It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could really use some answers, please.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Alright well I'm just going to try and place the facts out here for you all and see what you have to say...

I live with a friend about half a week, and at home the other half. One night I'm not there he wakes up, his door to his room is wide open (it was closed before he went to bed) there was a mcdonalds cheeseburger (half eaten) laying on the floor right past the door (he also has a dog, and for some reason the dog didn't eat it, which is sorta odd, and yes I made sure there was no mcdonalds in the trash before hand), also the front door which was locked from the inside and could only be unlocked with the one and only key my friend had in his bedroom that night was open approx. 7 inches (which also could have allowed the dog to escape but it didn't, there is a screen door but it's broken and can easily be just pushed open).

So he tells me about that, I find it odd but brush it off...

Skip to tonight. We decide to set up this camera that has a motion sensor facing his door leading into the house, I double checked it (well three times actually, testing it twice, erasing all previous footage) and making sure it was fully charged and on before leaving.

We leave and lock the door behind us.

Get home a few hours later, first thing I do is check the camera (for some reason I just felt an urge to check it right away even though I had to piss very badly ha) and I pick up the camera, the SD card is popped out (which only can be done if you press down on the card itself) and the camera is off.

Okay, well maybe it died. I turn it on, nope still full battery, so I grab the SD memory card put it into the computer, and there is NO recordings, meaning even the recording of us leaving the house (which had to have been done since I know for a fact I had it on before I left, and myself and my friend walked right in front of it) when we left for the bar was not even on there. No footage, nothing what so ever.

Okay so now I'm a bit weirded out.

Now I'm sitting in the living room, honest to [insert whatever you believe in here] I heard chains coming from the kitchen, my friend did not hear these chains though but it scared me enough for me to shiver in fear a bit (I do not scare, ever, this is like a first). It was almost like it was directed into my ear. Okay so we let that go...

I'm trying to tell my friend if there is some sort of spirit in the house, I know it's not unfriendly or bad because I'd be able to sense that (and I would be able to I'm sure of that) but we were thinking of a way to try and communicate with this 'spirit'...

Oh, wait theres a candle on the table lets light that and so I do (I just got an urge to and I swear I've been friends with this guy for like 7 years and I've never lit a damn candle once before ever).

I decide to start asking questions, and after each question the wick starts flickering very hard, not like a wind from the side, but like something from beneath it was forcing it to flicker upwards and all crazy. This happens at least a good 5 times qith my questioning, and then I say we should blow out the candle, but my friend decides to continue with asking questions and it just got weirder, lets just leave it at that. I had asked such questions like "Is there a spirit with us right now?" "Are you male?" etc...

Guess what, as I'm typing this up my friend made a sound I turn around from the computer and he says he just heard the chains now as well from the kitchen... we are not some people bsing a story here, read my posts I'm not like that... I'm seriously wondering what is going on.

So for the night we have left the camera on, plugged in so it cannot die, with like 70+ hours of filming time. I'll let you all know if anything else happens.

Any opinions or responses would be greatful. And any ideas on how I could test this further would be great. I'm already trying to look into the past about this building, it's very old but I could not find anything online about it.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I can help you.... I am a Paranormal Expert and Psychic/Medium. I have over 15 years of helping people with ghosts and demons.

It sounds to me as if your house is experiencing a haunting. The rattling of chains is funny because that is a not a typical noise that spirits use.

I JUST NOTICED YOU LIVE IN PHILLY! I used to live in Philly, Port Richmond area for a little while. So there is TONS of history in that city- alot of wandering spirits- and ALOT of residudual energy due to its historic past. It is likely that the chains you are hearing is residual energy noises from past factory work or barnyard labor (seriously) Ghosts do not rattle chains for no reason most of the time. My gut instinct is that the noise may be a residual- either prompted by the spirit or separate in its self.

Whatever you do, from now on, no more Seances. I used to do what you did when I was a teenager, the candle would answer with flame dancing or going out in response of questions. Its as real as using a Ouija.

Doing what you are doing, is inviting OTHER spirits into the home. You are opening a portal when you speak to a spirit this way. As exciting as it is to communicate with the dead, especially when they are terrorizing you- things can get bad really quick- and I mean demonically bad- and you dont want it to get to that point.

If your serious about removing the ghost, it can be done simply and easily- he doesent need a ghost investigation. I can help you and I would be more than happy to help, its what I do. I have helped hundreds of people with the paranormal.

Good Luck!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well to be honest, I'm a spiritualist and I am not certain about 'demonic entities' or anything, and I don't believe that trying to communicate with whatever may be here could harm us but you know what I'm just going to leave it be and see what happens. Everything has become lighter, my chest doesn't feel the weight it did earlier so that's a good sign.

My friend really doesn't use the computer much, I use his computer more than he does, ha. So if you can help me out in any way, just U2U me if you don't mind. Thank you.

