It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Noises In Los Angeles Area

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Has anyone here on ATS who is in the LA area heard strange rumbling noises at night too? I know this thread is kind of redundant but I'm seriously wondering if anyone else has heard it. There have been strange rumblings for about the past year now. At first, I thought it was just me but I've heard it at other locations too, not just when I'm at home. It happens every few weeks, sometimes months, sometimes it comes in streaks night after night. The last time it happened was last Tuesday Jan 12 around 2 in the afternoon. It was the loudest I have ever heard it. It sounded like a Boeing 747's engine was right in front of me. It's not always that loud but this time it really scared me. Sometimes it's subtle and will sound more like thunder in the distance except it'll be going non stop for about 30 minutes. Has anyone else heard these strange noises or am I the only one? Does anyone have any clue what these noises may be? Or has anyone heard these noises around their town? Here's a map with the area I'm talking about. I don't know how to post the picture directly on here.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by conspiracy88]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

I swear somone else on this forum had reported something similiar possibly a couple of months ago.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't know about any sounds in LA. But over the years I've been having dreams about Los Angelas going up in flames as a result of a major earthquake. The Earthquake was a more then 9: so my guess if the Northern Western Hemisphere is experiencing earthquakes don't expect The US to be Spared.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
Has anyone here on ATS who is in the LA area heard strange rumbling noises at night too? ... There have been strange rumblings for about the past year now...
[edit on 20-1-2010 by conspiracy88]

A lot of people all around the U.S. are hearing strange noises in the sky, many times at night.

Here are some Youtube videos:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

MORE YOUTUBE RESULTS HERE

ATS also has a number of threads on the unexplained deep boom sounds:

SOME ATS SONIC BOOM THREADS

GOOGLE RESULTS ON UNEXPLAINED BOOMS

I think it's safe to say something's happening here. Something very, very strange.

Strange lights, sounds, beings, craft, and other unprecedented and bizarre phenomena seem to be increasing exponentially.

Seems as if our reality is being shaken to the core...

We just have to wait and see where it's all going...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Can anyone report if similar "rumblings" occured around Haiti before the recent earthquake?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Alright now this is just to fracken weird.
I mean it this time.
Last night I was sitting right here at the puda. There 's a busy street out in front of our place. the wife was in the Kitchen and she was making
some noise with the pots and pans. Diesels use their Jake alot around here.
Last night, we both stopped what we were doing, after what sounded like a jake brake on a truck. What was odd to both of us, it was much much
louder and far shorter.

Oh yeah, There was also no Semi truck.

My wife said," what the hell was that". I was already at the window, there weren't even any cars out there.

We both new it was something different and we both agreed it left us
with the feeling it came the sky, not the street.

So I now have to ask WTF is going on?
I shrugged it off.
At least until now. My wife was all night I want to know what that was?
Even this morning.
i kept saying who knows like it was no big deal.
Now this ?
I have to tell her to, even though I know she was spooked and now she will be more so.
This is very odd. Apple Valley Ca.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It does sound like it's coming from the sky. I also forgot to mention that this is not just during the night. I'd say about 80% of the time it's during the night but it's not at all rare that these noises happen during the day too. I wish more ATS members had an input on this but we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I believe it's called thunder. Usually occurs when large storms are around. Sometimes there is lightning too.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

hahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Could be the sound of land slide rumblings.

I live in Ohio and I often hear strange sounds in the middle of the night. I also live a couple of miles from NASA Glenn research center.

California is home to many military bases so who knows...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yes, I too hear the nighttime rumbling in So Cal. It sounds like huge planes are hoovering over my neighborhood, but I can’t see anything in the sky to attribute the noise to. I’ve noticed the noise usually after midnight and have been woken up quite a few times because of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I live in Fullerton & haven't noticed anything at all. I do hear & see a lot of different planes all hours of the night. A lot of bases around here so who knows?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Maybe its the oil rigs in LA

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The previous post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's the only thing I can think of which would cause 'strange rumbling' noises in LA.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Several years ago, I spent a week losing sleep every night to what I thought was a neighbor listening to loud bass music for hours on end.

After several nights of this, I became so fed up and annoyed, that in the middle of the night I slipped on some shoes and walked outside. I went down the road with every intention of pounding on my neighbor's door, only once I got halfway there I realized that the sound was coming from much further away.

There had been a large construction project on the highway near my house that had wrapped up (nearly) the week before. It turns out that the construction company, in an effort to reduce the need to stop traffic, was finishing the last bit of construction overnight for a week. The noise I was hearing was a heavy piece of machinery made to force a series of indentations into the edge of the road, the kind that "rumble" when you drive over them. (I live on a very crooked highway).

Since then, I've noticed that overnight construction has become more and more common. Although it does help relieve traffic problems, I find it annoying that loud construction noises are allowed overnight.

Perhaps that is what some of these events are?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My first thought was trucks because you're surrounded by freeway and Industry & Commerce on the other side....
Sometimes here in Torrance it seems planes are flying unusually low at night...just the way it sounds. And recently we've had the 3-5 low hovering
news (?) helicopters ALOT....they never hovered overhead before and I never
see anything on the news in my area however..
But no....no deep rumblings over here...yet!!

And why can't we REMOVE stars from posts like those from anotherdad??

[edit on 1/21/2010 by SmokeyDawn]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
All I've heard is the usual.
Cop helicopters.
My neighbors God awful Mexican pop music.
Car alarms.
Loud bass.
Planes approaching Burbank or leaving Van Nuys.
Thunder during the last few days.
The occasional gunshot.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

I believe it's called thunder. Usually occurs when large storms are around. Sometimes there is lightning too.

Hey kool...more stooges find their way to this website...happy to help you uninstall your operating system.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I just heard the exact same thing here about 3 days ago in NJ. And, I am not near any major roads. I live in a 7 acre wooded area. It does sound like a rolling thunder sound, coming from the sky, but lasts at least a minute. When it happened the other day, I made it a point to check the weather and it was sunny and beautiful with no storms nearby. It happens maybe once every 2 weeks. Glad you made a thread about this because I have been wondering what this noise is too.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

I swear somone else on this forum had reported something similiar possibly a couple of months ago.

I reported these rumblings on a thread dealing about the recent Earth Quake off the coast of San Franciso.

Five days before the Earthquake hit Haiti.

Just one little tiny catch, I live in Miami and not California.

These rumblings lasted 15 to 30 seconds in series off and on for 5 days.

The last one I heard was minutes before the Earthquake in Haiti.

Nothing to be alarmed about it's just sattelites beaming high frequency sound waves into the ground slowly priming various faults for Earthquakes.

OK so maybe it is something to be alarmed about.

From Thread: Magnitude 6.5 Earthquake Hits Northern Calif.
Posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler, on January 9, 2010 at 22:59 GMT

This is going to sound really bizarre but there was a series of low rumblings here in Miami, Florida.

Definitely not Jet Aircraft and definitely not a surface explosion, but a series of about 15 second audible rumbles spaced by about 30 seconds, and about 10 of them all in all.

What ever it was, it was something.

When I went out shortly afterwards to go to the store riding my bicycle I noticed that the pavement on the road I normally take had some long hairline cracks in it, some as long as 15 feet, they weren’t there yesterday and I do believe they looked fresh and might have been related to the rumbling noise I heard.

It’s most strange.

I lived in California for over a decade and have been through a number of Earthquakes up to 7.0 on the Richter scale, it definitely didn’t feel like an Earthquake but it looks to me like something significant was taking place under ground all the same.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Secret oil derricks hidden in fake buildings in LA.

Heard that on some thread here I think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join