It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus Is God.......

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AeosGuru

quote; But the trinity seems is paganismus like most of the roman doctrine. >>

Interesting, however, if thats the case, why have not any orthodox Christian church repudiated the doctrice in the last five hundred years?

This word signifies that there are three persons in God. It is a heavenly mystery which the world cannot understand. I have often told you that this, as well as every other article of faith, must not be based upon reason or comparisons, but must be understood and established by means of passages from the Scriptures, for God has the only perfect knowledge and knows how to speak concerning himself.
Martin Luther on the Holy Trinity

For Calvin, the Trinity is primarily a way to talk about God properly, lest we come to fashion an idol of our own making.

""Though I believe the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God; yet I scruple using the words Trinity and Persons, because I do not find those terms in the Bible." These are the words which merciful John Calvin cites as wrote by Servitus in a letter to himself. I would insist only on the direct words, unexplained, just as they lie in the text: "There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: And these three are one."
John Wesly

"Based on the Reformed or Calvinist tradition which believes in the trinity, the final authority of scripture, salvation by faith alone,......"
Congregational beliefs

"THE Scripture doctrine of the Trinity is set forth in the abstract of principles of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in these words (Art. III.): " God is revealed to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.''
The peculiarity of this definition is that it is a mere statement of the Scriptural facts revealed, while, at the same time, it includes every point involved in the doctrine of the Trinity as held by orthodox Christians of all ages."

Orthodox Christians believe there are three persons in the Godhead, each divine, distinct and equal. The Father God is the eternal head; the Son is begotten of the Father; the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join