It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poetic Justice (drunk police officer hits patrol car)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Typical cop mentality. Justify illegal actions by assuming everyone does the same. I don't associate with criminal elements and would absolutely rat out friend & family just as equally as foe. So right there in your statement above, you have proven my point.

OPPORTUNITY!

No its called HUMAN mentality, and you are ASSUMING that I said that to JUSTIFY this behavior. That would be incorrect. What I am doing is showing you that WE ARE HUMAN TOO...WE MAKE MISTAKES TOO...WE COVER FOR FRIENDS TOO...get it now?

And wow...aren't you mr high and mighty perfect. You would rat out both friends AND family...hmmm...really? I think my BS meter just broke. See the good thing here is I am a cop and WILL admit I am only human and have done wrong. You bash cops, act like this, say the crap you do and then try and say you would never do wrong or associate with wrongdoers..even FAMILY...and you would rat out EVERYONE...ok...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Typical cop mentality. Justify illegal actions by assuming everyone does the same. I don't associate with criminal elements and would absolutely rat out friend & family just as equally as foe. So right there in your statement above, you have proven my point.

OPPORTUNITY!

No its called HUMAN mentality, and you are ASSUMING that I said that to JUSTIFY this behavior. That would be incorrect. What I am doing is showing you that WE ARE HUMAN TOO...WE MAKE MISTAKES TOO...WE COVER FOR FRIENDS TOO...get it now?

And wow...aren't you mr high and mighty perfect. You would rat out both friends AND family...hmmm...really? I think my BS meter just broke. See the good thing here is I am a cop and WILL admit I am only human and have done wrong. You bash cops, act like this, say the crap you do and then try and say you would never do wrong or associate with wrongdoers..even FAMILY...and you would rat out EVERYONE...ok...

Yeah, I get it. You cover for friends. It couldn't be any clearer. Or less expected

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Yeah, I get it. You cover for friends. It couldn't be any clearer. Or less expected

Please keep this in mind next time your out with family or friends. When you see them do ANYTHING wrong, anything..I want you to hold onto them and call 911 and have them charged. Whether it be a citation or jail time, don't you dare let it go and not call your local cops...and I want you to stand there as the officer strokes your friend or family member a ticket, or stand there as they drive off in the back seat of that patrol car...remember YOU, by your own words, would never cover for a family member or friend for anything...that also means failure to report a crime.

Mom or Dad or Sister or Brother speeding = YOU calling 911 so they get their deserved citation.

See my point...you know damn well you cover for your family and friends and let things slide...so if you want to bash that is fine, but remember what does it make you when you bash me, yet have done the same thing?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I believe most cops cover for one another.

In this case, we have a cruiser which looks to to totalled, or close,
and injury to an on-duty officer which required a trip to the hospital.

That's a pretty tough incident to ignore, whether they wanted to or not.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Please keep this in mind next time your out with family or friends. When you see them do ANYTHING wrong, anything..I want you to hold onto them and call 911 and have them charged. Whether it be a citation or jail time, don't you dare let it go and not call your local cops...and I want you to stand there as the officer strokes your friend or family member a ticket, or stand there as they drive off in the back seat of that patrol car...remember YOU, by your own words, would never cover for a family member or friend for anything...that also means failure to report a crime.

Mom or Dad or Sister or Brother speeding = YOU calling 911 so they get their deserved citation.

See my point...you know damn well you cover for your family and friends and let things slide...so if you want to bash that is fine, but remember what does it make you when you bash me, yet have done the same thing?

Again, I get it. You cover for friends. BUT you don't know me. You don't know my beliefs, my integrity, my values. NOTHING AT ALL...and there you go AGAIN with that crap..."oh, everybody does it" maybe everyone YOU know...it just reminds me of a family saying (borrowed of course) "show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are". Well, I see who you are...and you picked the right profession!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

All I have to do is read some of your posts throughout ATS and its pretty easy to see who you are and what your all about....not to mention, show that your not some squeeky clean version of perfection. Of course you'll never be man enough to admit that so its a lost cause...so enjoy your thread and bashing and the rest of the useless words...

bottom line...this GUY made the same choice THOUSANDS do and he paid for it...and luckily noone was killed. He will now pay for his mistake as OTHERS do and live with it....

