It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help Identifying a breed/mix of dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hello. Recently my family dog of 13 yrs passed. Call me a bad owner all you'd like but I never was quite able to put a finger on his mix. I found him as a puppy, a stray and raised him as my own. Sadly he passed yesterday, the 19th. It's really my grandmothers dog but I live here and always have..she really wants another just like him but for the life of me cannot find a match anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here is a pic I uploaded of him. RIP.

img204.imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My sympathies. Words are not sufficient.

I'd go with something like rottweiler/golden retriever

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
aw, so pretty. I am sorry!
I would say golden, rottweiler, and maybe lab.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Thank you guys for your replies and sympathy. I too sorta thought the same in regards to mix. However, I googled the mix but can't find a match. Guess I'll keep trying. Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

BTW don't feel bad if you dont' know the breed. It is not important really.

I am not doing a shameless plug, but this info on a topic I started might make you feel better about it.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hmm I would also say a bit of collie in there due to the hair, So something else to look up,

Sorry about your loss

It may be worth joining up to a dog forum aswell, I'm sure they would be able to point you in the right direction, xx

[edit on 21-1-2010 by asala]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I would say, ST.Bernard/ Border Collie. Or perhaps, and I mean perhaps, some Alsatian. But leaning more toward my first guess.

I'm pretty good at spotting the mix in crossbreeds.
Anyway, what an awesome dog! I'm sorry for your loss...I couldn't even imagine losing me Sheba.
I lost a Great Dane, when I was 13, nothing will ever be able to replace him.

Good luck.
And give your granny a hug!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I defintaly reckon there's a bit of Collie in there. Possibly some Rotty too. Nothing wrong with not being able to identify what breeds are in a dog. I have 2 dogs and I've no idea what mix they are. (well, 1 I know is half Staffordshire Bull terrier, but no idea what the rest of him is
And the other has been accused of being anything from corgie, to killer whale to coffee table, and people wonder why he has a complex
)

He looks very happy in that picture. I'm sorry that he's no longer with you. You gave him a home, and your love, when he had nothing, which makes you special

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok i think i found the mix

It really looks like a Collie x Rottweiler

Heres a pic i found,

www.tarynblyth.co.za...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Heres a pic i found,

www.tarynblyth.co.za...

The first mutts fur is messier than the one you have. I thinks it rotwilder and Golden retriever or some toher breed of dog with not so neat a fur.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Heres a pic i found,

www.tarynblyth.co.za...

It does somewhat resemble him, and the closest I've seen to finding a match but I honestly don't think that's the right mix. I REALLY appreciate your efforts. I just got done discussing this w/ my grandmother and she says shepard and lab mix keeps ringing bells for her. I've googled some pics and found similarities but can't quite find an exact match. Maybe that's my problem, there is no exact match

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sad news

Looks like my friends dog Sammy and she is rottie-colie and shephard.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
St Bernard/ Rottweiler,Maybe..... He is huge and his fur & build resembles that of a St Bernard, the coloring, that of a Rottweiler.

Okay, that's my last bet.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Its a shame as you may not get a 100% match, I guess its really down to letting go, And thats the hardest thing in the world to do,

I hope you do find a dog that suits, I lost my dog last year and i ended up now with a husky!
And hes an amazing dog,

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

So sorry for your loss, I still miss my dog after nine years, I think he looks very much like a Border Collie.

new topics

top topics

join