It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 Bank Failures Expected in 2010, Good Riddance!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The only bank I trust is the one I sleep on at night.

Stop spending what you don't have and stop giving them any savings too. The interest on savings is pathetic considering how much profit it makes that YOU never see.

One credit card for emergencies is all you NEED.

I wish they would ALL go out of business, but the smaller branches going under is just going to make everyday small town people redundant and add to an increasing problem.

Keep talking about it, but I ACTED years ago.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra

Its easy to view the banks as some evil entity. The truth is that they can only get away with what the government lets them.

I agree with you in part, but where I feel this is different for banks is in how they have manipulated the political system, either through lobbying, direct action (look at all the former GS people in the US Treasury) or plain and simple bribery.

The amounts of money involved can motivate many people who thought they were beyond the influence of this kind of thing.

While I have no proof, I am quite certain that the tentacles of GS and the like reach deeply into the pockets of the families of the political elite.

These entities are leaches on society - they don't make anything - they just sit in the middle and syphon of funds from legitimate business activities. Anything that these banks support should be looked on with great suspicion. I am a conservationist, but am highly sceptical of carbon trading schemes simply because the investment banks are the main people clamouring for carbon markets to be introduced. The key word is market - they'll be able to sit in the middle once again and steal more wealth from legitimate enterprise.

Sure, they are very smart - they've come up with so many esoteric ways to create money that I don't think anybody really understands it in full. Being smart however, does not mean they are benevolent. It's only my opinion, however I feel the sooner we are rid of these banks the better - but there's too many snouts in the trough to expect our politicians to act. They'll keep the good times rolling as long as they can, putting your tax dollars in their buddies pockets until it all comes tumbling down.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

Well I life in Holland and I can always grow some M@#$%^%&ana plants in my backyard. But yeah the system in a whole is wrong not just the banks. I think it would be a great start to get rid of all the central banks so that all the country's are without debt.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

We'll see.

You only have to look at past events to see that this is'nt the first time this has happened and it wont be the last. As for a move towards a global economy. Who knows. Give me some proof and i might be inclined to believe you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join