It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all things paranormal AND supernatural

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
because i am somewhat lazy (and do not have time otherwise) i am going to get a list of not only the major subjects in paranomal studies and supernatural abilities, but also the minor ones. so if you guys could please submit a list of each - supernatural subjects and paranormal subjects, both major and minor of each. i want this list not based on personal experience, but i want it backed up by plenty of research. i want sites, books, and whatever else you can come up with. no wikipedia answers! i want credible sites, as well as scholarly books and whatever else you can find that would be a creditworthy resource. happy hunting!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbyboy

Am I confused, or did you just go out of your way to create a post that is just asking people to create the post for you?

Why waste your time? Why not just use the search function, within 30 minutes you would most likely have more than enough information to keep you "lazy."

Or did you just start this post because you wanted the points?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
No way!

If your to lazy then why should anybody else bother. I'll do the research for you if you pay me

Like the previouse postee said. By the time you read what we've written on here. You may have well just read other threads on the subject. The internet is probably the best resource you can use so just look on there.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

well no it wasn't for the points. and it wasn't because i am lazy, altough that's halfway true. i'm not that lazy, but i need to have others' opinions of what is important in the spiritual world. i like to have input, rather than relying on my own knowledge to guide me. i'd much rather gather info from personal experience, resources, and interviews with other people to come to a conclusion. if you want to help me you can

a) post links to threads that are relevant and have valuable info, or

b) give a personal account of what you think to be important in the spiritual world today

but you could also

c) not help me at all

i would much rather consider this an interview and have my questions be answered correctly instead of with criticism and (funny) bribes

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

LOL

Then why did'nt you say that in your OP. It would have saved us from having this conversation.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

good question.

i really don't know.

i was half-awake when typing that so i didn't know how to phrase it lol.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Honestly, you can't depend on someone else to teach you a spiritual path. You have to do it yourself. However, once you've located something you think is right for you, then you come to these boards and create a thread concerning what you are after.

IE:

Interested in [spiritual topic], looking for someone to help me in my studies

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Paranormal Chinese qigong master featured on local news -- healed a Mayo Clinic patient of rare lung disease.

Same qigong master now this:

www.springforestqigong.com...

He is coauthor of a #1 Amazon.com bestseller, Born A Healer, and coauthor with Dr. Nisha Manek of the Mayo Clinic of a chapter on qigong in the recently-released Textbook of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2nd Edition.

Videos of people Chunyi Lin has healed of late-term cancer, M.S., Parkinsons, etc.

Ten medical doctors endorse Chunyi Lin's healings and Chunyi Lin has taught the Mayo Clinic doctors qigong healing:

Medical Research and Spring Forest Qigong Two new research studies, one by doctors at the Mayo Clinic, have found Spring Forest Qigong techniques effective in relieving Chronic Pain. A brief synopsis of each study is below. The studies are soon to be published. We will provide complete information as soon as it becomes available. External Qigong for Chronic Pain, Results from a Randomized Controlled Clinical Study Jamia Hill, RN, DC; Anne Vincent, MD, Stephen Cha, PhD., Nisha Manek, MD, MRCP Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Objective: Chronic pain is highly prevalent in the general population. Adequate clinical management of chronic pain is an ongoing challenge and a purely pharmaceutical approach has proven inadequate. We investigated the efficacy of external Qigong [Spring Forest Qigong technique] as an adjunctive treatment for chronic pain. Conclusions: Subjects with chronic pain who received external Qigong experienced reduction in pain intensity following each Qigong treatment. This is especially impressive given the long duration of pain in the majority of subjects. Utilizing Spring Forest Qigong as a Self-Directed Treatment for Chronic Pain & Emotional Distress Jane F. Coleman, R.N., PhD Professor Emerita, Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN Study Findings: There was a significant decrease in the perception of physical pain and emotional distress for the majority of participants during the study timeframe. Also, symptom variables (sleep, concentration, decision-making, appetite, loss of interest) improved in the majority of subjects. Conclusion: Both the active exercise and meditative aspects of Spring Forest Qigong proved to be effective self-care modalities for persons with perceived chronic physical pain and/or emotional distress. Subjects demonstrated significant improvement both anecdotally and statistically during the study period.

Dozens more academic research positive results on qigong:

Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38(12):2102-13. Epub 2006 Jun 27. External Qi of Yan Xin Qigong differentially regulates the Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathways and is cytotoxic to cancer cells but not to normal cells. Yan X, Shen H, Jiang H, Zhang C, Hu D, Wang J, Wu X. Institute of Chongqing Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chongqing, PR China. [email protected] Long-term clinical observations and ongoing studies have shown significant antitumor effect of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong which originated from traditional Chinese medicine. In order to understand the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the antitumor effect of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong, we have examined its cytotoxic effect on BxPC3 pancreatic cancer cells and its effect on the Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathways. We found that external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong dramatically inhibited basal phosphorylation levels of Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinases, epidermal growth factor-mediated phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases, and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity. External Qi of Yan Xin Qigong also inhibited constitutive and inducible activities of nuclear factor-kappa B, a target of the Akt and epidermal growth factor receptor pathways. Furthermore, a single 5min exposure of BxPC3 cells to external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong induced apoptosis, accompanied by a dramatic increase of the sub-G1 cell population, DNA fragmentation, and cleavage of caspases 3, 8 and 9, and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase. Prolonged treatment with external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong caused rapid lysis of BxPC3 cells. In contrast, treatment of fibroblasts with external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong induced transient activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases and Akt, and caused no cytotoxic effect. These findings suggest that external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong may differentially regulate these survival pathways in cancer versus normal cells and exert cytotoxic effects preferentially on cancer cells, and that it could potentially be a valuable approach for therapy of pancreatic carcinomas.

Qigong master John Chang lights things on fire using his mind -- and is tested by Western scientists -- all shown on this video -- while also doing medical healing:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Something tell's me that your in college/school and your doing a project/paper on the subject and are too lazy to research it for yourself hah. Good idea. I should have thought of that.

If I am wrong, I apologize.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Brydaws

college, yes.

research paper, no.

well i am doing a research paper and it's on supernatural/paranormal studies, but i can't use ATS as a source, so what would be the point?

new topics

top topics

join