It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Images Large Spherical Objects Inside Corona of SUN

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogi22
Check out this one from today, again two "objects" in the same places as the pic from the 23rd this month. One at 11 oclock and one at 4.
Compression artifacts in the same places?

Now your on to something it seems. Too confident to look myself, if proven then what will they come up with to explain this? Just another minor annoyance easily explained away.

This posted on that "other" forum and I think quite pertinent to all discussion of things too big for the people to know -

If you believe that the Government is full of honest people who would never lie, or hide anything from you. Sure it's just dust specks. You can go back to your life. Nothing to see here.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by skepticantiseptic]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Exo
These are some ones I managed to save.

I went back to find these photos, and they have been changed to these

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
OK, well now I am puzzled. Project_expo's links. His original one was on Jan 23 @ 12:06:01. Now when you go to Stereo on that date & time you see that the time stamp of 12:03:01 is no longer there AND you can see that the site was Last Revised: Wednesday, 27-Jan-2010 00:24:48 EST. I smell a rat.

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
Err, what the.....!!!!

Surley after seeing that image the case is closed . Obviously data malfunction of some kind. Can anyone get that picture loaded on to this thread for all to see. I would but am on smart phone. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Colin Andrews asked NASA "What are they?"
This is the NASA reply

Dear Mr. Andrews - (Sorry not to make this more original, but we've had a number of questions about these features since the Deep Space Network Central Data Recorder (CDR) failure last week, and this is a cut-and-paste that I've been using to reply to a lot of them.
No disrespect intended, but very busy currently with writing proposals for a Senior Review that decides whether to continue funding our missions.
Please let me know if this isn't comprehensible.)
What you're seeing are compression artifacts, highly magnified. We have to compress the images digitally in order to keep a good rate of taking them and still be able to telemeter them back (across an increasing distance, which weakens the signal and limits how much data we can send per unit time) to earth.
The images you are looking at in the video are "space weather beacon mode" images that are telemetered down nearly continuously: stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... in near-realtime, and are both binned (undersampled spatially, down to 512 x 512 pixels) and heavily, lossily compressed digitally onboard (analogous to the various JPEG compression settings on a digital camera, but much more severe). Then they're made available on the Website in a variety of magnifications or "upresings" which only magnify the artifacts.
Usually, by now (that is, three days or more after the data were obtained), we'd have the full-resolution (2048 x 2048 pixel) images, which are much less heavily, but still lossily, compressed, and are played back to a Deep Space Network (DSN) ground station via the high-gain antenna on one of the STEREO spacecraft. Unfortunately, a piece of ground hardware at DSN failed, and we're only now catching up on the full-resolution data from January 18 onward --- except the lower-resolution (512 x 512) beacon mode data.

People first started seeing the odd images around that date, when there was a moderate solar energetic particle event, but those up-resed images have now been replaced on the SSC Website with the full resolution ones. DSN has caught us up to January 20, the last time I checked.
The compression artifacts are particularly obvious when a particle (cosmic ray or solar energetic, charged particle) hits the CCD detector on the spacecraft head-on. (Grazing hits show up as bright streaks.) The compression scheme has a hard time mathematically representing sharp, single- or few-pixel features, and you get a characteristic pattern of a bright dot in the middle of a compression block (a subsection of the image) surrounded by a pattern of dark dots.
Best, Joe Gurman (Dr.) Joseph B. Gurman STEREO Project Scientist

Well thats the official explanation anyway

[edit on 27-1-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

I JUST SAW, WITH MY OWN EYES, THAT IMAGE BEING CHANGED.

The image no longer has the anomalies...

Can't explain... can anyone?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A Very Scary Hypothesis

I got to thinking last night and have come to a very unsettling conclusion. So frightening that I thought, maybe I should share this. Well here it goes. Let us suppose for just one moment that these objects are indeed, alien craft of immense proportions. First, being so large we would expect there to be many aliens on board. Being so large maybe the aliens are indeed themselves large. Now for a couple of scientific facts to bolster this hypothesis:

1. No one knows how we got on this planet, there is no missing link.
2. Every few thousand years it appears our planet goes through some catastrophe. For example, what happened to Atlantis?

Now consider this question, what and where is the largest food source in our solar system? After all, these aliens have got to eat, and everyone knows carnivorous species are by far the most intelligent. So now consider where we would be in 100,000 years, we would need to eat would we not? Would we not have massive cattle farms (the size of planets for example) to breed our food? We would be able to put our cattle on a planet and let them breed until such time they are ready to harvest. We may have lots of these breeding planets. As for Aliens already being here, well, every flock needs a shepherd. As for taking our place at the galactic table, I just pray it’s not the galactic dinner table. Suppose these craft are so large they contain the giants. There have been throughout history, stories of giants. You know what springs to mind, Jack and the Beanstalk, and we are Jack! This would make a great movie, just hope it doesn’t turn into reality.

Kind Regards All

Heads Up

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Genuine_UFOs

Hate to say this, but the idea of yours isnt new. Its been the driving force behind many works of fiction , and has been mentioned in relation to cattle mutilations.
However, I think before we get to the subject of who the pilots are, we might be better off concentrating our efforts on confirming the presence of these objects and thier authenticity . That would seem a more pressing matter for the moment , would you not agree?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just chill out the STAR known as the SUN has somthing that cannot be filtered out to present soon enjoy!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 1/27/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Pardon? I do not understand your post.
2nd ---------

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Genuine_UFOs

Hate to say this, but the idea of yours isnt new. Its been the driving force behind many works of fiction , and has been mentioned in relation to cattle mutilations.
However, I think before we get to the subject of who the pilots are, we might be better off concentrating our efforts on confirming the presence of these objects and thier authenticity . That would seem a more pressing matter for the moment , would you not agree?

