It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi girl 13, sentenced to 90 lashes after she took a mobile phone to school

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
As a human, I don't support this. As a Muslim, I don't support this (it goes against Quranic principles and teachings).

But as a US citizen, I say let them have their own sovereign country. If they don't like it, they can have an uprising. If not, then oh well. It's their country.

Also it's import to realize that Wahabists (the ones in power, with their perverted version of Islam) were brought to power by the Freemasons. They are Freemasons. They are more than just business partners... Wahabists were brought to power to make Islam look bad. That's a fact. Look it up.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

The "business partners" thing was a response to why we don't withdraw our support in the ME.
Honestly, I don't even care if the wahabists were put in place by the "Freemasons." (aside from the fact that I think people place WAY, WAY too much importance on the freemason society)

What can be established as FACT, look it up, is that Saudi Arabia is a business partner of the US. It is also a fact that the US turns a blind-eye to ANY dealings IN Saudi Arabia. (See 9-11)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Eventually though, their reckless abandon catches up to them in the way that they always do. Eventually, you are no longer the top-dog and the time comes to pay the piper.

They'll get their turn. They are paving their own personal road to hell as we speak. AS is this "western" world.

Exactly, so if this is a "natural process" why then interfere?

Nobody interfered when we were at that stage of the process. Maybe it is a necessity to be suppressed in order to realize that individual rights and ethics have to be respected.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

id sure like aliens to supress all of mankind right about now.

or maybe making us think that was their plan the whole time. dun dun dun......

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Wow .. that's a brilliant way to regard these issues

And very well articulated

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Seriously, i would help the unity among people on earth a whole lot if a higher civilization were to oppress us as a whole. Sure it would not be a fun process but eventually we would overcome our oppressor and come out of it with a basic model of ethics which we would all respect........that or we would all die.

Peace

[edit on 21/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Oh, I completely agree. They are huge business partners. Part of the stipulations for bringing the Saudis to power was massive construction and infrastructure contracts with US corporations, not to mention the fact that US dollar is kept artificially inflated because all Saudi oil must be traded in dollars. If it wasn't for that, we would probably be paying $6 a gallon like they do in Europe. We are also their largest purchaser.

I was simply saying there's more to it than meets the eye.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
As a human, I don't support this. As a Muslim, I don't support this (it goes against Quranic principles and teachings).

But as a US citizen, I say let them have their own sovereign country. If they don't like it, they can have an uprising. If not, then oh well. It's their country.

Also it's import to realize that Wahabists (the ones in power, with their perverted version of Islam) were brought to power by the Freemasons. They are Freemasons. They are more than just business partners... Wahabists were brought to power to make Islam look bad. That's a fact. Look it up.

Star Trek TNG had an interesting episode where a boy accidentally stepped on a flower bed while trying to catch a ball, and was sentenced to death for breaking the rule against stepping on the flowers. The question is, where do we draw the line in how much injustice to tolerate in another culture before we feel compelled to meddle in the affairs of others to bring people some semblance of justice?

The number of lashes sounds excessive to me. But at least they aren't killing her over it, though some posters have suggested that she will end up dead, I don't follow the reasons why people are saying that.

If the Wahabists were put in power to make Islam look bad, I'd say they are doing a good job of it.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
Other than the brutality of the Islamic ( Sharia) Law that is about to be unleashed on this 13 year old girl , 90 lashes followed by two months detention for a mere breaking of 'the rules'. A few things caught my interest in this article , these kids receive a harsher punishment that is dished out to looters and some robbers. Saudi Arabia; where cinema and music concerts are banned , where religious police roam the streets , it is no wonder why there is such a hate towards the ' West' . In conclusion of the article was the most surprising ( at least to me ) , was the crucifiction of two people in 2009 in Riyadh.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-1-2010 by L.HAMILTON]

[edit on 1/20/2010 by semperfortis]

Tell your damned president to bring your damned troops back from Saudi Arabia, so the damned Saudis can fight the damned government of Saudi Arabia, and change.