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

All I have to do is read some of your posts throughout ATS and its pretty easy to see who you are and what your all about....not to mention, show that your not some squeeky clean version of perfection.

Really? U2U me with examples then. I don't break the law. I don't condone breaking the law and I believe you would really have to stretch and twist my words to paint a picture of me that is contrary to that. I may be controversial, but there is no crime in that now is there?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Well, I see who you are...and you picked the right profession!

Your right I did. Matter of fact two days ago my investigation locked up a guy who raped TWO 16 year olds in less than a year. What did you do this week?

You can make fun of me, my profession, and LEO's all day my friend, but what you don't understand is, I will wake up tomorrow, go into work and do my best to help the people who count on me to make things right.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Hate to jump into the fray here, but...

The difference is that law enforcement officers chose a career in which they spend their life arresting and investigating people for breaking the law.
When they choose to look the other way because of personal or professional relationships, after having spent eight hours a day arresting people for the same actions, that is just hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Well, I see who you are...and you picked the right profession!

Your right I did. Matter of fact two days ago my investigation locked up a guy who raped TWO 16 year olds in less than a year. What did you do this week?

You can make fun of me, my profession, and LEO's all day my friend, but what you don't understand is, I will wake up tomorrow, go into work and do my best to help the people who count on me to make things right.

Nice Job! see we DO have some common ground...now lets build on it. Again, I'm not a cop hater.

I'm very disappointed in the percentage of cops that make "human" mistakes, one would think that they are better than that. Not to mention, everything they do wrong is going to be magnified because of their position of power and their innate ability to abuse their powers and get cleared of their wrong doings by IA even in the face of incriminating evidence.

I don't hate, I appreciate. BUT, If it walks like a duck.....

So, I wish to extend the olive branch to you and make amends. Just please don't make assumptions or jump to conclusions and I give you my word that I will do the same from here on out.

Agreed?

Agreed!

Aggie Man

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
Hate to jump into the fray here, but...

The difference is that law enforcement officers chose a career in which they spend their life arresting and investigating people for breaking the law.
When they choose to look the other way because of personal or professional relationships, after having spent eight hours a day arresting people for the same actions, that is just hypocritical.

But we do not always arrest everyone for the things their doing. I have let people go for drug possession, fighting, vehicle violations, etc....so if I let you go Oaktree because i clocked you doing 90 in a 50, does that make me a dirty cop when I let a fellow officer go who was doing 85 in a 45?

Or when I pull the dime bag of weed out of your front pocket and decide that you need to be given a chance to right a wrong, so I let you go and just destroy the MJ, and then a fellow officer who is off duty is intoxicated in public because he lost his kids in a divorce, soooo I call and get him a ride and don't arrest him.

You see the tide rolls both ways...just you guys never see that side. Never see the breaks and second chances we give people because we understand YOUR human..just like WE are human. Its actually that simple...lol

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Nice Job! see we DO have some common ground...now lets build on it. Again, I'm not a cop hater.

I'm very disappointed in the percentage of cops that make "human" mistakes, one would think that they are better than that. Not to mention, everything they do wrong is going to be magnified because of their position of power and their innate ability to abuse their powers and get cleared of their wrong doings by IA even in the face of incriminating evidence.

I don't hate, I appreciate. BUT, If it walks like a duck.....

So, I wish to extend the olive branch to you and make amends. Just please don't make assumptions or jump to conclusions and I give you my word that I will do the same from here on out.

Agreed?

Agreed!

Aggie Man

Aggie i appreciate it, and I take pride in my work. Nothing more rewarding then lookin someone like him in the face KNOWING he can't hurt those girls again. And yes he got a few choice words spoken to him as I read him the charges and placed him under arrest...

I understand your frustration, but you and many others have to stop putting us on some higher level. Yes we recieve training and tend to have type A personalities, etc...but we really have all the same issues as you. We go to work and deal with other peoples problems, drama, issues, etc...all day then come home to deal with the same stuff. Imagine a life where, other than sleeping, your always dealing with issues! Don't get me wrong I love it, but for some it can and will tax them to a breaking point.

