It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poetic Justice (drunk police officer hits patrol car)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So, right here in my home town, an off duty police officer was involved in an auto accident in which he was intoxicated, ran a red light and hit another vehicle. What kind of vehicle did he hit? Hint: It's black & white and has pretty red and blue lights on top.

PLANO — Off-duty Plano police Officer Ray Wildes was drunk and speeding when his pickup truck ran a red light and crashed into another officer's patrol car early Friday morning.

That's according to the police report on the accident which resulted in broken bones and bruises for both officers.

The report said Wildes, 37, had a blood alcohol level measured at over 0.10 and the legal limit is 0.08. He was also speeding.

Wildes now faces a charge of intoxication assault.

He was driving his own black pick-up when he ran a red light eastbound on Legacy Drive ramming right into the front end of an on-duty police officer's squad car.

Source: www.wfaa.com...

What are the odds that this moron gets off with a slap on the wrist?

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

EDIT: I have changed the title of this thread, so as to NOT give off the impression that I am COP BASHING...oh how sensitive the men in blue can be.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The same chances any other moron drunk will get. They filed charges and it sounds like Felony charges. The mans career as a cop is over, as it should be, and I am pretty sure he will recieve whatever punishment Texas hands out to anyone else.

[*SNIP*]

If his fellow officers arrest and charge him AND it's in the media...your not going to exactly have much to spew when it comes to this situation!!!

[*SNIP*]

Mod note: Please stay on topic and do not attack other members.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm sure he will get his just deserts.

It would've been different if he was just pulled over drinking, as the culture in Texas is different then the rest of the country anyways when it comes to drinking and driving. (I've lived here my whole life...and know many people, civilians and cops (when speaking candidly) that really don't really care if someone is for the most part. )

But he hit someone, and a cop at that. I'm sure the first officer on the scene that wasn't hit said something similar to "are you out of your effing mind?!"

Watch, he gets the book thrown at him.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Click here for more information.

Mod Note: Do not edit staff actions.

[edit on 1/20/2010 by AshleyD]

Hey, you put you chocolate in my peanutbutter.....does that count as editing?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wonder how many DUI arrests he made before making his hypocritical mistake? I think I will truck on down to the PD tomorrow and see what I can dig up in the records dept.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Your rhetoric towards police officers is offensive.

They are not mostly corrupt. And they do speak out against those that are. I would take a second and get to know some, or get to know a wider selection. My great grandfather was a cop, several friend's parents were cops. I've gone out and drank with them and their cop buddies. Most are great people.

(edit to add great grandfather)

[edit on 1/20/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

Your rhetoric towards police officers is offensive.

They are not mostly corrupt. And they do speak out against those that are. I would take a second and get to know some, or get to know a wider selection. My grandfather was a cop, several friend's parents were cops. I've gone out and drank with them and their cop buddies. Most are great people.

Being a part of the family, blinds you from an objective opinion. I respect it nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
PLEASE keep to the topic and not each other or the thread will be closed.

Thank you.

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

[edit on January 20th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thank you MODS for keeping it fair

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Dude...thanks for sharing the story...most cops are (cusses), so I hope that he gets what's coming to him...based upon personal experience (not getting into it so don't ask), one of two things will happen:

1. He gets a slap on the wrist because he's got an otherwise clean record, is a decorated officer, related to someone important, has a good lawyer, and/or is in front of a pro-cop judge.

2. They make an example of him because he's a prick and/or, he doesn't fit into any of the above categories...

Okay...BTW...I appreciate the effort, but I'm a bit disappointed...you need to add something to your story to spice it up a bit...maybe something having to do with aliens, gov't conspiracies, armageddon, or secret societies for anyone on this site to give a (cuss)...

S&F anyway...just because...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sounds like god doesn't want him to have a job. Head on into an on duty cop? That is just too sweet.

Just goes to show that police officers are human too. We all make mistakes.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
double post....darn back page thingy

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
cop bashing? not really. BUT, it could easily become one...and no one could say it isn't deserved...

Most cops ARE dirt bags...the ones that aren't....might as well be, as they refuse to speak out against their "brothers".

So, do you want to go down this path with me? I can already tell by your tone that you have the stink of LEO all over you. Nothing to add, go polish your badge and clean your pistol...and go write some traffic citations...you know, the real crime...

Ok so let me get this straight. Its obvious you hate cops, no big deal, but when your not smart enough to add things up and see whats really going on...I just can't imagine living like that. Here is why...

So you admit that this could become yet another bashing thread and there is NO DOUBT that this was your intent when posting it. That is all fine and dandy, but where you go wrong is you last two paragraphs.

