It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese villagers hail teen killer as hero

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That's debatable. First we have to assume the democratic process isnt corrupt. If it is not then we're still left with the reality that until a majority of the voting mass is being overtly terrorized they will never legally change the regime.

In the meantime there is a minority who is regularly terrorized, threatened, beaten, imprisoned, etc.. for committing no crimes. For them simply being alive in America warrants a life of misery and pain. And the majority of the voting mass is perfectly fine with it. Many go so far as to love it and cheer it on.

What is this democratic or lawful method of change worth when it relies on the voting mass to happen? A mass whose life is dictated by an "as long as it isnt happening to me" philosophy.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Who is this "minority" you are refering to.

Further, if people decide to vote out a candiate they are voted out.

That you don't get your way because slightly more people voted for a person still isn't the same. You still get represenation. You still have minority rights. You still have the ability to campaign and speak against the person who is in. The person elected still has defined period of time to govern, after which they are required to seek new mandate from their voters.

If you think that it is even close to the same as unchecked bureaucratic goverenance with no limitations and no recall - it is a sign you are spoiled.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Who is this "minority" you are refering to.

And this is a sign you are blind. Intentionally or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Which minority of citizens does not have rights to run as a politician, to vote, to get legal representation, to own lands? Who is it. Please enlighten me as to who this group is.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

None of us can own land. We're always renting under threat of confiscation.

Sure, we can run for office of some sort. But as I said earlier when you're up against the voting mass of "at least it's not me" you can never win. Let's say against all odds you do win. What's it worth when you're in a room where the other 98% of the "law makers" are there representing that greater voting mass. Put another way, how does the sheep representative convince the wolves to stop feeding off his constituents? Asking politely?

As to who the minority is it's every small farmer. Every rural resident. Not rural in the city sense of a town having 5,000 people in it but still being thought of as rural but real rural. The genuine article rural. The people who dont cause any harm to anyone and would just assume disappear altogether who are under constant harassment by armed federal agents kicking in their doors and confiscating their stock because simply being born here entitles the governing entity to rape you at will.

The crimes are no different here than in China. It's just that so many of us have grown fat and dumb on our artificial lifestyle of perpetual vacation. So much so that the complaining poor asking for handouts still eat Big Mac's, have cable television and air conditioning and often times a car. These mock poor get all the attention while the real victims are ignored, killed and imprisoned everyday.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
And what are these federal agents knocking in your doors for?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Generally, to collect the 'rent.' To them it's often worth killing for.

Other times it's because you gave some milk and eggs to a neighbor who happened to be a fed and the FDA puts a gun to your head for not having your 6 chickens inspected.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I share a close connection with everyone as we all are on a single tiny planet

I have keen interest in South Asia/ Middle East so I try too keep myself updated and data mine almost everyday.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So you don't pay your bills, and think that this means your are being tyrannized.

That's JUST like living in a place where you haven't any legal representation against the government.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It's not "you're bills" you arent paying. Bills would imply you have entered a contract for goods or services.

We're talking about an entity using overwhelming force to claim ownership of your property.

How can a man with no money, no job, no bank account, no electricity or car or running water have "bills" ? All he has is his land. His families land. Then one day you get a letter from nowhere stating "pay X amount or we take your land."

How is that anything but tyranny?

Youre ignorance of this reality so many are dying under leads you to simplify the plight and pass it off as something akin to being a "deadbeat".

An attitude that prevails among the voting mass. Which comes back to reinforce everything I have said.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Imminent domain only applies occassionally, and not significantly in an area where there is no currently development.

Since you are also compensated, it further does not met the same criteria as the said villiagers above. In any way.

Go buy the land next door.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Rationalizing the actions of a tyrant. That's a slave mind. Voting mass.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sensibility dictates that we do not live in a social vacuum. That necessitates some framework. For our mutual protection.

You are compensated for your inconvenience. This is a far cry from slavery. You my dear are VERY spoiled.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by Aeons

What is the compensation for having your son shot in the back as he run from a federal sniper? Or your wife shot in the head while she cradles your infant daughter?

I suppose the gov could cut a check and write in the memo line "you can always marry again and have another kid."

This fed in its actions is no different from any other dictatorial regime. It's just that the West is "cool" as it torches farm land and kills children.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What other exceptions can one make for a killer?

He killed our leader, now he is revered?

No more communists?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join