I am the first one to agree when a cop does something wrong. As in this thread, this guy should definitly be jailed, definitly lose his badge and never work as a cop again.

As for you offering peace...I have no problems with that. I agree, but please don't lose the fight to debate, its no fun not having someone to butt heads with...
Again I love my job and KNOW there are issues among us, but those issues are just like the ones all professions and PEOPLE face...

[edit on 1/20/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

I see where you're coming from, and if your're one of the guys who still let some things slide, then that's great, and what's needed in this society.

When I was a young man, I was a hell-raiser, yet I was "let go" more times than I was arrested or ticketed.
That was also when L.E.'s were known as P.O.'s.
Ever since police officers turned into law enforcement officers, and I'm talking a decade or two, I've seen a big change, at least up here in WI.

I no longer hear of, or experience, the occasional "warning".
Not me, my friends, family, or co-workers.

It seems that the attitude has changed into this idea that if you have contact with L.E. your getting a ticket for something.

I personally chalk it up to revenue generation.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

We go to work and deal with other peoples problems, drama, issues, etc...all day then come home to deal with the same stuff. Imagine a life where, other than sleeping, your always dealing with issues! Don't get me wrong I love it, but for some it can and will tax them to a breaking point.

Although my day job doesn't place me in direct danger (usually). As an auto liability investigator, I deal with a lot of the same issues...other peoples problems, drama and worst of all...being yelled at LIKE I WAS THE ONE DRIVING THE CAR THAT HIT THEM
It is, without a doubt, frustrating and thankless.

I agree, but please don't lose the fight to debate, its no fun not having someone to butt heads with...

That, my friend, is something I will never lose...healthy, even heated debate is in my blood...I, of course, like it best when it results in no hard feelings. So, with that being said, I look forward to seeing you on the "battlefields" of ATS as friend, foe, or indifferent.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I really didn't want to get into this but I will and I'll probably be sorry for it.

Yes, in a way there was some poetic justice of sorts if you want to look at it that way. But, I think the real issue was reached early on and that is, are LEO's, for the most part, honest or dishonest? They do occupy positions of trust so the question is a valid one but not likely to ever be answered to everyone's satisfaction.

So, I would say this, it's a matter of leadership. Corruption can start at the top or the bottom but in order for it to flourish it requires a blind eye or a wink and a nod from the top.

Some police departments are led by honest forthright people who won't tolerate corruption of any kind within the ranks. They lead by example and expect the officers under their command to walk the talk. This is also the kind of leadership that demands professionalism and works to weed out the ones who would better suited in another line of work. It's rarely done with fanfare for the sake of public image but they do it.

When the leadership is rotten it shows and grows worse with time. Good cops leave and the bad cops get worse. The truism here is that when you enter any organization and it's rotten at the top you have two choices. You can leave or you can become what they are because they will not tolerate anything less than comformity with the status quo.

There's always going to be the occasional bad apple anywhere you go. It's when all the apples are bad that you have a problem.

There's good cops and bad cops. This poor guy has lost his career not to mention fines, court costs, lawyers and who knows what else. He'll pay for his sin.

I guess what I'm saying is that if this was intended to be "proof positive" that all cops are bad and they all try to hide the dirty deeds of their brethern then it's a failed mission. The premise won't hold water.

If it was tongue in cheek humor that a LEO who obviously thought that he was above the law found out otherwise then you've hit the mark.

I say all of this as no particular fan of LEO's but the truth is the truth. The brush you're trying to paint this with is way too wide.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

What are the odds that this moron gets off with a slap on the wrist?

Does Plano have a reputation for giving cops a slap on the wrist?

Is the PD in your town known for being corrupt?

Intoxication Assault Probation

Intoxication Assault is defined as a person causing serious bodily injury to another by reason of driving while intoxicated. Serious bodily injury includes injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes serious permanent disfigurement. Probation is still an available option with court approval.

In addition to the conditions for a first DWI probation, the probation conditions of Intoxication Assault include:

* Community service anywhere between 160 to 600 hours.
* 30 days in county jail as a condition of probation
* Participate in substance abuse/alcohol programs whether they be in-patient or out-patient.

www.dwi-houston.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

I no longer hear of, or experience, the occasional "warning".
Not me, my friends, family, or co-workers.