Most cops ARE dirt bags...the ones that aren't....might as well be, as they refuse to speak out against their "brothers".

They refuse to speak out...hmmmm...wow...well...in YOUR post it states that the off duty cop WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED!!! I think thats speaking out and NOT covering up as you had hoped or wanted so you could vent about us.

So, do you want to go down this path with me? I can already tell by your tone that you have the stink of LEO all over you. Nothing to add, go polish your badge and clean your pistol...and go write some traffic citations...you know, the real crime...

The stink..haha...anyway...nothing to add huh. Well Einstein how can I add to an open and shut case that was OBVIOUSLY handled the right way?

As for the rest of your comments....

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by polychronopolis
Dude...thanks for sharing the story...most cops are (cusses), so I hope that he gets what's coming to him...based upon personal experience (not getting into it so don't ask), one of two things will happen:

1. He gets a slap on the wrist because he's got an otherwise clean record, is a decorated officer, related to someone important, has a good lawyer, and/or is in front of a pro-cop judge.

2. They make an example of him because he's a prick and/or, he doesn't fit into any of the above categories...

Okay...BTW...I appreciate the effort, but I'm a bit disappointed...you need to add something to your story to spice it up a bit...maybe something having to do with aliens, gov't conspiracies, armageddon, or secret societies for anyone on this site to give a (cuss)...

S&F anyway...just because...

You mean poetic justice wasn't enough?
Speaking of secret societies...don't the men in blue qualify?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

I'm not a cop hater. I defend them just as much as I criticize. Oh, and of course the moron was arrested. It happened on a public road with lots of witnesses...how could they not? Not to mention there were injuries and hospitals kind of like to know and report on such incidents. But believe me when I say that IF he had been stopped for suspicion...he would have gotten a friendly ride HOME and not to jail.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

OK, then take out rcwj1975 comment accusing me of creating a "cop bashing thread". It wasn't intended to be such, but his comment sparked me...better remove it

Why else would you post a topic/news article/incident like this. it should of said:

OFF DUTY COP CRASHES INTO ANOTHER COP WHILE DRUNK AND POLICE DO NOT ARREST OR COVER IT UP...then you have something worth putting up here...

people of ALL professions get DUI's...why not post them...oh wait..thats right, cop haters tend to think we officers are somehow above you and not prone to human mistakes....

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

OK, then take out rcwj1975 comment accusing me of creating a "cop bashing thread". It wasn't intended to be such, but his comment sparked me...better remove it

Why else would you post a topic/news article/incident like this. it should of said:

OFF DUTY COP CRASHES INTO ANOTHER COP WHILE DRUNK AND POLICE DO NOT ARREST OR COVER IT UP...then you have something worth putting up here...

people of ALL professions get DUI's...why not post them...oh wait..thats right, cop haters tend to think we officers are somehow above you and not prone to human mistakes....

That's a rather long title. My title...seemed fitting....you just can't make stuff up that is as good as reality in this case. I added the (drunk police officer) to the title, so as to give folks an idea of what the thread was about. I know I hate thread titles that say things like "what is this?" or "could this be it"...you know, the kinds of titles that really could be anything..then you click the link and discover it is nothing of interest...well, I tried to create a title that was enticing, yet notified ATSers of the content subject.

As to why not post about other professions getting DUIs? Well, it should be obvious. This is poetic justice. Drunk cop hits ANOTHER COP

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Let me ask you...have you EVER covered for a friend? Ever seen someone you know do something stupid, illegal, etc...and DIDN'T say anything? I am guessing you have.as most people at some point have...so that means your saying your as much of a lowlife as all of us...well then welcome to the brotherhood...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I remember seeing this story in the news earlier today. Im from the area (Denton). There was another dwi police officer the other week i think and he was from Arlington this time. From what Ive seen, this kind of is a common occurance from time to time in this area. Every couple of weeks theres usually a cop that got a dwi or some other charge down here. 2 or so weeks ago a dallas police officer got a theft charge I believe for stealing evidence i think. The city of dallas has alot of courrupt officals and everything. Im glad I got a bit away from that city.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Let me ask you...have you EVER covered for a friend? Ever seen someone you know do something stupid, illegal, etc...and DIDN'T say anything? I am guessing you have.as most people at some point have...so that means your saying your as much of a lowlife as all of us...well then welcome to the brotherhood...

Typical cop mentality. Justify illegal actions by assuming everyone does the same. I don't associate with criminal elements and would absolutely rat out friend & family just as equally as foe. So right there in your statement above, you have proven my point.

OPPORTUNITY!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join