It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anyway to get to Heaven??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is one of the things that bothers me about Christianity. There are so many stipulations that all carry the penalty of not getting to heaven. I know that if you ask forgiveness you are supposed to be forgiven but come on almost everyone does atleast one thing wrong in a days time. So basically if I lust after a woman at 12:00 Noon and I don't ask forgiveness before I am hit by a car at 12:10 then I am going to hell?

I am not bashing christians here at all I just think that the guidlines are almost impossible to follow. Take the account of Richard Deem when he meets god.

"I am the Lord your God. Richard Deem, give me an account of your life."

"Lord, I did my best and and led an exemplary life. I never was physically involved with any of my girlfriends. I was a Scout leader for years. I tried to help people in some way almost every day. I did a lot of other good things - I'm, sure you know all about them."

"Richard, have you ever lied?"

"I tried to tell the truth all the time and was almost always honest."

"Richard, have you ever lied?"

"Yes, Lord. I have lied some."

"Richard, what do you call a person who lies?"

"A liar, Lord."

"Richard, what does my word say about liars?"

"It says that all liars will be sent to hell, Lord."

"Richard, have you ever taken anything that is not yours?"

"Lord, You know that I am an honest person."

"Richard, have you ever taken something that belonged to someone else?"

"Yes, Lord."

"Richard, what do you call someone who takes something that belongs to another?"

"A thief, Lord. I am a thief."

"Richard, what does my word say about thieves?"

"It says that no thieves will enter into heaven, Lord."

"Richard, have you ever wanted something that belonged to someone else?"

"Yes, Lord."

"Richard, what does my word say about people who want things that belong to others?

"It says they are coveting, Lord"

"Richard, what does my word say will happen to those who covet?"

"It says that no covetous people will enter into heaven, Lord."

"Richard, have you ever killed anybody?"

"Of course not, Lord."

"Richard, have you ever hated anybody?"

"Yes, Lord."

"Richard, what does my word say about people who hate others."

"It says that they are guilty of murder in their heart."

"Richard, what does that make you?"

"I'm a murderer, Lord."

"Richard, have you ever called anybody a fool?"

"Yes, Lord, but he was really stupid."

"Richard, what does my word say about people who call others a fool?"

"It says that they shall be guilty enough to go into hell."

"Richard, have you ever committed adultery?"

"Absolutely not, Lord."

"Richard, have you ever lusted after a woman?"

"Yes, Lord."

"Richard, what does my word say about those who lust after a woman?"

"It says that he has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

"Richard, what does that make you?"

"I am an adulterer, Lord."

"Richard, what does my word say will happen to adulterers?"

"It says that no adulterers will enter into heaven, Lord."

"Richard Deem, are you ready for me to pronounce sentence?"

"Wait, Lord. What about all the good things I have done."

"Richard, are you pleading not guilty to the above crimes?"

"No, Lord. I am guilty."

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't believe in heavin. You might want to look into quantum physics to see about alternate universes and such.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
We all go somewhere when we die so don't worry be heaven another dimension or another planet, life on earth is just a passing stage. We are not free until we shed our earthy shell.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I supposed the best way would be to cut off your dick and remove your brain so that you don't have the ability to think.

This way, you are sure not to break any rules and shall be excepted into the kingdom of heaven as a vegetable.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
FAITH IN CHRIST IS ALL IT TAKES.
IN THE OLD TESTAMENT MAN TRIED TO BE LIKE GOD (THAT'S WHY ADAM AND EVE ATE THE FRUIT)
GOD BASICALLY SAID...OK IF YOU WANT TO BE LIKE ME HERE'S THE STANDARD WRITTEN IN STONE...THIS IS MY WAYS, YOU WANT TO BE LIKE ME THEN DO IT.
NO BODY EVER COULD, NOT DAVID, NOT ABRAHAM, NOT THE PROPHETS, THAT'S WHY WE NEEDED CHRIST TO DIE FOR US. HE FULFILLED THE LAW, THE ONLY ONE THAT ACCOMPLISHED ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS, WHEN HE WENT TO THE CROSS SO DID THE LAW AND IT DIED WITH HIM....NOW IT IS ONLY FAITH IN HIM THAT SAVES US. THERE IS 'NOTHING' WE CAN DO TO SAVE OURSELVES.
FUNDAMENTALISTS HAVE A PRETENSE OF PERFECTION AND THEY MAY BE ABLE TO FOOL MAN BUT THEY CAN'T FOOL GOD...HE SAID 'ALL' HAVE SINNED AND FALL SHORT....
WHEN YOU ASK CHRIST TO ENTER YOU HE DOES, AND THE PROCESS OF CHANGE HAPPENS, HE MAKES US TO BE MORE LIKE HIM...IT'S A LIFE TIME PROCESS. GOD TEACHES BY EXPERIENCES. IF YOU THINK THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ROSY WHEN YOU BECOME A CHRISTIAN YOU'RE WRONG...ALL HELL'S GONNA BREAK LOOSE. BUT GOD PROVIDES AND PROTECTS, HE IS THE ONE BRINGING YOU TO SALVATION.
THE MINUTE YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF OF GOD AND PUT THEM ON YOURSELF IN ORDER TO REACH HEAVEN YOU'VE LOST THE BALL, BUT IT'S OK...PICK UP THE BALL AND KEEP GOING !

REMEMBER EARTH AND OUR LIVES DOWN HERE IS A TRAINING GROUND...WE DON'T GET THE PRIZE HERE !

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yeah seriously if you have accepted christ, and taken him into your heart. You are saved, and you will go to heaven. Your sins, and you behavior will dictate your life here on earth, ask and he will forgive you. And if you sin before you ask forgivenss and then die one day, you are forgiven because forgiveness is in your heart. He is not a shister thats gonna go "uh oh forgot ask, go to hell" its not like that, he know that one day we may have a bad day, cuss some out for a cab, and then die crossing the street to get it. No one knows when they are going to go.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Think of it this way. When Jesus died on the cross 2000 years ago, how many times had you sinned at that moment? So, we could say that he died for future sins, or at least from His point of view you sins had already taken place.

Asking for forgiveness once is good enough, but you shouldn't use that as an excuse to sin. Do you best to live as Jesus would want you to. You don't have to be perfect, and He understands your weaknesses. The very reason he came here in the first place.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I believe heaven and hell are not places you go put meanings for the realitys we create.

top topics

join