Oh and by the way, this was a barn before it was turned into 4 apartments. Also, this specific apartment is the only one not to have been renovated...

[edit on 21-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Check out my post I edited some more things-- and Im sorry I thought at first you were talking about your friends house (its late). And believe me- demons exist whether you believe in them or not
But I dont think thats the case in your situation. Feel free to U2U me with any questions that you might have

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Someone is hoaxing you and that pressure you felt in your chest is called anxiety.

Relax.

And be careful to meddle with spiritual media. There is but one medium through which we would like to communicate : Christ.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Dont listen to that guy- he just slammed me in another post saying that being a medium is being a tool for the devil (typical christian mindcontrol)- he has no idea what he is talking about

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
You guy's just gave me the creeps. I was reading that on the edge of my seat and I usually don't even dive into the Paranormal threads. Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Your friend got drunk/stoned, walked into his house, didn't even close or lock the door... he probably had to pee real bad, too! -- Takes his half eaten cheeseburger up to his room, drops it, passes out.

He forgets that he has done these things.

(Alternatively, he could have just had stupid friends who like to play tricks on him.)

The chains you're hearing? Could be anything. But I guarantee that your friend made those chain sounds or that you're hearing the fridge kick on its fan.

The candle flame? When you are near a candle, and you talk, you change the way the flame acts. In fact, ANY PRESENCE AT ALL IN THE ROOM EFFECTS THE FLAME. Flame is very, very, very sensitive to your breathe, your arm movement, your hair movement, your clothes, any fans, any heaters, vents, the air buzzing around a fly... Not to mention that the wax from a flame is not perfectly distributed so one side may be more sensitive than another side. This would affect the twitch of a flame.

Now...here's the crapper. Because you believe that spirits started this, you're going to end up calling spirits and then you're going to have some real problems on your hands.

Relax and let your imagination calm down. Stand strong and walk through the house like you own it. Don't be fooled by such things.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
i hear chains in the kitchen all the time. it's my dog looking for a comfortable place with a good scent to take a nap. in your case, it was your friends dog.

you people can't get over yourselves. demons don't have time to play with you, but i do have time to go on ATS.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
i hear chains in the kitchen all the time. it's my dog looking for a comfortable place with a good scent to take a nap. in your case, it was your friends dog.

you people can't get over yourselves. demons don't have time to play with you, but i do have time to go on ATS.

Good catch, I didn't think of it.

Dogs are wily creatures...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Everything you just said is completely wrong. I'm not an idiot. My friend was not stoned nor drunk. Neither were we when we got back tonight, I had 3 drinks over the course of 4 hours so call me drunk all you want, and my friend drove so he had 2 drinks over 4 hours...

When the candle was going, there was no fan, no air no nothing near it. We were each sitting several feet away, I myself at least 6-7 feet. Trust me I've tried debunking everything already. Once again I'm not an idiot.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Oh and you want to tell me the pressure on my chest was anxiety? I have suffered from anxiety my whole life, I'm been medicated my whole life, and know more about pharmaceuticals than you will ever. Don't try and tell me what I am feeling, how I felt, or anything of the like.

It was not anxiety. It was a pressure all over my upper body coming down on me like some sort of extra gravitational force. NOT anxiety.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Oh and you want to tell me the pressure on my chest was anxiety? I have suffered from anxiety my whole life, I'm been medicated my whole life, and know more about pharmaceuticals than you will ever. Don't try and tell me what I am feeling, how I felt, or anything of the like.

It was not anxiety. It was a pressure all over my upper body coming down on me like some sort of extra gravitational force. NOT anxiety.

Apparently you've not experienced severe anxiety or a pulmonary embellism because that is exactly what you are describing.

A candle flickers at your breath easily from 10-20 feet away. Especially in an enclosed room!

I am not trying to call you an idiot... But you said that the story at the beginning was told to you because it happened while you were away. I was referring to him having been inebriated that particular night -or- that his friends have pranked you.

But if you believe that there are ghosts leaving half eaten McDoubles lying around as notes, then you are not sensible.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No I just pointed the mcdonalds crap out because it was odd, ha. The rest of the stuff was definitely much more odd in a much different way however. And I know this friend very well, he wouldn't joke about stuff like this. The door being left open and the cheeseburger could not have been a prank, no one has a key but him, that's what freaked him out. I thought nothing of it until other stuff started happening... I just put it all together in the original post to give you all an idea of what's been going on that's all.

