all the Muslims who infest our planet be neutralized either through their death or their conversion to any faith other than Islam. Only this way can our beautiful planet be saved from Islam.

The Crusaders were one example of such a mentality; as were the Franks (Feringhees or Firangis) under Charles Martel and the Mongols led by Hulagu Khan, who were the last such example. Hence only the Crusaders, the Franks and the Mongols could prevail over the Muslims and that too only as long as they nurtured and effectively used against the Muslims a mentality of being more compulsively paranoid mass murderers of the Muslims than the Muslim themselves are against all non-Muslims.

Unfortunately the Muslims till today are compulsively paranoid mass murderers, as their ancestors have been for fourteen centuries ever since that lecherous and heinous heathen Mohammed-ibn-abdallah founded the murderous cult of Islam in the year 622 C.E.

So as in all parts of the world which the Muslims destroyed with their tyrannical policies motivated by their murderous creed, in India too the Hindus suffered mass murders, rape, and destruction of their places of worship at the hands of the invaders. And the Hindus too were not, and still are not till today, compulsively paranoid mass murderers of the Muslims as were the Crusaders, the Franks or the Mongols. But in India, the only difference there was that once the nightmare of Muslim tyranny began, the Hindus grew wiser relatively faster than most of the other unfortunate victims of the Islamic Jihad and started paying back the Muslims in their own coin, although belatedly and only intermittently.

www.historyofjihad.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Also, the Christian fundies WANT you to hate Muslims, so that we dont all HATE Christians for their evil practices and hypocritical ways. Fundie Christians want us to HATE everyone but them, so that we give them MONEY, and brainspace. When they deserve neither. Bare in mind that most of the U.S government is made up of Christian fundies and a few Jewish folk.

Another false-flagger.
Hey war-monger, name me some examples of these "Christians fundies" hating Muslims. Cite something to back up your rant.
Or is it that you just assume that's how it is 'cause you WANT it to be that way?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Hahahahahh you think the Mongols attacked Muslims because they got tired of the Muslim conquests in Mongol territory? You're out of your damn mind HAHAHAH

Thanks for the good laugh.

Nobody in their right mind would want to live in Mongolia, that's why even today its the least populated country in the world, capita per land. China has the largest population in the world, and even they wouldn't dream of living there, despite being right next door, and the mongols having no military whatsoever.

Hell, even the Russians don't want it, despite sharing a border. Nobody wants Mongolia.

The Mongols first wanted to establish trade via their trade route to Europe with the Muslims, but the Caliph was stupid and usurped the Mongol caravan that was sent. Although it was a stupid atrocity on his part, it was in his own kingdom, not during a conquest to Mongolia. Khan decided that the massacre of his caravan was an act of war, and took vengeance on the Muslims, which they rightfully earned.

Go back to reading more of your lies and propaganda, but if you decide to, you can go read a history book instead and learn what really happened.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
The Mongols first wanted to establish trade via their trade route to Europe with the Muslims, but the Caliph was stupid and usurped the Mongol caravan that was sent. Although it was a stupid atrocity on his part, it was in his own kingdom, not during a conquest to Mongolia. Khan decided that the massacre of his caravan was an act of war, and took vengeance on the Muslims, which they rightfully earned.

Go back to reading more of your lies and propaganda, but if you decide to, you can go read a history book instead and learn what really happened.

There always seems to be an enormous gap in Muslim history.

Significant world changing events either happened in the past few decades or over a thousand years ago.

The European based Western world has changed radically since the days of the Caliphate. Advances in technology, transportation, science, medicine, governance. The nominally Christian world is freed from the politics and control fo the Church, people choose their leaders, there is universal education, men and women have equal rights, the poor are aken care of, etc. Change is embraced not disparaged.

What happened to the Muslim world in those missing thousand years?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pujols5
Hey this is surprising, it comes as no surprise that most americans are plain and simple brainwashed. As another poster pointed out, americans get their info on islam and other religions from JEWISH NEWS STATIONS. the fact that 96% of the world'smedia is owned by jews, should come as no surprise as to why the majority of americans don't even have the lightese clue on islam.

