It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Love Goes Around, Comes Around...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hello everyone on ATS from NoEXcUseS!

I have a little weight to get off my chest, but it will be tied into something everyone can appreciate: love.

I wasn't really sure where to post this at all, so move if need be mods

About an hour ago the veterinarian came to our house, to put down one of my cats, Merlyn
(awesome name, I know). This has just got me thinking about love and the things in life we take for granted.

He had congestive heart failure, with his lungs filling with fluid and rapid loss of weight. He became extremely skinny, so much so that he hardly had energy to walk around the house, to get food, or to go potty (it would be silly to say cats go to the "bathroom"). He survived much longer than I expected in his condition, but he was struggling through it all. He had difficulty breathing, it was very labored, you could see he actually had to try just to breathe and the muscle movements were very exaggerated. He would have coughing fits that turned into convulsions where it appeared he was trying to hack up an extreme hairball but simply couldn't. This would happen multiple times per day. He could really only sit in one position, Sphinx style (we often called him Sphinx kitty because he sat like it a lot), because if he tried to roll over or be cute it put too much pressure on his lungs and he would have a coughing attack.

Anyways this got me thinking, as I'm sure it would with anyone, about love. Me and my family loved this cat with all our hearts, and he loved us back too. I know his spirit is released from this physical world, and the pain and suffering he endured that came along with it.

We must cherish life dearly, for we only get one (per reincarnation, if you are so inclined) and the beauty of this world is so great that it cannot be taken for granted. Life as we know it, started slowly from birth, but can be gone in a flash. Cherish those that you love, and those that love you, for without love this world would be a dreary place. I have been reading so many threads lately here where it seems that many people have jumped on the hate-train, and it's steaming away, full speed ahead. Love as you would wish to be loved, and you shall receive that love. It is common knowledge to most, if not all, that a person's "energy" or "vibe" can be felt and even more so that it can be...transferred, if you will. A more appropriate term might be shared. When you exude love, people can actually feel this and it can change the way they think, speak, and feel. Now, if you were in a room full of people and were stuck there for some time, would you want someone with bad vibes around you? No! Of course not, because their negative energy will bring you down to their level. Likewise, someone with very positive energy can uplift your state of mind and make you more happy and receptive to love.

I'm sure this is starting to ramble at this point, but like I said I have to get this off my chest, and those kind of things usually don't come off particularly coherent. So what I want all you ATSer's to come away with here is, love all those around you, and they will love you in return; love is one of the most important things in life and as they say, the more, the merrier

Good night ATS, and I hope everyone will awake tomorrow with a slightly freshened perspective, and maybe even give away a bit more love. After all, it comes free and goes free, so why not spread the love (pun intended).

By the way, my cat Merlyn is survived by his brother Nicky

And our dog Emma (goofy Basset Hound)

Cheers,
NEXUS

[edited to embed pictures, hopefully
]

[edit on 20-1-2010 by NoEXcUseS]

[edit on 20-1-2010 by NoEXcUseS]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
hello NoEXcUseS!
That was lovely, it warmed the cockles of my heart!
I shall pass the love on in the morning!
Sorry to hear about Merlin, you obviously loved him very much

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What a beautiful story!

Actually helped me a bit, as we are missing our cat Milo (black one on the right)...she's been gone for 10 days & we fear coyotes may have gotten her. But I always gave her attention and showed her my Love when we had her. Cats are wonderful creatures.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50ab7a71bda2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far guys, the love I'm feeling from my fellow members is helping me through my little grief period here.
Overall I am quite at peace with it, it's just always so hard to let go of the ones that are ingrained deepest in our hearts..

I suppose the good thing about that is that the ones ingrained deepest in our hearts are the ones whose memories we never forget, so they can live on with us for the rest of our lives.

Signals, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty! They really do just bring out the best in people. I hope the coyotes didn't get 'er.

Cats bringing out the best in people, haha reminds me of my other cat Nicky (who I am snuggling with right now in solace) I've come up with a whole host of words to describe the otherwise indescribable amounts of cuteness this cat possesses! Fuzzling my keek...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss, pets really do become like family members, my family had a cat that died three years ago, it was really painful so I feel what you're going through.
I believe they live on somewhere else though, it helps somewhat..
I have actually seen a "phantom cat spirit", it even alerted the real cat in the room who started chasing it.. don't wanna take focus off your thread, just wanted to mention it since this is ATS and people generally like these sort of things.

Nowadays I have a new cat which surprisingly looks almost like yours.

Anyway, I wish you the best!

Peace & Love

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So sad to hear that!

Just remember all the brilliant times you had together and they will live on forever!

new topics

top topics

join