If it turns out that there is someone somehow getting into the house and doing this stuff, then we have a much bigger problem than some ghost. That it for sure. But that is not possible, I know that. So it really makes no sense.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Any opinions or responses would be greatful.

since you welcome any opinions or responses, i am encouraged to give mine:

first of all, don't worry, there is logical and natural explanation for everything. anxiety, medication, alcohol and drugs... you know, they alter the way one perceives and experiences the reality? you said that you've been medicated throughout your life. also you've used alcohol and other mind-altering substances (which i recall from some earlier posts of you - though i may recall incorrectly).

also, i suspect that a 'paranormal entity' would erase and remove a storage card from the camera.

i am highly confident to say that either someone is playing tricks on you and your friend, or your consciousness does that trick for you. forgive me if i appear insulting, that is not my purpose. nevertheless, experiencing reality in artificially altered way (such as substances mentioned above) can hardly considered of being objective; maybe the events you describe really happened, and i would think that the explanation for those is quite mundane and everyday, not paranormal. i could be wrong though.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Geemor]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Alright well I'm just going to try and place the facts out here for you all and see what you have to say...

I live with a friend about half a week, and at home the other half. One night I'm not there he wakes up, his door to his room is wide open (it was closed before he went to bed) there was a mcdonalds cheeseburger (half eaten) laying on the floor right past the door (he also has a dog, and for some reason the dog didn't eat it, which is sorta odd, and yes I made sure there was no mcdonalds in the trash before hand), also the front door which was locked from the inside and could only be unlocked with the one and only key my friend had in his bedroom that night was open approx. 7 inches (which also could have allowed the dog to escape but it didn't, there is a screen door but it's broken and can easily be just pushed open).

So he tells me about that, I find it odd but brush it off...
PERHAPS HE TOOK AN AMBIEN AND DOESN'T RECALL GOING TO MICKEY D'S. PERHAPS HE LET THE DOG OUT FOR A POTTY AND THE DOG SLIPPED BACK IN WITH TRASH SOMEONE TOSSED OUTSIDE AND YOUR BUDDY JUST MISSED IT. MY DOGS ARE VERY WELL TRAINED, I CAN LEAVE A STEAK ON THE FLOOR AND THEY WON'T TOUCH UNLESS TOLD TO. i WASN'T THERE BUT BEING AS YOU DIDN'T WITNESS THE EVENTS OCCURRING AND THERE ARE CONVENTIONAL EXPLANATIONS I WOULDN'T ATTRIBUTE THIS TO ANYTHING PARANORMAL.
Skip to tonight. We decide to set up this camera that has a motion sensor facing his door leading into the house, I double checked it (well three times actually, testing it twice, erasing all previous footage) and making sure it was fully charged and on before leaving.

We leave and lock the door behind us.

Get home a few hours later, first thing I do is check the camera (for some reason I just felt an urge to check it right away even though I had to piss very badly ha) and I pick up the camera, the SD card is popped out (which only can be done if you press down on the card itself) and the camera is off. PERHAPS AN EXGIRLFRIEND HAS A KEY AND ENTERED THE HOUSE. SHE DIDN'T WANT TO GET CAUGHT SO SHE SHUT OFF THE CAMERA. OR YOU GUYS HAD TOO MANY COCKTAILS AND ONE OF YOU ACCIDENTLY DID THIS AND SIMPLY DON'T RECALL.

Okay, well maybe it died. I turn it on, nope still full battery, so I grab the SD memory card put it into the computer, and there is NO recordings, meaning even the recording of us leaving the house (which had to have been done since I know for a fact I had it on before I left, and myself and my friend walked right in front of it) when we left for the bar was not even on there. No footage, nothing what so ever. PERHAPS IT HAS AN AUTO#DOWN PROCEDURE THAT HASN'T BEEN DEACTIVATED. I HAVE CAMERAS THAT DO THIS.

Okay so now I'm a bit weirded out.

Now I'm sitting in the living room, honest to [insert whatever you believe in here] I heard chains coming from the kitchen, my friend did not hear these chains though but it scared me enough for me to shiver in fear a bit (I do not scare, ever, this is like a first). It was almost like it was directed into my ear. Okay so we let that go... IN ALL MY YEARS I'VE NEVER HEARD CHAINS. AND THIS IS THROUGH MULTIPLE HAUNTINGS, INVESTIGATIONS, ETC... SOMEONE OUTSIDE WALKING THE DOG WITH A CHAIN LEASH PERHAPS? OLDER HOME SO THE SOUND ENTERS EASILY. OLDER HOME, COULD BE SOMETHING LOOSE ON AN OLD AIRHANDLER WHEN THE HEAT TURNS ON.

I'm trying to tell my friend if there is some sort of spirit in the house, I know it's not unfriendly or bad because I'd be able to sense that (and I would be able to I'm sure of that) but we were thinking of a way to try and communicate with this 'spirit'...

Oh, wait theres a candle on the table lets light that and so I do (I just got an urge to and I swear I've been friends with this guy for like 7 years and I've never lit a damn candle once before ever). SUBCONCIOUS URGE TO GET RID OF THE DOG SMELL POSSIBLY?

