It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Radiation Reverses Alzheimer's and Boosts Memory in Mice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

All those cancer concerns surrounding cell phones may have to make room for good news. Astonished scientists found that electromagnetic radiation from cell phones not only boosted the memories of young mice, but even reversed Alzheimer's symptoms in old mice. Their study marks the first to investigate how long-term electromagnetic radiation affects memory function.

The University of South Florida study showed that the electromagnetic waves erase brain deposits of the harmful protein beta-amyloid, which represents a hallmark of mentally crippling Alzheimer's disease. The exposure also prevented build-up from the protein in younger Alzheimer's mice -- a possible lead on future non-invasive Alzheimer's treatments for humans.

www.popsci.com.au...

It's very well established that the linear model which predicts that cancer risk from radiation exposure is linear to the dose, is false. Ergo a thousand people being exposed to to 1 mSv will in reality NOT have the same risk as one person being exposed to 1 Sv. Had the linear model of predicting cancer risk from radiation been true, then we could draw the conclusion that we should ban BIG AIR because of the relatively large amount of radiation it exposes one to through flying. To the contrary, small doses of radiation will generally have a very small effect, although some studies have shown both positive and negative ones.

Thanks.

[edit on 21/1/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I agree, I have been trying to get people to understand this for ages.
When this query about radiation in mobiles first came out I questioned it.
I used to work in the mobile repair industry. I work under contract with all of the big names, Sony, Ericsson, Sony/Ericsson (after merger), Panasonic to name just a few.
We dealt with not only repairs, but replacements as well and because of this we carried a very large line of new mobiles, all current at the time. I had use of what ever mobile I desired at the time, and they had a really fantastic range that we used to "test" run
Anyways back to the story.

As part of normal procedure we had specific tests that we had to complete before releasing the phone.
One of those test was the was to take a reading of the radiation. I sat with the tech at the time, he showed me the test equipment that they use to take readings off these things (off the top of my head I think they were called, very basically, Radiation Meters (or RAD meters for short), and they are used EVERYWHERE, even now in our current electronic and Radio orientated industries).
He also showed me how to take the readings and what I was looking for in the readings. But test after test it showed that the radiation levels were in no way harmful to humans. There was not enough radiation emitted to affect us at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
More propaganda from the cellphone companies to combat the fact that all cell phone users will die from ear and brain cancer. In 2015 one in 25 people will die from smart phone related diseases. The old brick phones are much safer, and can still run droid.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Even though this seems like good news, it just proves to me how much the radiation penetrates the brain, and thus is likely to cause tumors. If its able to destroy plaques that cause Alzheimer´s then it must be pretty aggressive on the brain. Be careful with cell phones and wireless phones!

[edit on 24-1-2010 by rubyeyes]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I saw this in the news a few days ago. Pretty interesting story. The fact is there isn't much data stating that cellphone use is harmful. Most would say the opposite. This post www.abovetopsecret.com... had me kinda irritated yesterday. Are we going to live our life in fear of everything? If your so worried then buy this worthless crap from china www.asseenontv.com... or shoot your self in the head already so you don't have to worry about life killing you.

NUKE c0bzz BEFORE IT'S TO LATE

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Lophe]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This just goes to show further that the epidemiology used as evidence of cell phone radiation promoting cancer is nothing but an association. Why people base their hypotheses on observations is beyond me. It's a logical fallacy.

It's like saying: Tire skid marks are almost always found in conjunction with car accidents; therefore, skid marks cause car accidents. Correlation does not prove causation....

-Dev

new topics

top topics

join