It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi girl 13, sentenced to 90 lashes after she took a mobile phone to school

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
Why does no one look at the fact that she knew the consequences to her actions and chose to break what obviously is a law? When people choose to break the law why do they whine when they are punished according to that law? You can scream bad this and bad that with their belief system, but in the end this is the lifestyle that the child was brought into and raised to understand and respect. I do consider it strickt but I also do not know weather or not this is the first time this child violated the law. She may be a repeat offender. Sometimes when you run a "strickt" environment you have to also make an example out of some one. It just wasn't this childs lucky day.

That's one of the most stupid things i've ever read. Strickt? It's #ing torture you moron. Doesn't matter if it's the law, the law isn't right all the time and it certainly doesn't it make right to imprison and whip a 13yr old girl. Even if she knew the consequences something like this shouldn't be accepted nor defended by anyone, ever, in this day of age.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

The number of lashes sounds excessive to me. But at least they aren't killing her over it, though some posters have suggested that she will end up dead, I don't follow the reasons why people are saying that.

Because 90 lashes can cause a hell of a lot of damage and at 13 years old that combined with the blood loss may be enough to kill her.

And can people stop going on with the "God wants this" #. It really isn't related and will probably just end up boiling down into yet another flaming match.

-Cauch1

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Maybe we should go to war with the Saudis. We could really free the crap out of them ya know? How dare they lash a child, we'll kill hundreds of thousands of their children in the name of freedom and democracy in order to free them from this despotism and tyranny.

Get off your high horse America (Britain, Aus. etc.), your people and government are responsible for the brutal deaths of millions of men, women and children based on wars for the purpose of "freeing the people", over the past 80 years or so. So I don't want to hear any of you complaining about 1 child, however barbaric it may be.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wow it never ceases to amaze me how desperate people are to be instructed how to live their lives. If something like this does not strike someone as being just plain old wrong then there is just no hope for mankind. I often have to ask myself why do we as a people let ourselves be told that actions like these are a benefit to society? Maybe one day the great people of this world will rise up against all silly beliefs that hurting people and especially children is acceptable because some invisible person said so.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cauch1

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

The number of lashes sounds excessive to me. But at least they aren't killing her over it, though some posters have suggested that she will end up dead, I don't follow the reasons why people are saying that.

Because 90 lashes can cause a hell of a lot of damage and at 13 years old that combined with the blood loss may be enough to kill her.

And can people stop going on with the "God wants this" #. It really isn't related and will probably just end up boiling down into yet another flaming match.

-Cauch1

Yes.. If "god" wanted this then as far as im concerned he aint from 'up there' hes from 'down there'

just sounds the same as some parent sexually abusing a child - telling the child 'its special time' or something like they do in their sick ways

and if it aint killed the child from injory it killed the childs soul.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

How dare her, she needed to tex during class, you know American style.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I love the outcry and how horrible that society is.

Lets look at some of our own stories shall we?

child and mother shot in alabama

adoptive parents kill child by salt poisoning

boy kills crying baby with bat

14 year old beaten to death by father with bat

oh yea, we are just so much more civilized

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Wertdagf

I never remember reading anything in the bible that says its ok to beat 13 yrd old children with lashes and wips leave scars on them for life most likely

Wrong book. Try the Koran.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
STAY TUNED..... Coming to a European Country near you !

With Sharia law seemingly being embraced by more and more countries
in Europe, be looking for more of the same on the "Civilized" continent.
Don't think so ? Just wait 20 years. At the rate the Europeans are allowing
immigration from the "Stans", it will become a reality.
Can we say "Cultural Suicide" ?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
What if this is really what god wants?

There are alot of people on here that dont believe we have enough evidence either way and would say that your claim of a child not deserving this punishment would be self-richeous and ignorant. Maybe it is for the greater glory of god.......

We cant prove that it isnt.

wow its really easy to say stupid crap like that.

You DO NOT HIT KIDS!
If thats "GODS" will he can go to HELL

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The punishment in this case does not fit the crime.

I have no objection to rules about mobile phones in school, but giving lashes for it is not acceptable.

What can we in the west do about it, not very much, but I would like to hear politicians condem the actions and perhaps threaten sanctions against countries with poor human rights.

We might not agree with it and its not really our place to tell other cultures how to behave but that doesnt mean we have to support them with business deals and such like.

So long as our governments are prepared to do business with these guys nothing will change.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Completely agree with you.
second line.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
To defend the United States for a minute... I'm sure that no one actually condones what has happened. It's sickening, and honestly very sad. But really, the US has no choice. We need oil, and unfortunately Saudi is the best/cheapest (one of them, at least) to get it from.

I can't wait for the day we develop a different, more efficient energy that can replace 'black gold'. I hope America pulls out of that country and the middle east all together, the faster the better. Then we'll never need to support any of those crazed nations ever again.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I love the outcry and how horrible that society is.

Lets look at some of our own stories shall we?

child and mother shot in alabama

adoptive parents kill child by salt poisoning

boy kills crying baby with bat

14 year old beaten to death by father with bat

oh yea, we are just so much more civilized

I hear what you are getting at, all this is just , not much of a better word for it than demonic for all this stuff
the thing here with this example of the girl getting 90 lashings and prison. is that this brutality is legalised.

if i was to treat a dog like that hit it with a stick I would go to prison and never be allowed to own an animal again im my life.

in above girl case it would seem the brutality is accepted and legal to be given out, and not it the guise of war for freedom, but heck this is a school.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Has anyone read this story?It clearly says she assualted her head teacher after it was found.She isnt getting the brutal treatment for having a mobile phone at school,i would assume its becuase of her own temper issues

anyway having said that,90 lashes is wrong no matter her age

we had canings when I was at school,and some of our teachers would take a run up to give you six of the best!I prefered that to detention

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You missed a key point in the article. She assaulted the teacher. We don't in the West go for that either. The punishment is harsh but it's their country and so far there's no enforceable international standard for human rights. NWO anybody?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Er... HUGE difference.

All of the examples you mention are considered crimes here. However, this caning is government approved.

That is the difference. Caning someone here (especially for something so mundane as having a cell phone) would be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

How can people really defend that with a straight face.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Goodness NO!!!!

Not to a child, a female 13 year old child at that!! She is only a kid, how adult can she be to defend herself??? She might have known it may be an issue to bring the phone, and aggravated her fault by 'assualting' ( a 13 year old capable of 'assualt' an adult, more so a female muslim?)

90 Lashes!!!!! Mankind had stopped that atrocity even to murderous pirates back in the !7th century!!

This is utter barbarism to the core! This is nothing about religion. No religion in this world condon abusing and harming kids, whom are our future! She may be a Saudi, but she is one of us, a fellow human, a kid at that!

Would the Saudis allow me to take the punishment in her place?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
lol at the hunt them down poster above!Not a good idea to threaten people online-and no matter how hard you think you are,there is always going to be someone harder than you.I must admit I didnt read all the posts here but I dont think I saw people saying that this was good and they would want to do it?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join