It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* News * World news * FBI FBI 'fabricated terror emergencies to get phone records'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Justice department to accuse FBI of invoking crises to obtain details of more than 2,000 calls, Washington Post reports

The US justice department is preparing a report which concludes that the FBI repeatedly broke the law by invoking terrorism emergencies that did not exist to obtain more than 2,000 telephone call records over four years from 2002, including those of journalists on US newspapers, according to emails obtained by the Washington

Full Article

Was this not a concern from the beginning of the "Patriot act" What ELSE have they lied about??
The very nightmare everyone had concerns about has already come true ( but the FBI did say they were "sorry" )

[Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Who cares?

It's what they can do with those records that should alarm you.

They can (believe it or not) manipulate those phone records to support a case of criminal activity (fabricated) against anyone they have targeted.

Then they get to arrest you, interrogate you, attempt to get a confession and if they want, completely destroy your life, or simply let you live in fear that they will as long as you are willing to do as they command.

Do not underestimate their capabilities and corruption.

Sue me!

Bastards.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
yes you are correct, but they did say they were "sorry"

so the next time a Person of authority finds you in the "wrong" tell them "the FBI said it's ok, as long as I say I'm sorry".

I wonder how far that really would get someone (beside a long prison term or a nice "psych" evaluation)

I personally have never owned a firearm, Next payday I will.....

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wow,

who cares?!?!?

HOW ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR THIS FOR THE LAST 9 YEARS!!!!The Justice dept is accusing them of completely scamming the public!! Remember Obama said he was going to be doing extensive reforms this month! Could this be the beginning? This isn't just using the questionable tactics of the Patriot Act, this is full out fraud!

This is huge news, I think it will be on MSM within the next couple days (hours?)

[edit on 20-1-2010 by kyle43]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

Careful... if you make their list you'll learn first hand just how bad they can be.

Not something I would wish on ANYONE.

Consider yourselves warned.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
FBI = Fabricate, Bait & Interrogate

You know, this IS news...but it's not anything that the entire world didn't already have full belief in.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
FBI = Fabricate, Bait & Interrogate

You know, this IS news...but it's not anything that the entire world didn't already have full belief in.

I completely agree, just because everyone in the ATS scene knows at least something about 9/11 and conspiracies doesn't mean that there aren't 95 times more people that know nothing about it. The world is quite a large place, and for this to OFFICIALLY come out of the US government is saying quite a lot

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

To late, I'm a Decorated Marine and held a Top Secret Clearance in the USMC.
I'm already On the list, but I own NO PHONE and haven't since I've been released from active duty. ( work does provide me with a phone, but it's in their name )

This could HELP wake up the sheeple, but then Jersey Shore finale is on tomorrow night so who'll notice??

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
I own NO PHONE and haven't since I've been released from active duty. ( work does provide me with a phone, but it's in their name )

That is not a problem for them, in fact it can make it easier in some cases to get records... In this case they would only need confirmation (testimony) from your employer that you had a particular phone assigned to you at a particular time of interest to an investigation, then obtain the records for THAT phone and go from there.

If you were really on their list, nothing will stop them, they can do things you can't possibly imagine... even without phone records.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Do things I cannot Imagine? Sorry that I find humorous. I used to "do" those things in the USMC.
There is no record I have that phone, no signed papers, no recorded ISDN, Nothing.

I had 4 boss's since I got the phone, I doubt my current boss even knows the company pays for it.

The thing I wonder about is if this is political infighting more than a "get the bad guys" thing.

What did the FBI do recently to piss of the DOJ?

I am going to keep an eye on this and see if it develops more or just fades away.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati

What did the FBI do recently to piss of the DOJ?

Oh I don't know, maybe running a covert criminal contraband smuggling and distribution organization with affiliates in organized crime.. who are protected and aided through massive payoffs and other incentives including extortion.

An operation that will stop at nothing to protect and defend itself.

A bag so full of stinking rotting corruption that some of it leaked into the wrong hands in the DOJ... In time this situation will be corrected as well, or made to look like something else and everyone can go back to their normal everyday activity in the DOJ, and those who do not... you ARE on their list!

Pure speculation ... Of course.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyle43

This is huge news, I think it will be on MSM within the next couple days (hours?)

Been a while now and I must admit, I'm impressed!

Simply amazing, the broad coverage of this "news" has been overwhelming.

Hundreds of posts and threads covering this huge news all over ATS.

The FBI did what?

top topics

join