It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a new short story contest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I can't find one for January/feb. Is there a thread about it? I dont see any entries either. Maybe someone could fill me in?
Ugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh apparently today I am non typist!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Fill me in as well please, ... if there's a contest I would love to compete, thank you.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Same here. I'm always afraid that I will miss the announcement. I can't wait for the next contest to start!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Add me to the list of 'inquiring minds' concerning this topic....

Awaiting Moderator Enlightenment...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It'd be cool to have a Psychological thriller short story contest. I have my story already, scary thing is it's based on the person I know that's fits a psychological disorder. Love to enter this one in. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Sounds interesting. I would like to know about a new contest as well. I have a few ideas squirming around in my brain and I'd love to capture them.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Count me in
Don't make us wait.
Floodgates open!
Stories great?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alttracks
Count me in
Don't make us wait.
Floodgates open!
Stories great?

Only in my mind, I'm sure that there will be others who don't like it, But if it's to be done, I should at least put it to paper lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oh God! I have to get out of this rhyme mode. Spit Spit
I found myself doing it last night in my sleep.
All because I was trying out the different poetic patterns, I have to get stuck in this one.
I have to work to not do it and go back over my words to make sure I'm not doing it subconsciously.
I've even tried to do various writing styles to shake it, such as:

NEWS FLASH -- Royal Ball crashed by mysterious guest. Leaves behind shoe. Royal Security has cleared the room and is checking for explosive traces. One guest quoted "I can't believe she made it in here. Wearing last years gown, no less. Leaving behind such a small shoe, as if she expected us to believe she wore it." King and Queen have retired for the night. Prince in a tizzy. The Royal Council expected to investigate.

Help! How do I shake the rhyme curse?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well, it has been a month since the last post in this thread, so I figured I would give it a bump and see if there was any mods interested in starting a contest yet. Let us know!

top topics

join