I decide to start asking questions, and after each question the wick starts flickering very hard, not like a wind from the side, but like something from beneath it was forcing it to flicker upwards and all crazy. This happens at least a good 5 times qith my questioning, and then I say we should blow out the candle, but my friend decides to continue with asking questions and it just got weirder, lets just leave it at that. I had asked such questions like "Is there a spirit with us right now?" "Are you male?" etc... OLD HOUSE, POORLY INSULATED AND NO DOUBLE PANE WINDOWS. I'D ATTRIBUTE IT TO AIRFLOW, EITHER UNINSULATED PORTIONS OF THE HOME ALLOWING AIRFLOW OR THE HEAT TURNING ON. THE VENT COULD HAVE BLOWN IT OR IF THE HOUSE WAS COLD AND BEGAN TO WARM UP THE THERMAL LAYERS COULD CAUSE THE FLICKERING. FIREPLACE?

Guess what, as I'm typing this up my friend made a sound I turn around from the computer and he says he just heard the chains now as well from the kitchen... we are not some people bsing a story here, read my posts I'm not like that... I'm seriously wondering what is going on. *SAME EXPLANATION AS ABOVE* YOUR FRIEND NOTICES IT AND ATTRIBUTES IT TO CHAINS BECAUSE YOU'VE NOW MADE HIM PARANOID.

So for the night we have left the camera on, plugged in so it cannot die, with like 70+ hours of filming time. I'll let you all know if anything else happens.

Any opinions or responses would be greatful. And any ideas on how I could test this further would be great. I'm already trying to look into the past about this building, it's very old but I could not find anything online about it.

Thanks.

No offense intended. I even treat my own investigations with the skeptics viewpoint. But as of yet I haven't heard of anything that isn't explainable by conventional means.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
as Dr. Peter Venkman would say to Dana Barrett, " I believe you ". These are some really odd occurances, the only thing you can really do is, strive to get pictures and more evidence to help back this up, I would suggest any of these odd occurances picture them, whether its a half eaten burger or something else odd. Keep a diary, sooner or later maybe we can establish a pattern, then really get some good documentation on it! Keep your wits about you girl, you'll be fine!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Maybe another reality clashed with his for a couple of days, when he goes to bed in the alternate reality the resident of said apartment or whatever building sets down a burger, it may be his bedroom is the kitchen in his/her reality and the mcdonald's hamburger may even have been set on a table in said alternates' home. The chains could have been dog chains, it could be in the other reality the kitchen is their outside. Just throwing another paranormal theory besides haunting out there. The candle flame could move due to that alternates body passing by the candle I mean if they are doing things to you, it is possible they can hear you, too. They may even be unaware what is happening, the camcorder might have materialized to that reality and they flipped it off and removed the chip and erased it. I mean after all, they messed with the stream of time there in Philadelphia and if your friend is near the ports this could be a viable explanation. If you don't know All About The Philadelphia Experiment:, read this.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 22-1-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yes I know all about the Philadelphia experiment. I'm just a little bit outside the city, although if the experiment did do any sort of damage to the area I guess it'd be possible I'm close enough.

All around the area I live is filled with tons of history. Everything from the revolution to our founding fathers and much, much more.

A lot of experiments were done, and still are done in Philly and the surrounding areas. We have a lot of pharmaceutical companies around here, within a few miles actually and god only knows what happens at those places as well.

After leaving the camera facing the door/kitchen the other night I awoke and checked out the memory card and it had nothing on it but the test recordings so I don't know what is really going on.

I do know that when I went home today (first time since all of this happened) I felt more at ease (and seriously don't tell me it was my anxiety I know how my anxiety works), like the air was not as heavy, and there was a lack of some sort of presence and I was not thinking about any of this paranormal stuff when I went home so don't know if that means anything.

I know that basically everything (other than the camera turning off and the memory card being removed and wiped clean) can be explained but it doesn't hurt to ask for others opinions so that's why I made the thread.

I'll be sure to update if anything changes/happens.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ok being as psychology is my field and I can prescribe meds maybe you'll take me seriously. You've been medicated your entire life for anxiety? I'm sure thats an exaggeration. The youngest patient I've ever seen treated for anxiety was 4 years old.

And many people experience upper body pressure as a symptom of anxiety. So you are not correct in your assumption that its not potentially anxiety. Fears about irrational situations, objects or circumstances along with paranoia are symptomatic of anxiety. The inability to entertain a rational explanation coupled with these other symtoms again could indicate anxiety. I'm not considering a psychotic episode because your friend heard the sound as well, albeit after your alluding to the paranormal.

Nobody is saying your house isn't haunted. Nobody is saying your mentally ill. But the anxiety thing, being as your already diagnosed is far more likely than a haunting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join