With all due respect to the person who married a muslim man, or the person who helped the muslim girl pack and leave her family, THAT IS NOT ISLAM, I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO SAY THAT. There are muslim people but problems arise for all sort of people, just because you witnessed a problem between muslims doesn't mean that is what islam promotes. Same goes for the lady who married an egyptian man.

If you want i can post every crime that happens in thus, and blame it on christianity. would you like that? ya didn't think so. If you want you can post all crimes done by muslims, and i'll post crimes done by christians, we'l see who comes out on top. This is for everyone. I can easily post the stat of the women in america who gets RAPED EVERY 3 MNNUTES. People have to stop listening to the jewish media.

Can you please explain to us what you mean by "Jewish Media" ?
Is there a "Hindu Media" ? How about an "Agnostic Media"...?

The issue is which faiths are more likely to integrate and respect the new culture they have moved into. Statistically, Muslims have more difficulty integrating in foreign nations and cultures than Christians or Jews. This does not mean they are bad people, but it does show that adherents of Islam are much more resistant to embracing and complementing nations with non-Muslim majorities.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Can you please explain to us what you mean by "Jewish Media"

"Jewish Media" means a Neo-Nazi website posted a list of Jewish names in America media and made up some number, I think 96%, of all media being Jewish controlled.

They ignored actual facts like Hollywood studios being owned by international multinational conglomerates, not film producers or authors. That most companies are publicly traded. That there is an international media in Asia, Europe and elsewhere where Jews are underrepresented or almost non-existent. I don't think Al-Jazeera has too many Jews.

Jew-hating conspiracists prefer their recycled fantasy and fiction to facts.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Unfortunately we hate what we don't understand...

Kinda like MSM teaching us to shoot & kill aliens if they ever show up.
We also sometimes hate what has tried to kill us.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Here is my point on the muslim world:
I grew up in the midwest a child of a military father, so I had to pay attention to what was going on in the world. I knew nothing of the muslim world or its people beyond what was reported on the news. Most Americans, from my age, remember the incident in the Olympics when Muslim radicals took and killed the Israelie olympic team, then there was the bombings and the wars that happened in the middle east. And the Iranian Hostage crisis. Mind you that I did not pay attention to what all was going on. As I grew up, I did learn more about the muslim world, especially from a historical perspective. I remember learning that at one time the Muslim countries were at the forefront of the scientific and mathematical world, when the rest of Europe was in the dark ages. But these days, what I see, and have experienced, is that the muslim communtities where I live expect the rest of the neighborhood to cater to them, no matter what it is, there is no reaching out on their part, keeping to themselves in one matter or another. And when they get upset with a person it is to the point of harassement against people who would just rather live and let live. When you use religion as an excuse to commit some of the most vial inhumane actions, then publicly display it, what do you expect the reaction to be? From beheading people and posting it to destroying cultural places cause they find such offensive. The actions of a few have given the religion a bad name, and the rest of the world can only look and take a step back, not sure on if it is worth the effort to get to know them, or even learn about their culture.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord
reply to post by poet1b

Well yes.

Sort of when he stated "In my country, it is a husband's right to have sex with his wife whenever he wants". To which i replied "but you're in My country now, and it's my right to have you arrested for rape."

Needless to say, it was not a very long relationship.

Interestingly enough though, he and his "friends" seemed to be under the impression that they did not need to learn English to live here, and that being married here, while still married in their home countries, was perfectly acceptable.

Despite what flames may come, I need to differentiate between Americans who become Muslims from Muslims immigrating here strictly for money. That sort really are trash, and I will defend that opinion to the death.

They sound much like the gang rapists in Sydney and Melbourne from the early 2000's. Complete utter disregard for the women they raped, speaking arabic to each other as they drove them from rape house to rape house, violence, weapons, and the little scumbag who got 50+ years for organising it has never shown any remorse and infact terrorised his victims from his prison cell.

Or the other mob who pack raped girls and then said that they had no idea it was wrong to do so, as it's ok where they come from.

And we're the bad guys when we get sick of it to the point we march in the streets... Oh I mean, when all the racist nazis riot in the streets.

