It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman suggests divine ‘intervention’ won Mass. race for GOP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
rawstory.com...

As recently as earlier this week, US House Rep. Steve King was worried that the outcome of the special Senate election in Massachusetts would be determined by voter fraud.

But now that his side has won, the Iowa Republican is attributing the electoral victory to something else: A "miracle" from a (presumably divine) "intervention."

"How could you possibly ... spend enough money and take away enough liberty, that the three-and-a-half to one Democrats-to-Republicans in Massachusetts would elect a Republican to come down to the United States Senate and vote against cloture, so that the Harry Reid bill could be killed in the Senate?" King asked on the House floor Tuesday night, in comments picked up by TalkingPointsMemo.

"How could you ever spend that much money? I didn't believe it was possible, Mr. Speaker," King said. "But I -- some would say a miracle has taken place tonight, and I wouldn't disagree with that. I believe there has been intervention, and I'm grateful for it."

King has been personally involved in the Massachusetts race, despite hints from the local GOP that he wasn't invited. On Monday, he sent out a Tweet that suggested he was hoping bad weather in Boston would depress voter turnout, which he believed would work in Republican candidate Scott Brown's favor.

So Brown was God's chosen. And the GOP once again is chosen by God to rule this country according to their spiritual dictates. The evidence is clear.

Lord please protect me from your followers; they're nutz.

King goes straight to Divine intervention; not voter disaffection, turnout, savy campaign stratagy, or effective advertising....

I suppose that when the GOP loses an election it must be because of SATAN.

God help us!!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You know the far right, the will believe anything just because it has "God" all over it, I can only imagine that "God" gave Brown the right back in 82 to win Cosmo sexy man of the year too.

Sometimes I wonder about the mentality of this politicraps.
hey but is always a sucker out there and every where.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Politicians are a sub-spieces unto themselves

They never fit in in any other part of society so they made their own "clique".

They don't represent you and me. Never have,Never will.

Do yourself a favor, don't listen to them because they're not talking to you anyway. They're talking amongst themselves.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Who is this "GOD" character? And why does he have a hard on for republicans?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Who knows, maybe it was "divine intervention". No one specified that it was "God" who intervened. It could have been "Satan" too...after all Satan was born an angel, so that qualifies him as "divine"

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
No one said anything about God.

Stop putting words in people's mouths.

And even if he did say God did it . . . so friggin' what?

He has religious beliefs, just like every single person on this earth does.

And then?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well I think this Congressman needs psychological intervention.

How the hell do these character's get elected anyways.

Maybe I'm being a bit too tough, I can see how he would say something like that, ... and see how others misconstrue it.

However If I see him flipping a cross everytime he vote's I'm gonna be pissed.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Another hack movement of word to MANIPULATE the intention of what someone states.

Typical move by the patent pending moves of the movement to destroy the US.

From the OP-

But now that his side has won, the Iowa Republican is attributing the electoral victory to something else: A "miracle" from a (presumably divine) "intervention."

Notice how the only things in quotes are "miracle" and "intervention"!

Deny ignorance? Or should it be deny IGNORANTS as a NOUN!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Exactly...that backs up my point brilliantly...he is the spawn of Satan !!! Oh no !!! We're doomed...well...at least until 12.21.12

Now...I'm wondering how the results of this election fit into the whole "Obama is a member of the NWO" theory. Umm...if Obama was one of TPTB, wouldn't have the election gone the other way ?

Seriously...I'm totally confused, but admittedly, doesn't take a lot these days !!! Strange times we're in people...strange times...

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Heaven help us from those helping us into heaven.

One set of loons is further out there than the other set. Meanwhile they collaborate to make sure there's no third set.

Stop telling us how holy you are and start leading by example.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As a Christian, I see the world in a Biblical viewpoint. There is good and there is evil. And the current government in Washington controlled by the liberal progressive democrats under Obama is not good. I do see what happened in Massachusetts as divine intervention. The Bible says that God sets up leaders and deposes others. He builds up kingdoms and pulls down others.

Put it this way. People woke up lately in Massachusetts and saw what Obama, Reed, and Pelosi were trying to do to them, and the rest of us. And they resisted. That, in my opinion is divine. In December Brown was 30+ points behind and the people were asleep. What happened to wake them up ?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
In December Brown was 30+ points behind and the people were asleep. What happened to wake them up ?

Do you think God woke them up to Obama's Satanic Plan??

We all know that he's the Antichrist!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
you do have to admit that the most liberal state in the USA electing an (R), who came from a 20% defecit is sort of a minor miracle

[edit on 1/20/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I would like to see voter turn out numbers compared to previous elections. I bet the Republican victory has more to do with discouraged Democrats (staying home) and desperate Republicans (getting out) than anything else. Divine intervention
So, God will step in to help out a republican candidate, but does nothing to aid the suffering of billions around the world...Talk about egocentric...this congressman takes the cake!

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I'd be more interested in a list of his major campaign contributors. See who his masters really are.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I would like to see voter turn out numbers compared to previous elections. I bet the Republican victory has more to do with discouraged Democrats (staying home) and desperate Republicans (getting out) than anything else. Divine intervention
So, God will step in to help out a republican candidate, but does nothing to aid the suffering of billions around the world...Talk about egocentric...this congressman takes the cake!

Actually, voter turn out was heavy. 1 out of 5 democrats pulled the lever for Scott Brown. Independents carried the day by a 2 to 1 margin. 95 percent of Repubs voted for him. This was nothing short of miraculous in a blue blue State. But why would God be interested in this election ? He is interested because people prayed to Him and asked Him to intervene. I was one of them. I prayed for bad weather so acorn people wouldn't get on the buses. Democrats are fair weather voters while Repubs wil walk over broken glass in a hurricane to vote. I prayed he would win by several points so that dead people wouldn't be counted, and illegals wouldn't make up the difference. I got my answer and that was enough for me. Now it's onward to the nation.

[edit on 20-1-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
reply to post by Aggie Man

I'd be more interested in a list of his major campaign contributors. See who his masters really are.

Nah, I could care less about that...the big contributors are all evil, corporate interests...the usual suspects I imagine.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

But why would God be interested in this election ? He is interested because people prayed to Him and asked Him to intervene. I was one of them.

Are you serious? And you actually believe that prayers were answered? A lot more people pray for the billions of poverty stricken than prayed for a the election. So you think your god gives higher priority to elections than human suffering on a global scale? Again, egocentric!

EDIT: I suppose, since god does intervene in politics, then he must have wanted Obama there in the White House...a prayer of mine answered...WOOHOO!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Flame me if you want but I thought it was a minor miracle...heck Scott Brown even won Hyannis Port (Ted Kennedy's hometown).

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

But why would God be interested in this election ? He is interested because people prayed to Him and asked Him to intervene. I was one of them.

Are you serious? And you actually believe that prayers were answered? A lot more people pray for the billions of poverty stricken than prayed for a the election. So you think your god gives higher priority to elections than human suffering on a global scale? Again, egocentric!

EDIT: I suppose, since god does intervene in politics, then he must have wanted Obama there in the White House...a prayer of mine answered...WOOHOO!!!!

God is motivated by faith, not how many prayers you say or what you pray for. I prayed and what I asked for I received. So yes, I would say my prayers were in fact answered. But not just mine but the many thousands perhaps who prayed across the nation for the same result.

God put Obama into office, this is true. So America would learn a real good lesson and not elect something far worse than him. But yes, as I said, God chooses the leaders of the nations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join