It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been seduced by Satan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
We've all been tempted by things in this world... a good looking man or woman, a loose 10 or 20 laying around someone's house, standing at the counter of a convenient store while the clerk goes in back... but I want to know, "Have you ever been tempted directly by Satan?"
Long story short... I sell firewood on the side to make some pocket money in winter. Me and my wife were'nt getting along to well at the time, all married folks go through that from time to time. Anyway, I get a phone call... a man named Stan Ash( slight change of name here) wants me to take 3 loads of wood to his sister's house as soon as possible. He was down visiting her and saw my sign on the way back home. As she was having a hard time of it, thought it would make a nice suprise. Wow... I needed the money, so heck yeah, I'll take her some wood and he'd send a check in the mail.
I take her 1 load and introduce myself to the sister. I take load 2, as I'm about to leave, she invites me in, it's cold and thought I'd like some coffe to warm up. It was cold, so I said "Sure, I'd like that and thanks." Now I'm in my forties and she looked to be too. And she looked real good for 40ish...real good. I take the cup and start to make my way to the front door and she kind of gets between me and the door and has that look on her face... "I bet your back's sore, wouldn't you like a backrub?" She starts to get close and starts to rub my back...I'm thinking this is way to tempting, like I said, my wife and I were not on great terms at the time... and then it hit me.
Stan Ash...who stands in ashes? anagram for Satan? Who tempts with lots of money, pretty women, decieves when you are weakest? Satan... Yup, this whole thing fit the profile of my Christian upbringing.
I immediately told her "Thanks, but no thanks, I had to get home to my wife." I delivered the last load that evening and my wife went with me, oddly enough, the wood I delivered was there, but the house looked like no one had lived there in months... By the way, I am still married to that wonderful wife, and I did get the check. It's been about 2 years now, and I've never seen anyone at that house since....
Has Satan ever directly tempted you?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Fella, I hate to tell ya,but if it were really Satan, I seriously doubt you would have gotten your money!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well, Satan to me is Ego, that force that drives you to want more and more. I am trying to rid of it, but i always get caught up in my day to day habbits that i fall back into "Hell".

Anyways, its things like these that reminds me what my goal was, thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've been involved in the occult / arcane studies for a couple decades now, and I must honestly say "no". I have always been true to my purpose, never having gone down the darkened path on a permanent basis... I must say, though, that at times I have provoked Satan, even tried invoking him, but nothing ever happened or came of it.

But, then again, I also don't quite believe in the same Satan as do most people; I believe him to be more along the traditional lines of the Horned God, so maybe that is why I have never been "tempted".

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
That's a good story but didn't cashing that check sign your deal with the devil?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
LOL, dude that was NOT satan.
I can't believe you passed up the opportunity with some hot 40 something tho. Coulda been the night of your life...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
I believe him to be more along the traditional lines of the Horned God, so maybe that is why I have never been "tempted".

Well, that is probably where modern depictions of Satan were derived.

The Horned God is one of the two primary deities found in the neopagan religion of Wicca. He is often given various names and epithets, and represents the male part of the religion's duotheistic theological system, the other part being the female Triple Goddess.

The term 'Horned God' itself predates Wicca, and is a 20th century syncretic term for a horned or antlered anthropomorphic god with pseudohistorical[1] origins, who, according to Margaret Murray's 1921 The Witch-Cult in Western Europe, was the deity worshipped by a pan-European witchcraft-based cult, and was demonised into the form of the Devil by the Mediaeval Church.

The Horned God has been explored within several psychological theories, and it has also become a recurrent theme in fantasy literature since the 20th Century.[2]

Horned god

Most, unless they are well read, have never heard of the horned god. They certainly do not know what it is or what it represents.

The consort of the Goddess and symbol of male energy in the form of the divine, The Horned God reigns. He is the lord of the woodlands, the hunt and animals. He provides for the tribe through the hunt and is honored or rewarded for his deed by being permitted to copulate with the Goddess through the Great Rite.

The Horned God is is the lord of life, death and the underworld. And is the Sun to the Goddess' Moon. He alternates with the Goddess in ruling over the fertility cycle of birth, death and rebirth. He is born at the winter solstice, unites with the Goddess in marriage at Bealtaine, and dies at the summer solstice to bring fertility to the land as the Sacred King.
Purpose

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

There are two entitys in this world; satan and his demons and God/Christ/Holy Ghost and the angels that is it. So if anyone has ever been tempted it has been by satan or his demons, period.

So many people want to think that it is just a part of life and well it is because satan works very hard to decieve and tempt us but they also deny that it is really satan. One of the biggest scams satan has going is conviencing everyone he does not exsist, hence we have paranormal stuff, ghosts, aliens you name it but lets not name it what it is; satan! Any who congrats on beating your temptation and maybe satan did not send you the check, maybe God did...

[edit spelling]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Well, Satan to me is Ego, that force that drives you to want more and more. I am trying to rid of it, but i always get caught up in my day to day habbits that i fall back into "Hell".

Anyways, its things like these that reminds me what my goal was, thanks.

Please, please, please get the book "Devil, Demons and Spiritual Warfare; Power to Engage and Defeat Demonic Forces". Read it and practice it and free yourself from "hell". Please !!!!!!!!

God bless you!

Melissa101

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

OR, maybe, and most realistically, he is making something into something it wasn't. Yeah, I'll go for that.

top topics

join