On that, 1 night of 5000-7000 people marching after years of provocation, and we're the bad guys, and there is nary a word said about the 6-7 days of shootings, burnings, bashings, attacks, beatings, attempted rape that went on with car load apon car load of people who despise anything to do with Australia.

Ugh, now Im in a mood, lol... gotta go shopping.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

At the end of the day i'm sure you can agree that there are more similarities between judaism and islam than there are differences. Perhaps this explains that dynamic.

Please don't take this the wrong way but they often look similar too, not facial structures but rather beards and stuff.

Thoughts?

My thought is that it probably isnt looks, after all the Ashkenazi Jewish do not look any different (or little different) than any other group of Europeans.

My thoughts are that it could have something to do with the fact that if you are 50 years old or younger, you have probably heard a lot of negative things said about your country, (America) because of its involvement in the middle east.

I have heard my whole life about Judaism, Islam, and how the two and their conflict over whom God wants to have that little strip of land have cost my country tons of money and good reputation around the world. Add to that the fact that they are both not the most PC religions, (Judaism is a bit racist with the whole "Gods chosen people" thing and Islam is quite misogynistic) and they just seem destined to be unpopular in America. (Radical Christianity isnt much better, but at least we are not at war over it atm, except on the airwaves, and the large body of moderate Christians in this country acts as an antidote for the fanatics)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It's a terrible mistake to judge the whole of any society based on a few radicals you encounter.

I was raised as a Christian and taught from the first I can remember to love and respect my neighbors no matter who they are. That is the truth about mainstream Christianity. As with any Faith, there are radicals and it may seem they represent the majority but the fact is they are just loud and obnoxious enough it makes people think that.

When a bad person uses their Faith as an excuse, it is generally a lie because, well, they are bad people. They don't practice their Faith even though they claim it.

I've encountered more Bigotry and Hate on ATS than I've ever seen in society anywhere I've been. ATS seems to attract them.

It's easy to spot the real Bigots, the real bad people, because they obsess on these topics and constantly post these topics, while those without such hatreds don't give it a thought most of the time. You know, the majority of us.

There are evil people in all Faiths including Atheism. Often they are the worst because they hate simply because they can not force others to their point of view. They express their hatred through law suits, harassment, name calling and all manner of bad behavior. Then they have the nerve to label all people of Faith based on the actions of people just like them, who happen to claim falsely to be members of a Faith.

I've never had any trouble accepting or socializing with people of any Faith or any Race because of my Christian background, but there are those who are the true haters who while practicing open bigotry themselves, would not accept the truth.

Look at those who run around filled with hate for all people of Faith. They are the epitome of hatred and bigotry. They are incapable of accepting and living with those who are different than them. Those who scream the loudest are the most guilty has proven itself many times over. Sadly many of them don't even realize it is they who are the problem. It is they who are intolerant. It is they who slander and defame based on lies and false logic. It is they who pose the greatest risk to society as they attempt to force their views on everyone else and attack people who simply want to live and let live.

The Internet has become their hate vehicle of choice because they can hide behind avatars and fake names while they spew their vile lies and practice their intolerance. I pity some because they are not even aware it is they who are what they so readily label others as being.

If you are a Christian who hates Muslims, your not a Christian and you are the problem.

If you are a Muslim who hates Christians, your not a Muslim and you are the problem.

If you are an Atheist who hates people who believe in God simply because you don't, you are the bigot, you are the problem.

***Note: When I'm using the first person here I'm not referring to the thread author or an particular individual.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

I really do not enjoy living in a society with people whose objectives are to destroy my culture and replace it with their own. Anyone who says that is not their objective is either fooling themselves or trying to fool me.

*chuckles* So the Christians haven't done the same thing? And Catholics? Don't tell the Mexicans because their ancestors (central americans) got wiped out and replaced with spanish culture.

Damn, so i've been sending my money to Pat Robertson for the wrong reasons!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I've encountered more Bigotry and Hate on ATS than I've ever seen in society anywhere I've been. ATS seems to attract them.

It's easy to spot the real Bigots, the real bad people, because they obsess on these topics and constantly post these topics, while those without such hatreds don't give it a thought most of the time. You know, the majority of us.

Amen to that.

Funny, race and background were never a big issue for me before I started participating on this site and looking around the Internet.

