It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Images Large Spherical Objects Inside Corona of SUN

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowkhas
If you've followed it from day one, you'd see that those exact same types of images are due to the processing methods NASA use. Here's the high resolution, non-beacon mode image.
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Please reread the thread, as you seem to have missed some information that would have helped you. The things you've circled can be clearly seen as simple hot spots on the CCD. (Those more informed than I, I hope I'm using the right terminology here.)

Near enough! The 'hot spots' are almost certainly HEP (High Energy Proton) strikes. These very energetic little particles hit the sensor at high speed, and cause the pixel well to 'fire' and give an overexposed spot on the sensor. Because the images are low-resolution, use aggressive enhancement (sharpening and contrast), and are heavily compressed to allow data streaming, such bright spots get little haloes around them, and give the appearance (to amateurs) of being spheres, or 'metallic'.

That type of amateur will not, of course, be bothered to read the entire thread, and will prefer to just keep posting ignorantly and repeating images already discussed.

See above for examples...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
@CHRLZ

I've been viewing the SOHO images for years now and I've never noticed anything like these anomalies in any other images. I've had a bit of a scan through the soho archive today specifically looking for some and I still couldn't find any.

My question is dead simple (dead pixel, get it? lol).... if these are artifacts of image processing as you describe then why aren't they in pretty much all the images? They should be there all the time if that's the case, surely?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

Ok if I respond?
The images come from the STEREO satellites not SOHO. The STEREO satellites do not transmit data in the same manner. These compression artifacts appear very frequently in the "beacon mode" (low quality) images which are first received from the satellites. When the full resolution images are received they replace the low quality images.

Shown here are the latest SECCHI beacon images. The STEREO space weather beacon telemetry mode is a very low rate, highly compressed data stream broadcast by the spacecraft 24 hours per day. These data are used for space weather forecasting. Because of the large compression factors used, these beacon images are of much lower quality than the actual science data.

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Here is a current beacon mode image from STEREO B, complete with compression artifacts.

[edit on 2/1/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I wonder why NASA doesn't photoshop these anomalies out of the images, they have never been slow to do it before?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
I wonder why NASA doesn't photoshop these anomalies out of the images, they have never been slow to do it before?

You really do have very selective listening skills, don't you?

THE IMAGES ARE AUTOMATICALLY REPLACED after the full data stream is received and properly processed.

EXPERIENCED observers KNOW that. The anomalies are simply replaced by much higher resolution images that show the tiny hot pixels without the added haloes/artefacts.

I challenge you, Mott, to point out an anomaly on the original low-res images that does not perfectly align with 'trigger' hot-pixels on the high res images.

Nobody else has been able to do that, so go on, make yourself a hero. Specific links, saved images, with date and time info.

To Phage - thanks for that - feel free!

If I may add.. eightfold, if you are an avid SOHO fan, then you would certainly have seen many, many HEP or cosmic/gamma ray strilkes - there are plenty of examples of huge storms of them in the Best Of galleries (Lasco C3 images, mostly).

Some posts back I gave a demonstration of the sort of processing that causes such 'hot pixels' to turn into little spheres or haloed shapes. If you do that to the SOHO images (reduce size, enhance contrast, sharpen, compress and enlarge) emulating the data streaming that Stereo does (but SOHO doesn't), then you can make the SOHO images show spheres as well...

Like I said, just save some of the incoming low-res Stereo images, then wait for a while (lately it has only been a few days, but it may be longer depending on the schedule) until they are replaced by the high-resolution ones. Look carefully at the two images (make sure they are the same date and time!) and you will see the 'hot pixels' (HEP strikes) that cause the 'anomalies.

It's easy to do.

=====

By the way, I've just saved a copy of that low-res (beacon) image Phage linked to, including its 'spheres'. When the high resolution one comes in, let's invite Mott back to have a little discussion with actual examples.

Ok with you, Mott?

[edit on 1-2-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You don't own the images. They do. You can whine and moan all you like about how they operate, but the fact is, that MOST government-run research agencies don't let you get anywhere near their data for a LONG LONG time. NASA are one of the more open agencies. They do the hard work getting the data, and it is up to them how and when they display it.

What about the Tax Payers ? They Pay and they Hide it for years for their liking ... and please dont give me the " Dont want to panic the masses bullcrap " Explanation*

The People has the right to know,... simple as that.

Btw very Interesting Post!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

The low quality images are posted as soon as they are available. Likewise the high quality images. What more do you want? What is it that you want to know that you do not?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The censored images prove, irregardless of anyone saying anything else to the contrary, thats its not compression.

