It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi girl 13, sentenced to 90 lashes after she took a mobile phone to school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Saudi girl 13, sentenced to 90 lashes after she took a mobile phone to school

www.dailymail.co.uk

A 13-year-old Saudi schoolgirl is to be given 90 lashes in front of her classmates after she was caught with a mobile camera phone.
The girl, who has not been named, was also sentenced to two months in jail by a court in the eastern city of Jubail.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/20/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Other than the brutality of the Islamic ( Sharia) Law that is about to be unleashed on this 13 year old girl , 90 lashes followed by two months detention for a mere breaking of 'the rules'. A few things caught my interest in this article , these kids receive a harsher punishment that is dished out to looters and some robbers. Saudi Arabia; where cinema and music concerts are banned , where religious police roam the streets , it is no wonder why there is such a hate towards the ' West' . In conclusion of the article was the most surprising ( at least to me ) , was the crucifiction of two people in 2009 in Riyadh.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-1-2010 by L.HAMILTON]

[edit on 1/20/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What if this is really what god wants?

There are alot of people on here that dont believe we have enough evidence either way and would say that your claim of a child not deserving this punishment would be self-richeous and ignorant. Maybe it is for the greater glory of god.......

We cant prove that it isnt.

wow its really easy to say stupid crap like that.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
...Continuing upon the theme of Hell on Earth.

Nothing pisses off a religious sadist worse than being a masochist.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
That punishment is completely inhumane. Situations like this make it easy to understand why some people in the west have a phobia for Islam and The Middle East. It magnifies how different our cultures really are.

IRM

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow, I'm actually surprised to even be hearing of this.

I have wondered for a while why we here in America don't focus on the bassackwardness of Saudi Arabia yet we blow stories out of the damned water if they happen in say.... ummm.... Iran.

I'll tell ya' the truth of it all, nobody really gives a rats ass. At least not the people who make the decisions around here. They are all sociopaths. And they disgust me.

As far as this particular story goes? Not surprising. These people are all sorts of f-ed up.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Dear L.HAMILTON

It comes down to this “do I really care” answer ‘NO”.

These people can not be controlled by the way of thinking in the west. Very much the same as the Japanese in the 1930’s and 1940’s.

Iraq should prove that. Only the likes of Saddam Hussein could keep them in line.

However I am not so sure that are methods are so much better.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
And Obama bow
ed to these Man hand Holding Freaks! That will kill her or worse mame her to the point of suicide. The kind of disfigurement she will recieve would make her worthless to a society where women are just property and the only hope will be to have rich family that will take care of her. I wish I could post the words I have for these ~~~

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow, must have hit a nerve with the Brits, your link has already been pulled from the "Daily Mail".

Some alternative links:

www.heraldsun.com.au...

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

www.foxnews.com...
edit, you fixed your links, but alt news sources can't hurt...

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ZombieJesus]

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ZombieJesus]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Barkster

Well as some on ATS would say.... you cant prove that this isnt what god wants. We cant prove that sharia law isnt the highest order of gods will...

So lets all just enable such behavior. It would be ignorant to think you have any more understanding than them.

See how easy it is watcherintheshadows anyone can say stupid stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why does no one look at the fact that she knew the consequences to her actions and chose to break what obviously is a law? When people choose to break the law why do they whine when they are punished according to that law? You can scream bad this and bad that with their belief system, but in the end this is the lifestyle that the child was brought into and raised to understand and respect. I do consider it strickt but I also do not know weather or not this is the first time this child violated the law. She may be a repeat offender. Sometimes when you run a "strickt" environment you have to also make an example out of some one. It just wasn't this childs lucky day.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Well that is not right, is it? Physically hurting somebody because they deliberately broke the rules.....??

Come to think of it, i really don't think it is up to me to deceit whether or not this is correct. It's not my country and it are not the laws i had to agree with.

I could talk all night with somebody from a country that supports the death penalty about how i think it is unethical to kill a man as a form of punishment but at the end it is not up to me to judge whether or not this is correct. I don't belong to the group to which these rules apply.

If everybody (or at least the majority) agrees that a certain punishment is equal to a certain crime then those are the rules for that group of people. Regardless of what punishment, breaking the rules within a group will lead to punishment. So let's not loose track of who's guilty here....

At least this girl is punished for something she has done!! not like thousands of Chinese people who seem to have vanished from the face of the earth only because they think differently.

Personally, i think it's ridiculous to punish somebody physically but then again that opinion is based on the morals and rules of the group i am from, so i could be wrong. I am not in a position to objectively make that judgment......who is?

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Like when african american slaves tried to escape their masters.

Yeha i know what idiots... they knew what they were getting.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If this is what "God" wants, then "God" can go to hell.

As a female, I cannot even type how this type of inhumanity makes me feel. Her punishment is based on a religion! That is sickening. What brutal beasts those men over there are.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

To think you know any more truth than them is self-righteous and egotistical.

Your obviously projecting your own faults on them.

/sarcasm

I must admit saying stupid stuff like this is fun.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Heh, you go ahead and live your life according to whatever laws someone wants to impose upon you.
For me, I will not abide a law, or acknowledge a punishment, that is degrading to human dignity.

I wonder if you would say the same if you actually lived in such an environment. It could be said, with about equal probability, that she simply forgot she had the damned mobile on her in the first place.

Now she will be killed via lashings for such a SERIOUS offense!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
And Obama bow
ed to these Man hand Holding Freaks! That will kill her or worse mame her to the point of suicide.

Include GW Bush here also....kissing gestures.

www.flickr.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Point is : This is all aimed at hating the U.S. and the western culture. These harsh ways of law are embeded in the minds of the young ,and will keep the flame of JIHAD against the west burning in the veins of our ally ; the Saudis.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is utterly sickening, sickening news from a sick regime.

What I would like to know is where are her parents?

They should be protecting her. If someone tried to do that to a child of mine, they would have to climb over me first.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I must admit saying stupid stuff like this is fun.

Damn shame we cant give u 90 lashes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join