It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Mindedness seems to be a Dying Trait

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Seriously stop it. You keep on seemingly trying to derail the point of this thread with your point about 9/11 and these "hard facts" of yours, most of which is provable only by the accounts of a few people.

Just like how 90% of the information about the Towers could be discerned should the FBI release the information to us rather then keep it under lock and key, so could the mystery of UA93. When it comes to conspiracy theories, Occam's razor doesn't necessarily bode well in these situations but it seems to be in full effect in your opinions. I'm not here to discuss the events of 9/11 here in this topic but you brought it up not once, not twice, but three times.

But I digress, you come into my topic, have a slight opinion about the point, and then your throw an example of yourself not being open minded. This is the kind of thing I am talking about seeing more and more of.

reply to post by silent thunder

I see your point about the news media differences. I suppose the more people get used to the "new" way of debating and discussion, the more closed minded they will become. I guess it is suffice to say that I was born during the wrong era.

reply to post by Matrix777

I guess you could say I was eluding to that more or less. The main topic that aroused this in me was an earthquake being cause by man thread, however, it certainly wasn't the only example. I have just seen so many people refuse to even question the possibility, probably due to the horrific situation, that this could be done by fellow man. It seems the same people contest such possibilities for 9/11 and various other possible man-made scenarios.

However, with the earthquake bit, there is evidence in the past of earthquakes being created by man, Tesla's works have described an earthquake generating device, and countless people are claiming that it could be done.

Instead of people accepting those statements as even a POSSIBILITY they refuse to even acknowledge it unless there is substantial proof and guess what? It will probably be a cold day in hell before someone in such a project comes out and says "Yep, we caused the earthquake." It seems that proof along those lines is the only thing that is remotely acceptable for some people.

We are normal people here at ATS. 99.9% of us don't have the funds or abilities to do some kind of full scale investigation to find actual truth, so instead we do what we can to provoke those who can to search for it. There is just so much hate an disbelief here that I am beginning to think that it would be impossible to prove that I even exist for some people.

reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I don't want this topic derailed to discuss the earthquake, that isn't my intention. I personally believe that there are plenty of topics already that discuss the possibility of an earthquake causing device, the information about said device found in the far past, and of course the motives for using such a device, but for that you will have to search elsewhere.

However, it seems that you would much rather feel safe with your own assumptions and the official story. Why are you so keen to believe what you are told by the media and everyone else, yet you are unable to even grasp the POSSIBILITY that this was man made, instead opting to demand irrefutable proof - something that will literally NEVER become available even if this was the said situation. That is what I would call close mindedness for you have already made up your mind to the possibilities that you will allow.

To many people on ATS have already done the same. To many people around the WORLD have already done so.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
In the good old days (I really hate that statement) we had classes on how to debate a subject. We would take a political issue and stand up to a podium and debate it from one side and then come right back and debate it from the other side. It taught us to THINK from other viewpoints.
From my point of view, ATS has brought up a number of things to think about and check out from other perspectives. For this reason I think ATS serves a purpose.
From another point of view, there are some on ATS who strive to cause problems for the rest of us. Many of them cannot see any other viewpoint because they were taught that way of thinking. Has the internet made it too easy for these persons to be disruptive? But, these too serve a purpose in telling us how many persons are actually thinking from that viewpoint.
Those who are brought up in the scientific way of thinking have a more rigid proof system. This is good in many ways, but often stifles imagination amongst those trying to get up the nerve to post.
I think it is up to us all to really take a look at what we and others are saying on ATS and try to look at it from all viewpoints.

<< 1   >>

join