I was always aware there are haters out there, but one rarely if ever had to confront them or listen to their diatribes.

Most people I've met, and I've lived in a lot of places, are usually friendly and pleased to share their cultures and viewpoints. It's the differences that make people from other cultures interesting - not unlikable.

A friend of mine says the Internet attracts the socially incapable. It creates a sens of a community for the hostile, the disenfranchised, the antisocial, the paranoid, the schizophrenic. It sounded like an exaggeration when I first heard it, but I've come around to accepting this viewpoint more and more.

I originally came to this site to for alternative sources of information and new insights. But I end up spending an inordinate amount of time trying to counter what I consider aggressive disinformation tactics and the spewing of hatred.

I expect there are a lot of kids around here still working out parental authority issues. I'd hate to think some of the more mean-spirited people posting incessantly actually have their own families and children.

It takes all kinds, I guess. But I've learned there are many of people out there with a lot of resentment that needs working out.

M

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
*chuckles* So the Christians haven't done the same thing? And Catholics? Don't tell the Mexicans because their ancestors (central americans) got wiped out and replaced with spanish culture.

Did the South Americans LIKE it when the Christians and Catholics did it to them? Because if they didnt, then they were in exactly the same boat as the person you are replying to. They perceive someone trying to take over their culture and they dont LIKE it. Christianity did displace the South American religions, I dont think the poster was arguing that. But then Christianity also displaced the indigenous European religions and cultures too. But we dont discuss that much.

Originally posted by cenpuppie
Damn, so i've been sending my money to Pat Robertson for the wrong reasons!

You mean there is a right reason to send Pat Robertson money?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Every Muslim person is required to pay charity to the poor, for one.
But just because they do not follow western style of government, does that mean they need to change? Who are you to tell another country what they need to do? That is up to their own people.

And BTW, who brought the west out of the dark ages? It was the science that they learned from the Muslim scholars.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spinladen

What sort of Taqiyya is this !!! I see through your tom foolery, I ain't no stoopid kafir..

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by mmiichael

Every Muslim person is required to pay charity to the poor, for one.
But just because they do not follow western style of government, does that mean they need to change? Who are you to tell another country what they need to do? That is up to their own people.

And BTW, who brought the west out of the dark ages? It was the science that they learned from the Muslim scholars.

Check your calendar. Mine says 2010. It's the 21st Century.

What you call Western style governments is the way most of the people in the world choose to live. India, Japan, Korea, most of Asia, Eastern Europe, most of Africa - even inroads in Russia and China.

It's called representative governments. Men and women all have equal voting rights. Religion cannot supersede politics or law. Education is non-religious. All people have the same rights regardless of race, colour, creed. No forms of slavery or diminished status are permitted. Sexual freed, choice of sexual orientation. And on and on.

Much abuse and corruption. But a system in place to enforce and protect personal freedoms for all members of society, especially children.

Does the Muslim World offer that with a developed infrastructure for enforcement of human rights?

And on the alleged Muslim scholars and their contributions. Ah, excuse me. A thousand years ago? Are we talking about the Moors taking classical Greek learning from centuries before and transporting it across North Africa?

Exactly what are their new contributions? I hear about them, but no one seems to be able to find any of them.

If they exist what did the Muslim world remain so socially and technologically backward and lack progressive education systems for so all those centuries. Why if the Muslims represent 25% of the world's population and have so much resource wealth is there not one major University anywhere in the Middle East except for the 4 in Israel?

Where are those supposed contributions to science, arts, philosophy, technology, etc? Anything really contributed to the world by Muslim scholars or scientists in a thousand years? Commentaries on the Koran?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I am not suprised at this statement. I am not one to 'hate' on any race or relgion, but, events locally and nationally along with my own research, has lead me to beleive that I am hated by Muslims, My country is hated by Muslims, and that Muslims want us to all die and go to hell essentially, so I do not have any love for them, that is for sure. And they are the only reigious group or race that I feel this way about. I know that not all Muslims are not radical and do not wish death and dishonor to Americans, but I do not know who is who within thier religion, so I suppose I do not hate all Muslims, only the ones who want my family dead, and want my country to fail.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join