Yes I would agree. I have not heard this hypothesis anywhere else, but I am not at all surprised that this has been said elsewhere. I had a mad dream last night about this and had to get up at 4 o'clock in the morning, I could not get back to sleep. I consider myself a level headed person, but after recent happenings I am starting to wonder if this is indeed the case!

There have been so many recent events going on it is hard to keep up, and also hard to take a step back and approach things in a scientific manner. The recent events in the primary schools in the UK concerns me also.

Regards

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by the.lights
Err, what the.....!!!!

Surely after seeing that image the case is closed . Obviously data malfunction of some kind. Can anyone get that picture loaded on to this thread for all to see. I would but am on smart phone. Cheers.

Not to worry. Clearly these are the same anomalies.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
NASA Hide something...

If NASA was going to hide something don't you think they'd retouch pics like these to make anomalies disappear rather than cover or delete pixels leaving their position obvious?

Heck!, I could do it in less than 5 minutes.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

How about this: I downloaded before scrubbing, and other members posted this same image so they hopefully did too:

And now it looks like this (notice time stamp):

Link to the "cleaned up" image on STEREO:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have been following this thread since day one. It caused me to dealve into the archives at stereo myself and decide to actually become a member of this site instead of just a random addict! and since i'm on Vacation this week! I've spent a heck of a long time staring at images of the sun!...I'm currently in the process of putting together a collection of images from January 26/2010. I have no clue what i'm looking at but i have to say am pretty convinced theres something up @ the sun. Will post shortly.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

See.....5 minutes.

NASA logs on to ATS too.

And if these were objects and not image errors, wouldn't the highlights appear at a rotation more anticlockwise to what we see in the 1st pic instead of the light coming from directly below?

[edit on 27/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

And if these were objects and not image errors, wouldn't the highlights appear at a rotation more anticlockwise to what we see in the 1st pic instead of the light coming from directly below?

No, because the sensors on the STEREO satellites are in the EUV (extreme Ultraviolet) range of light, not visible. If you look at the image, the apparent reflections are coming from the sunspot below, around the edge of the sun, the brightest source of EUV in that area.

Link to prior post with info link to the satellite sensor construction

Check the "B" satellite images around the same time, you can see the EUV brightness from that sunspot.

Edit to add: if they were image errors, or cosmic rays/particles, the effects would be more random, not all ellipses with UV reflective surfaces all in the same plane and direction.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Has anyone assembled the sequential images into an animated movie yet? Looks like several dozen photos, perhaps a little animation would shed some new light (so to speak).

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/27/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sorry guys, it's just compression artifacts.

If it was a "planet sized" object that close to the Sun it would be lit up brighter than the moon, mercury, venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, and almost all the planets. We would see it from Earth.

However the object is not very bright at all. It doesn't even look lit by the Sun. The "highlight" that you would see reflecting off the object should be facing towards the Sun, but I don't see any of that. The lighting is all wrong...

In the image, all I see is square compression artifacts from lossy compression.

Compression is used to make the file size of an image or data packet smaller so it can be sent at a faster rate. A very simple way to do that with images is to reduce the amount of colors in an image.

Ex:

0,0,0 is the R,G,B value for black.

2,2,2, is not exactly black but looks black... it is a very very dark grey.

A way to compress an image would be to turn all the 2,2,2 into 0,0,0 because they are a "nearest match". They might as well be black because nobody could really tell the difference. However you "lose" some data doing that, you lose the 2's. That is lossy compression.

Turning the 2,2,2 into 0,0,0 allows them to reduce the total amount of colors in the image. Reducing the total amount of colors in the image allows them to compress the data even further.

So if they had 2 black pixels, and 2 dark dark grey pixels that look black, they have this:

000 000 222 222

They could "compress" those 12 numbers, by sending this:

0[6] 2[6]

Which means 0 x 6 = 000 000 and 2 x 6 = 222 222.

Or they can turn then 222's into 000's (reduce the amount of colors) and send this:

0[12]

Which means 0 x 12 = 000 000 000 000

0[12] is less data, and can be sent faster than 0[6]2[6] can be sent.

However, when you turn 0[12] back into a picture, it doesn't look the same as when you turn 0[6]2[6] back into a picture. There is lost data, the 2's. So it makes an artifact that wasn't originally there at all.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just read up on lossy compression, and you will see how artifacts are created by the compression of the data.

It has already been stated by another member and NASA that the images that show this "UFO" are from streaming images, like a live video. In order to actually accomplish that stream you have to send a lot of images in a small amount of time which requires a very fast connection, or really good compression. The compressed images will arrive faster than the uncompressed images. So they use compressed images to view the real time data, but wait for the uncompressed data to arrive to do real analysis.

The compressed data which shows the "UFO" is just for reference and should not be used to support any belief of their being "UFO's" near the Sun the size of a planet.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Some of us are aware of the properties of artifacts due to compression errors and external "lens flares", "cosmic rays hitting the CCD" etc. Please show examples of how this really looks compared to the three objects imaged simultaneously in the above photos (the top one of my most recent post).

[edit on 27-1-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join