It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. panel: We erred on glacier warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

GENEVA - Five glaring errors were discovered in one paragraph of the world's most authoritative report on global warming, forcing the Nobel Prize-winning panel of climate scientists who wrote it to apologize and promise to be more careful.

The errors are in a 2007 report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a U.N.-affiliated body. All the mistakes appear in a subsection that suggests glaciers in the Himalayas could melt away by the year 2035 — hundreds of years earlier than the data actually indicates. The year 2350 apparently was transposed as 2035.

Full Article on MSNBC

Seems like more and more they are admitting everything they have published about global warming is wrong, yet they still fight to get their political agenda regarding it passed. 2350 reported as 2035? That's a big difference...wonder how much else they will finally reveal to be made up/wrong altogether???

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Further down in the article it mentions this:

A table says that between 1845 and 1965, the Pindari Glacier shrank by 2,840 meters. Then comes a math mistake: It says that's a rate of 135.2 meters a year, when it really is only 23.5 meters a year.in the article it

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I surprized this does not have more posts. It warms my heart to see the end of a false movement in its last breaths.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If we last till 2350, I'm sure long before that they should be able to fix any such problems that may arise, most likely by 2150 or sooner, so that's at least 200 years to spare.
I wonder how long these brains were in school, to make such brainie mistakes.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I surprized this does not have more posts. It warms my heart to see the end of a false movement in its last breaths.

I concur!
It's just too bad they will still go through with all the carbon taxes and other BS that was the result of the false reports!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
the reason it doesn't have more posts is because all the climate fanbois have nothing to say...

new topics

top topics

join