Funny story to share:

about this time last year, I was pulled over for my vehicle registration being out (by 10 days). Now the law stipulates that the owner of the vehicle has a 1 months grace period to renew...but the officer doesn't present it to me that way...he just says "I'll let you off with a warning this time....this time". Coincidentally, I was on my way to the County Tax Assessors office to renew when this happened. My wife was freaking out, but I knew the law and calmed her nerves. Boy was she impressed when I drove away citation free.

Now, 2 blocks later (no joke) I was pulled over again...for the same exact thing, only a different officer. So I proceed to tell the officer what had just transpired. At which point, I was asked to step out of the vehicle. I complied without question. Immediately, he asks me why I'm being a smart a$$. Now I'm thinking "oh boy, here we go". Just when things were looking bleak, to 1st officer that had stopped me pulled up. Needless to say, I was let go. BUT, I can only imagine what might have happened IF the 1st officer had not rolled by.

So, that was both a good and bad experience all within a matter of a few minutes...where in the first scenario I knew I was safe and all was good...and moments later had visions of myself being detained in a holding cell because of being a smart a$$, which to this day I do not believe to be a crime.

EDIT: this little anecdote has reminded me that my registration is expired

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Does Plano have a reputation for giving cops a slap on the wrist?

Is the PD in your town known for being corrupt?

Intoxication Assault Probation

Intoxication Assault is defined as a person causing serious bodily injury to another by reason of driving while intoxicated. Serious bodily injury includes injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes serious permanent disfigurement. Probation is still an available option with court approval.

In addition to the conditions for a first DWI probation, the probation conditions of Intoxication Assault include:

* Community service anywhere between 160 to 600 hours.
* 30 days in county jail as a condition of probation
* Participate in substance abuse/alcohol programs whether they be in-patient or out-patient.

www.dwi-houston.com...

Not much corruption charges brought about in the Plano PD that I know of, so I can't say one way or the other. BUT, as an auto liability investigator, I have had 2 instances where officers ran red lights without siren or lights or apparent reason. Many witnesses gave sworn statements as to the fact that the officer was in the wrong. Guess who's policy paid? Not the Plano PD. Why? because of the other officers that were willing to testify at trial as to the credibility of the accident causing officer and the officer's attorney threatening to sue my insured. That just seems wrong and has a hint of corruptness behind it. You know using the badge to sway civil justice.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In many cases (when deserved) I will defend then police, as it seems many are out to target them with hatred.

But one thing that takes place over that is law. Not just law but DUI laws. One of my biggest pet peeves is drunken driving. I hope they throw the book at this guy. I don’t care who he is or if this is the first time he ever drove drunk, he should be punished to the fullest. I would say the same if it were a friend or family member and have said that for quite a long time.

If he or anyone else hits me while my son is in the car and they are drunk the police and jail are the least of their worries. They better pray the police get there quickly to arrest them. Driving while drunk is totally uncalled for and I think the punishments should be greater than they are.

Raist

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

So, right here in my home town, an off duty police officer was involved in an auto accident in which he was intoxicated, ran a red light and hit another vehicle. What kind of vehicle did he hit? Hint: It's black & white and has pretty red and blue lights on top.

PLANO — Off-duty Plano police Officer Ray Wildes was drunk and speeding when his pickup truck ran a red light and crashed into another officer's patrol car early Friday morning.

That's according to the police report on the accident which resulted in broken bones and bruises for both officers.

The report said Wildes, 37, had a blood alcohol level measured at over 0.10 and the legal limit is 0.08. He was also speeding.

Wildes now faces a charge of intoxication assault.

He was driving his own black pick-up when he ran a red light eastbound on Legacy Drive ramming right into the front end of an on-duty police officer's squad car.

Source: www.wfaa.com...

EDIT: I have changed the title of this thread, so as to NOT give off the impression that I am COP BASHING...oh how sensitive the men in blue can be.

A lot of cop bashing HAS been ongoing....this dude DESERVES IT! He should get DOUBLE of whatever the penalty is!

I'm in the DFW area as well (east of it). Was this the same guy that was shagging a female cop? One is married? Heard some blip on the news about this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join