It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi girl 13, sentenced to 90 lashes after she took a mobile phone to school

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by mattpryor

Actually not Islam but Sharia.

yeah, think it might be heavily connected with Islam mind you

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
well this is just sick. so i girl takes a mobile phone to school - yet she is being treated probably worse than some kid found with an offensive weapon.
so the punishment for carrying a phone is sick barbaric abuse and lifetime of psychological damage. Yes that really fixes the problem.

the girl probably just slipped it in her school bag skipping a thought for that moment of any consequence as kids do. she was probably more thinking about gaining a little envy from her friends and could see a little picture of herself giggling with her pals. But now after such torture whenever that creative part of her mind comes up with any idea another part of her mind will replay the abuse and torture given to her by some shadowy figure (probably a man), and her begging for mercy, or just dissociating her self from this attack being forced to beleive she is only worthy of this torture. so in future this child wont bring a phone to school, but probably never be allowed by her own psychology going on to ever do anything.

I can remember being given a simple detention at school for something that i really didnt realise i hadnt done - like a homework or something. and as harmless as that detention was, i still remember it now purly from the fact of how i continued to beat myself up inside and never really again wanting to make an effort to get things right in the future cos they made me feel like a failure. and this is so infitinatly small in comparison to this beating dished out by this evil rejime thay call their religion

the biggest problem with society is the general use of negative reinforcement - and the total lack of positive encouragement. its all motivation out of fear. parents are conditioned by their parents to say things like if you dont clean your room you wont get the toy, or if you dont eat your dinner you wont get xyz. the general linguistics of parent to child is just all about negative programming. i can remember my mother forcing my brother to learn his times tables by getting ratty and shouting at him like it was military. So a kid just associates learning with being opressed and being unhappy. dont they understand a mind does not work that way.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Similar inadequate punishments are happening all over the Africa and middle east. Truly sad. It is not Iran but Saudi Arabia and Africa west should be bitching about.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Like when african american slaves tried to escape their masters.

Yeha i know what idiots... they knew what they were getting.

Likewise they knew the consequences of thier actions.

Really.....

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
this is disgusting. it really shows what little regard saudi men have for women.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
You think 90 lashes is bad, how about death for pot?

stash.norml.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Either that, or women have to organise and kill all their male babies as soon as they're born, as the Greek women apparently decided once upon a time

Yeah, that will work... for one generation.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Looks like conditions are improving in the middle east. Normally the girl would of been put to death for going to school because only males are aloud.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's their country, they can do what they want. Iran and North Korea want atom bombs. It's their country they can do what they want. Venezuala wants to nationalize everything. It's their country they can do what they want. China wants to control the internet. It's their country they can do what they want.

You can't pick and choose. Either a country can do what it wants to, or it can't. Make up your minds.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Im sure a lot of people said the same thing about Nazi Germany and Adolf Hitler!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

If Saudi Arabia were an island untouched by the world and not affecting the world then I'd agree.

But Saudi Arabia has ENORMOUS influence in American and European politics, as well as being one of the biggest regional influences in the Middle East.

That's why things like this make me extremely uncomfortable.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

What if this is really what god wants?

How is it possible for a god not to get what it wants ?

Obviously this child deserved everything she got if god is making himself clear when he/it/she reveals its' needs.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Looks like conditions are improving in the middle east. Normally the girl would of been put to death for going to school because only males are aloud.

Girls Aloud, Boys are allowed

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Barkster

Well as some on ATS would say.... you cant prove that this isnt what god wants. We cant prove that sharia law isnt the highest order of gods will...

True BUT if God does want this then he can go to hell and so can his followers. Either way those doing the deed deserve to rot in hell for eternity.......unfortunately Im don't believe in God or Eternity so they get off with death before they are 80-100 !

***** PLEASE NOTE its a GIRL getting punished in a male dominated society. This is all about male control NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION that is an excuse so weak men can justify their pathetic actions.

Muslim male extremists are weak, tough, it's time we stopped appeasing their abhorant behaviour with "PC" language and told it how its is.

Western males (like me) can control ourselves and don't need to dominate women with force. That is why they are anti-west, angry at their own weakness and hitting out at those that remind them of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
It's their country, they can do what they want. Iran and North Korea want atom bombs. It's their country they can do what they want. Venezuala wants to nationalize everything. It's their country they can do what they want. China wants to control the internet. It's their country they can do what they want.

You can't pick and choose. Either a country can do what it wants to, or it can't. Make up your minds.

yes agree its their country its their laws they can do as they choose. But we are all the same human beings under the same umbrella. I would not even treat a pet dog like that. I dont feel there is any making up minds about it. Its barbaric. full stop. its the same old story of the power over the lessor.
all matter in the universe is totally recycled matter, atoms in my body may have been once atoms in saddam husain for all i know. and its the same way humam consciousness is connected, the same level of being and attitueds that get shared.

no matter if the country is 10000 km a way or if its in your back yard.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeg2222

I was being sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It is an absolutely horror!!!!

Is there anything we, humanity, can do to stop such atrocities to another human life, more so to a child, please?........

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I never remember reading anything in the bible that says its ok to beat 13 yrd old children with lashes and wips leave scars on them for life most likely

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by mikeg2222

I was being sarcastic.

ok no worries !

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
Why does no one look at the fact that she knew the consequences to her actions and chose to break what obviously is a law? When people choose to break the law why do they whine when they are punished according to that law? You can scream bad this and bad that with their belief system, but in the end this is the lifestyle that the child was brought into and raised to understand and respect. I do consider it strickt but I also do not know weather or not this is the first time this child violated the law. She may be a repeat offender. Sometimes when you run a "strickt" environment you have to also make an example out of some one. It just wasn't this childs lucky day.

Seriously?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join