It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to tell if the Liberal / Democrat is really a secret Bush supporter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
One way to tell if the Liberal / Democrat is in their attack on Bush.

There are quite a few here at ATS who don't believe the 9/11 Commission Report. John Farmer, General Council for the Commission, put out his book last year saying that for the most part, the Report was a pack of lies.

Now, I would think that at the very minimum that Bush should face murder: accessory after the fact charges, treason at the maximum. This leads me to believe that those on the Left who are not shouting from the rooftops for this must want to protect him.

The Right went after Clinton even though he said he "did not have sexual intercorse with that woman". The Left went after Nixon and his started as a simple B&E. The Left went after Reagan on Iran / Contra.

I hear the Left bashing Bush STILL! but many must be protecting him for many are not calling for a trial. Of course I don't hear that many on the Right calling out for "Truth, Justice & the American Way".

The next time you hear someone bashing Bush, just smile. You now know that they are really secret Bush supporters.

I'm not with the Left or Right. I am a Conservative: fiscally and governmentally as well as a Christian (my definition).
Next way to tell a secret Bush supporter will be their stance on "No WMDs found".

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Great thread. But even more than that, I would say how to tell if the left secretly supports the right or the right secretly supports the left.

Funny isn't it how they constantly screech at each other but never really take any action? As in, serious action. It's pretty apparent they're on the same team and just differ on certain issues- but not main goals.

I once heard it described as being like pro-wrestling. They throw each other around the ring but once the show is over, they're sipping on beers and having a good laugh while counting their money.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think it is more likely that they made a deal: No legal proceedings in exchange for support in several arenas... What those arenas are though I've no idea since obviously it isn't healthcare.

Course, I don't think the left is as bloodthirsty as the right. I think they would prefer the last 8 failed years would simply go away (while milking it in the political world-funny how that works). It is also possible they have hesitation to bring about a trial because of international embarrassment that could ensue. IMO though it would greatly improve relations all over.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Fascinating.

If there are any liberal/democrats that secretly support Bush, Apparently they all moved to Massachusetts and waited for Kennedy to die so they could come out of the closet.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

Maybe because the right made a mockery of the system for trying to plug Clinton on an intern of all things.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sorry to drizzle on your schnizzle but I am a rabid Bush basher who doesn't secretly like him. So just smile and fantasize in your delusional mind that I do.

A few reasons:

An unnecessary war under false pretenses costing over 4,000 American lives.

The Patriot Act.

Domestic spying on American citizens.

Squandering the surplus he inherited from prior administration.

Failing to protect us on 9/11 despite overwhelming intelligence that attack was imminent. Need I continue?

He should be tried for war crimes. Still smiling?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Isn't this like saying those that dislike Obama but aren't screaming about his birth certificate are actually secret Obama supporters. if they don't take the most extreme position on someone they must actually like them.

Hogwash, most Americans are either slightly left or right of the middle. They may dislike a president, but you won't see them screaming about ridiculous things.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G

The next time you hear someone bashing Bush, just smile. You now know that they are really secret Bush supporters.

...Yeah that makes total sense. Your entire symposium of ideas isn't just some weird backwards ass illogical rant from someone who obviously has troubles understanding the world.

I'm not with the Left or Right. I am a Conservative: fiscally and governmentally as well as a Christian (my definition).
Next way to tell a secret Bush supporter will be their stance on "No WMDs found".

...Oh there's your problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP. I thought they were referring to official media leaders and politicians. As in, those who blast a member of the opposite party during their campaign but don't lift a finger to do anything about their misdeeds once in office. Something along those lines. And it's not that they secretly love the person but that they do support their basic goals.

If we're talking about the average common citizen who is vocally against a liberal or conservative, the rules change a bit. What usually keys me into it is when they defend 'their guy' but attack 'the other guy' for the same thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The left right paradigm is a fallacy that needs to be forgotten.

The less people identify with imaginary parties and more with humans the better.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
More like how to tell if you are out of touch with reality.

So I guess if you aren't an extremist then you are supporting the otherside...? durrr dippity doo

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G

Then you're with the right. Not saying you're a republican or libertarian, but you are to the right on the ploitical compass.

top topics

join