So if you can't be damned in doing that, don't talk about Sharia or Islam. Damn you and your hatred.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Like when african american slaves tried to escape their masters.

Yeha i know what idiots... they knew what they were getting.

But we are talking about a fukking cellphone for crying out loud! Back then slaves ran away cuz they wanted freedom, if u were a slave (wich u are!)would you not try and run away! But severly punishing a 13 year old girl for a material cellphone plus trowing her in jail for 3 months is just ridiculous, ignorant, horrible, ungodly!

And no its NOT god's will or whatever u said, how can you even say that!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JahKinG SouLJaH
But we are talking about a fukking cellphone for crying out loud!

That's just it!! Unless you are from that specific "group", you cannot judge whether or not it is "just a fukking cellphone"...

(i know this is a big no-no on ATS but for argument sake i'll give it anyway)

For instance:

Police arrested an estimated 723,627 persons for m*riju*na violations in 2001, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's annual Uniform Crime Report, released today. The total is the second highest ever recorded by the FBI, and comprises nearly half of all drug arrests in the United States.

I am from the Netherlands, and this seems absolutely ridiculous to me. Yet you do not see me making any effort to change or criticize this because i have to respect your perspective on this. + It does not effect me in any way other then that it give me a good feeling about living in a country were this in not an issue...

Sorry for the off topic...

Peace

[edit on 21/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

That's sick...Saudi people need to throw out their govt. and bring in moderates. Saudi Arabia needs serious policy and laws change. Wonder why US is strongly allied with them when they made such a hue and cry on human rights issue in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

The US government is seriously sick, that is why. They don't care what happens, they just want to rule the world.

I am sorry to say this, but when you think the so-called leader of the world is a puppet, no wonder evil rules the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

That's sick...Saudi people need to throw out their govt. and bring in moderates. Saudi Arabia needs serious policy and laws change.

100% agreed but they have to do it them selfs. They have to reach this insight on their own.

Wonder why US is strongly allied with them when they made such a hue and cry on human rights issue in Iraq.

Can you say: "holier than thou"...... America is just as bad only from a different angle. Criticizing human rights in Iraq was only intended to get you to support their not so ethical "visit" to that country.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
My main problem is why in the hell are we buying oil from the Saudi's. If you defend them then you lack a conscious, that is a fact. The U.S. government and it's holding down alternative energies (Republicans make money directly off of oil, Democrats love the taxes on it) is just disgusting. Anyone saying that we should just leave them alone well you are right in a way. We should stop buying oil from them. As for those people, if you think that it is just there culture then you are an idiot plain and simple. Your type is the exact same type that demands Suffrage and an end to slavery and can't define either one.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

It is all about money.

How stupid.

That is what all of our governments are about.

It will not save them.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Saudi Arabia is the PERFECT example of what happens when Islam is used as a political ideology. Womens' rights get trampled on, bullies with AK47s act as "morality police", religious and other minorities may as well just stay indoors and hide. Even public singing, dancing and shows of affection are frowned upon or even forcibly suppressed.

Religion is a poor excuse for justifying this. It has NOTHING to do with God and EVERYTHING to do with the folly of human beings. It makes me ashamed that Western governments support regimes such as the Saudis, even if under the noble cause of stability.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

The American system could learn a thing or two from the Muslims. I bet the girl doesnt smoke in the bathrooms, give knobbers to little boys in the library, or wear make-up and tights like madanna, or cuss out her mother because she cant date college guys. Yeah, I think American schools and parents could use some of these laws to address poor adolescent behavior. Perhaps then the teenage pregnancy problem would go away, as well as improve the dispositions of our youth.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by regretable]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

some laws are insane though, beating a kid for a mobile is insane, maybe a duster off the head or a slap to the back of the napper, but not 90 lashes

I got caned at school, though it wasn't in accordance with any religious teaching, never did me any harm *twitches uncontrollably and shouts expletives*

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Actually not Islam but Sharia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join