"Irregardless", eh?

Please excuse my pedantism but does your brain never question what you are saying?

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Brett

What the hell ? Those images are of an Angelfire logo. Spam ? Whats the point ?

Haha! Nice one genius!

[edit on 3-2-2010 by triplesod]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am a believer, but

I have to say it is much more logical and responsible to state these are interesting anomalies, no evidence of planet size UFOs. We have NO idea what they are, and probably never will. Why can't it be left at that. The believers AND ney sayers will pound this to death, but the FACT is, that NO one knows what they are. I love this site because of interesting anomalies like these are presented, and at times, even proven or unproven )rarely beyond a doubt) in some form, but I am getting more and more careful when having an opinion on any phenomena, because It has been proven that many times my original conclusion was way off. It is a wonderful thread though, no doubt about it

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Is it just me or are the original links to the pictures no longer working.

Anyone else?

edit to say nevermind I figured it out...

[edit on 5-2-2010 by willis7737]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
if these are some kind of 'lens artifacts' or 'sunspots'
why would nasa remove the pictures?

/me waits well nasa uploads pictures that contain no evidence of any 'artifact'(photoshopped)

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Kr0nZ]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
First off, they're not lens artifacts or sunspots.
The orbs have been explained numerous times. If you feel you're seeing something unexplainable, save the image, upload it and post it here, and we'll wait for the high resolution image to come in, and then compare.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Vicodin

The low quality images are posted as soon as they are available. Likewise the high quality images. What more do you want? What is it that you want to know that you do not?

oh okey so you work at Nasa and can provide me stuff ? i can send you a message about specific stuff.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Vicodin]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

No. I don't work at NASA.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Vicodin

so you just trust NASA?
and provide .gov links

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin

reply to post by Vicodin

so you just trust NASA?
and provide .gov links

ermm - it's NASA's spacecraft. So of course the original images and data archives are on their site. When you get your very own spacecraft, you could post some elsewhere.

In the meantime, there is nothing stopping anyone from saving these images the moment they are first posted (in low-res 'beacon' form) and then comparing those images to the later high-resolution one.

In fact... check the next poster out.. He has done just that! Amazing.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
As promised, I have compared the original low-res 'beacon' mode Stereo image that Phage plucked out above, to the newly saved high-res version.

And guess what, the 'hot-pixels' from high energy particle strikes that are clearly defined in the high resolution version, line up perfectly to the 'blobs' ('spheres') in the beacon image.

outdoors.webshots.com...

(make sure you look at it at full size..)

It is very obvious how any bright pixels over a certain level, trigger the halo effect and cause the odd appearance.

Original images are available on demand, and the cropped areas are completely identical to pixel level. All easy to verify. No other image processing whatsoever was done, except of course for applying transparency on the overlay images in order to show the exact line up..

So, Mott and friends, how did your similar analyses go? I haven't seen anything like that from you guys..

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
At the end of the day, there are hundreds, if not thousands of Amateur Astronomers around the Globe who point their Solar Telescopes at the Sun every day and take very detailed photographs.

If there were any Orbs to be seen, they would have been seen a long time ago and we would have all known about it by now.

NASA are not the only people who are looking at the Sun in great detail.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ
As promised, I have compared the original low-res 'beacon' mode Stereo image that Phage plucked out above, to the newly saved high-res version.

And guess what, the 'hot-pixels' from high energy particle strikes that are clearly defined in the high resolution version, line up perfectly to the 'blobs' ('spheres') in the beacon image.

Whew! You just saved the secular world.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko, 24 Jan 2010
[Chrlz said:]
"Now you are making claims about data encryption - can you be specific - exactly which data transmissions have you received, on what bands, and then how did you go about determining the nature of the encryption? I'd like to see some actual data, thanks, and then we'll check it with the mission specifications."

The amateur radio club I am a member of puts all members money towards the maintenance, operation and upgrade of our station...

I will definitely gather you some data tonight when I talk to a couple fellow radio buddies....

Note the date of that post...

As Jocko has not returned, and it was almost two weeks back that he made these strangely chilling (in light of his disappearance) comments, I think we must now assume the worst. Clearly, the NASA MIB choppers have taken him out, before he could unveil the hideous truth..

I'm sad to see this sort of thing happen - he was a good contributor, and...

but.. wait.. he has been posting elsewhere since then!!! That must mean, they have replaced him with an imposter!!! Beware, folks - you heard it here first.

(O;

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join